- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

OH...this is it. We've come to the end of the journey.  For now anyway.  We really hope you've enjoyed our story...and we already plan to work together again. We had too much fun with this one.

 

Chapter 65

Epilogue

            After their celebration, the guys started playing slots to give Dottie and Amy a few minutes to talk. As they stand off to the side and watch their men, Dottie says, "Amy, I need to thank you."

            Amy looks at her puzzled and says, "For what?"

            With tears in her eyes, Dottie says, "For always being there for me." Before Amy can interrupt her, Dottie says, "The last two years have been a rocky roller coaster at best. Everyone else abandoned me, but you didn't."

            Amy hugs her and says, "Nick didn't."

            Dottie smiles and lets her gaze move back to her husband. She says, "No, he didn't. He waited. Waited for you to help me find myself again. Without you, I wouldn't have what I have today. I'll be forever in your debt."

            For once, Amy doesn't cry. She grabs Dottie's hands and says, "For whatever reason, fate brought us together as friends. Fate brought Brian and Nick into our lives. You don't owe me a thing, D. Being here for each other is what a family does. And you ARE my family."

            Dottie hugs her one more time and says, "Go enjoy your husband. I'm so happy you two got married."

            Amy says, "I'm sorry we didn't tell you. It just sort of happened."

            Dottie says, "Amy, I wanted you to be happy. I knew Brian could do it. I'm thrilled beyond reason you're married. Don't apologize."

            One more hug and Amy moves to Brian. After whispering in his ear, Brian turns to Nick, slaps him on the back and gets up to walk away. Dottie walks up to Nick and slides her arms around his waist, resting her head on his back.

            He covers her hand with his and says, "What's wrong D?"

            She slides around until she's beside him and says, "Nothing. Today, life is perfect."

            He kisses her before saying, "Why don't we go back to our room, wife?"

            Smiling as she drowns in his big blue eyes, she whispers, ‘Why don't we?"

            As they leave the casino hand and hand, neither realizes Nick's last play on the slot machine hit the jackpot. Neither of them cares. All that matters is their love. That's the only jackpot they need.

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let us know!! :) 


Hope you enjoyed it!!