- Text Size +

 

Chapter 28

Amy arrived at the venue early that morning. She was excited to see Brian, but nervous about telling him the news. Amy was supposed to call him after the appointment, but she didn't want to talk about it on the phone. It was something she needed to tell Brian in person. Instead she silenced her phone and ignored it. Every once in a while Amy checked her voicemail and had plenty of messages from Brian.

Amy silently slipped onto Brian's tour bus. Maybe he would be in the venue, so she would have time to think about what she was going to say. She prayed that Brian wouldn't be angry with her, but she expected him to be.

"Why didn't you call me?" Brian uttered as soon as he saw Amy. The look on his face showed that he was sick with worry.

"Brian, it was just a lot to take in. I was trying to process it all. Then, I had to shut off my phone during the flight. I didn't want to talk about it over the phone." Amy set her bag down and sat down on the couch next to Brian.

"I was worried sick about you. So many thoughts were going through my mind." His eyes were blurry with tears.

"Bri, I'm sorry. I was only thinking of myself. I didn't do it on purpose. I mean that." She looked at him feeling helpless.

"A, baby, you've got to start leaning on me. I'm here for you no matter what."  He took my hand and placed a kiss on it.

"It's hard. I've spent my whole life depending on myself. Dottie is the only one I've had in my life for a long time. Sometimes it's hard to let people in and rely on them. I'm trying, but I still get caught up in doing it on my own." Amy explained to Brian.

"I know that, but I'm here to take care of you unconditionally." He wrapped his arms around her. "Now tell me what happened."

"Well, the doctor did an exam and gave me a blood test, but we won't have the results for a few days." Amy expounded what happened. There was sadness in her voice.

"So we'll know in a few days?" Brian smiled getting excited about what the future may hold.

"Yeah." She hid her face in the crook of Brian's neck.

"What's wrong? Did something else happen?" Brian was concerned because Amy sounded sad.

Amy didn't say anything for a while. She just wanted to feel Brian's body against hers. Once her nerves calmed down, she was ready to tell him exactly what happened.

"Dr. Sinclair said the results might be negative because it might be too early for the HCG hormone to show up. If that's the case she wants me to get another blood test."

"A, I'll be excited if you are pregnant. If not we can always try again. You know practice makes perfect." Brian laughed at his own joke.

Amy sat up and made a funny face. "That because you love having sex."

"I prefer saying making love, and with you I would do it multiple times a day." He gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"You're such a man." She laughed.

"Who's a man?" Nick's voice thundered through the bus.

"Hey, Nick." Amy said nervously. "Please don't get mad at me, but Dottie is still in Florida.

"It's okay Amy. Dottie called me and told me that she made you come back. I wish I could be there to support her, but she's strong. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with her." He smiled at his last comment.

"Well, I'm glad you're not mad. I really didn't want to deal with the wrath of Nick Carter." Amy laughed.

"Are you saying I have a temper?" Nick said feigning shock.

"I've seen you yelling at your videos games and yelling during football games." She countered back. Nick stuck his tongue out. They are started laughing.

"I hope Jake doesn't take it out on Dottie. It would kill me if he hurts her." Nick plopped down on the couch.

"I think it will be okay. Detective Peters will be with her." Brian said as he pulled Amy close to him.

"On a lighter note, what do you have planned for Dottie in L.A.?" Amy was curious about this romantic weekend Nick had planned.

"As much as I would love to tell you, I'm keeping that secret to myself." He had a big grin on his face.

"Fine." Amy stood up. "No matter what she's going to love it."

"Where are you going?" Brian tried to pull her into his lap.

"I have to pee."  With that she made her way to the bathroom.

"Rok you have anything planned for the weekend?" Nick asked quietly.

"I'm going to take Amy home with me. I thought we could just spend time together relaxing at my house. It's been so stressful for us that I figured we just needed some alone time."

"That makes sense. I bet you'll spend most of your time in bed." Nick chuckled.

"Are you saying I'm a horn dog?" Brian asked his friend with a smile.

"Well, when it comes to the woman you love, it's more than okay to be horny every minute of the day. I know I can't stop thinking of being inside Dottie."

"You can spare me the personal details. I'm glad you're happy Nick. You and Dottie deserve it." Brian gave him a pat on the arm.

"Thanks. It means a lot. I've screwed up a lot in the past. Dottie's the one. She's my best friend. She makes me want to be a better person."

"And Dottie feels the same way about you, Nick" Amy says as she walks over to the guys.

Nick's cell phone rings and he pulls it out of his pocket. "It's my brother. Talk to you later." He ran off the bus.

"Well it's you and me again." Brian's eyes flickered with desire.

"What's on your schedule for today, Mr. Littrell?" Amy leaned against the wall of the bus.

"I have a meeting at two and sound check at five, but from let's say ten thirty until one thirty I have time to make love to you over and over."  Brian moved in front of Amy.

"I think that sounds like a perfectly wonderful idea." Amy wrapped her arms around Brian's neck. His lips moved to her neck. Slowly he nibbled his way up her neck to her lips. He sucked on her lower lip. Amy's opened her mouth and let Brian's tongue enter her mouth.  They kissed until they were breathless. Brian pulled away from her mouth.

"Let's take this to the bedroom.  I want to make sweet, sweet love to you." He took Amy's hand and pulled her into his bedroom.

Once inside he locked the door. He took his phone out his pocket and shut it off. Then he grabbed Amy's out of her pocket.  She gave him a smile.

"I don't want us to be disturbed for the next few hours. "  He picked Amy up and placed her gently on the bed.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let us know! :)