- Text Size +

 

Chapter 58

"Guys, I have something I need to do. I'll see you at the wedding." Nick rushed off with another word. He had something important he needed to do.

"What's he up to?" Howie asked after Nick's rapid departure.

"I'm sure it has something to do with Dottie." Brian sipped his drink.

"I'm sure it does after you told him what she was really feeling. I just hope everything's okay. Those two are perfect for each other." AJ was one of their biggest supporters.

"But see there's the problem. We are always using the word perfect. None of us are perfect, and none of us have a perfect relationship. There's no way Dottie can live up to being perfect." Brian said seriously.

"I don't think Nick expects her to be."

"I get that Howie. I was just trying to make a point." Brian said rudely.

"What's your problem man?" AJ asked. Something was up for him to be acting this way. He was usually fun and laidback.

"Nothing except my girlfriend doesn't want to marry me." He looked at his plate.

"Shit, man I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Brian played with the food on his plate. He was upset, but tried to play it off.

"You want to talk about it?" Howie asked. He knew Brian needed to talk to someone.

"Amy keeps making excuses every time we talk about marriage. She says our relationship is still new, and that dealing with the pregnancy is more than enough of a life change for her. This morning she told me that I only have marriage on the brain because of the wedding. She pissed me off when she said it."

"Did you tell her that?" AJ questioned as he finished his lunch.

"Yes, because it's not true. Me wanting to marry her has nothing to do with Nick and Dottie's wedding. Then she told me she'll tell me when she's ready to get married. " Brian sighed. He was frustrated with Amy. "I want my proposal to be romantic, not planned by her. I want to give her a fairytale."

"Bri, just remember she's dealing with a lot. Pregnancy messes with a woman's mind. Amy's hormones are out of whack. Let her adjust to being pregnant. She'll calm down, I promise. I suggest not mentioning marriage to her for a while. Just let your relationship grow stronger each day. Marriage will come."

"I guess you're right, Howie. Let's go play some golf." The guys left for the golf course.

 

Meanwhile, Nick was very busy while the guys played golf. He took a cab to the Mirage. Sure it was tradition to not see the bride before the wedding. He didn't care. Screw tradition. He had his own traditions to make with Dottie.

He sent a quick text to Ro to find out what room the girls were getting ready in. Nick knew she would give him the information. Amy would have shooed him away. He made his way onto the floor and looked for their room. Once he found it, he knocked on the door.

Amy opened it. "What are you doing here?" She whispered so Dottie wouldn't know he was standing outside.

"I need to talk to Dottie. It's important."

"You're not calling off the wedding?" She asked worriedly.

"Hell no. I just need to talk to her. It's really important." Nick whined.

Dottie moved behind Amy. "Let him in."

Amy opened the door and Nick walked in. He smiled at Dottie who looked beautiful standing there in a white silk robe. The other women left the room.

"What are you doing here?" Dottie smiled as she moved closer to her husband-to-be.

"I need to talk to you." He gave her a kiss on the cheek. That's when she noticed a bag in Nick's hand.

"Let's go out on the balcony." She said quietly and took his hand.

They both found a chair and sat down. Nick decided to start. "I had an interesting conversation with Brian this afternoon. Why didn't you tell me the full truth this morning?" He asked softly.

She thought for a few minutes trying to figure out how to tell Nick what she was feeling. "Nick, I'm sorry for not telling you everything. Last night I was irrational about everything. I guess I was nervous about getting married. After our argument I freaked out about how I wasn't good enough for you."

"Dottie, you are more than good enough for me. I'm the one who's not perfect. You've seen my track record. I'm not good enough for you." Nick took her hand in his.

"Nick, I love you no matter what. The thing is I want to be perfect for you. I want to be everything you want me to be." Dottie's eyes glistened with tears.

"All I want is for you to be you. You don't have to be perfect. I've never asked you once to be perfect. I like that you give me a hard time when I'm an ass. I like that we don't agree about everything. I just want you."

Dottie placed herself in Nick's lap. She pulled his face in for a loving kiss. They were both loss in each other's touch. The kiss was all about love for one another. Nick moved back and smiled at Dottie. "I love you, D more than you'll ever know. I plan on showing you each and every day of my life how much I love you."

"I plan on doing the same to you Mr. Carter." Dottie smiled through her tears of happiness. "What's in the bag?"

Nick smiled at her and gave her the bag. "This is for both of us. It's a symbol of what I want our life to be. I want the next hundred years to be filled with love, laughter, and happiness. I know there will be times of sorrow and sadness, but the together we can overcome those times."

Dottie started taking out the presents in the bag. First she saw a pregnancy test. Her eyes widen.

"Dottie there is nothing more than a baby created by our love to show how much we love each other. I want to be there when you take that test. I'm going to be there holding you hair when you're puking your guts out."

"That's so romantic of you." She rolled her eyes and giggled.

"Just keep opening the gifts." He smiled down at the love of his life.  

Dottie continued opening all the gifts inside the bag. Each one had to do with having a baby. He gave her a baby journal, mommy to be t-shirt, a daddy t-shirt, a photo album, a frame, and an outfit for the baby to go home in.

"Nick, thank you." She wrapped her body around his. "These gifts are wonderful, but the thought and love behind it means more to me than anything. Nick, everything is going to be perfec...I mean great. I have to let go of trying to be perfect and just be me. With you as my husband I know I can do that."

"I accept you for who you are. No need to be perfect. Just be my Dottie." He placed a kissed on her hair.

They cuddled together on the balcony for a while, until the girls interrupted their moment.

"Nick as much as you make my best friend happy. Get your white marshmallow ass out of here. We have a wedding to get ready for." Amy teased.

Dottie got up so that Nick could leave. "I feel the love Amy. Just remember payback is a bitch. I'll get you at your wedding."

"Ooohh. Nick Carter threatening me, I should be shivering in my stilettos." Amy laughed. Nick walked past her and she pushed him.

"Just you wait Amy." Everyone started laughing.

"Dottie will protect me."

"I don't think so. I'm not getting involved." Dottie gave Nick a quick peck and watched as he walked out the door.

"Is everything okay?" Amy asked her best friend.

"Everything is perfect." She started to laugh. "I mean everything is wonderful."

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let us know!! :)