- Text Size +

 

Chapter 4

After Amy left Nick and Dottie to talk, she made her way into the venue. She decided to not go to the dressing room to see Brian. She wasn't his girlfriend yet, so she didn't want to intrude on his personal time before the show. For all Amy knew, Brian might have a special ritual that he didn't want her included in.

She was enjoying her time with Brian, but she definitely wanted more. Now that his divorce was final, she hoped that he would step up and take their relationship to the next level. Amy was a romantic at heart and wanted the fairytale.

Amy continued walking down the hallways forcing herself to stay away from the dressing room. This was easier said than done and she was feeling like a school girl. She ended up pacing back and forth in front of the room.

"Amy what are you doing?" AJ snuck up behind her. She jumped when she heard his voice.

"Age, don't scare me like that!" She had her hand on her chest. "I'm just trying get some exercise in."

"Liar." He smiled with his eyes.

"Why would I lie?" Amy leaned against the wall. AJ grabbed her hand and pulled her into the dressing room.

"Lookie what I found outside the dressing room Rok!" He stopped me right in front of Brian who was buckling his belt. Amy's face was a deep shade of red.

"Why were you out there?" He questioned. She knew this was a mistake. She should have never been outside. He didn't want her there and she got that. It wasn't like she had a right to be there. She wasn't his girlfriend. They were just dating.

"I'll just go." Amy quickly made her way to the door. She was embarrassed about her actions. Once she got in the hallway she didn't know where to go. Amy turned to go down one hall, but then changed her mind. She did this for a few minutes and then decided to head toward the arena.

She heard footsteps behind her, but chose to ignore them. It was probably a roadie or some other worker. Amy wanted to get far away from the dressing room.

"Would you slow down?" Brian yelled. Amy turned around and saw him running after her. She stopped and waited for him. When he stopped in front of her, he was out of breath.

"I didn't know you could walk that fast." He stopped to catch his breath. "Now, why are you running away from me?"

"Brian, you're going on in like five minutes. We can talk later." She didn't want to get into it at that very moment.

"No, I want to know now. We always run late, you know Backstreet Time."

"It's nothing."

"It's not nothing when you are running away from me."

Amy stays quiet for a minute, internally deciding whether she should tell him or not. Honesty is the best policy in her book, so even though they aren't in a relationship doesn't mean she shouldn't be honest with him.

"Bri, I don't know where I fit in on the tour with you. I mean am I allowed in the dressing room? I don't know anything about rules or traditions. I don't want to do anything to make you mad at me." She said in two breaths. Brian looks at her and starts laughing. "What's so funny?"

"A, you are allowed everywhere. You can come in the dressing room anytime you want." He pulls her in for a hug. "I think it's cute that you are all flustered about it. I was wondering how long it would take you to knock on the door."

"You knew I was out there?" Amy pushed herself away from Brian.

"Yes, but don't get mad.  AJ walked past you three times and you didn't pay any attention to him. He texted me that you were pacing and looking like you was going to hurl chunks."

Amy's face turned red from the embarrassment that she was feeling. She was pissed that Brian thought it was funny. Her eyes focused on the floor.

"Sweetheart, don't be mad at me. I think it's cute. What's got you so upset now? You were fine earlier." He moved closer to her.

She decided to tell him what she was feeling. "Brian, I like you a lot. These past six months have been great. We really got a chance to know each other. It's just that I want what Dottie has."

"You mean you want Nick?" He flashed her a cheeky grin. Brian knew what she wanted, and he was ready to give it to her. Though he was having fun teasing her about it.

"Come on, be serious for a moment."

"Sorry. Go ahead."

"I don't want Nick, but I want what they have. They are so in love with each other." She stated shyly.

"Are you trying to tell me something?" He caressed her cheek. She looked up and into his eyes.

"Yes, I think I'm starting to fall in love with you." Amy barely whispered.

"Let's go Littrell. We're already late." Nick ran past them.

"We'll talk later." Brian gave her a quick kiss and ran off toward the stage.

Amy couldn't believe she told Brian that she was in love with him. What if he didn't feel the same way? She would look like a fool. Brian was the one guy she could see herself with for the long run. He was everything she needed. This is why she was feeling stupid at the moment. Maybe she was wrong for telling him the way she was feeling. He probably didn't feel the same way. Plus his divorce was just finalized.

"A, let's go the show is about to start." Dottie yelled from down the hall.

"I'm coming." Amy headed over toward her friend.

"Is everything okay?" Dottie asked.

"I was going to ask you the same thing. You go first."

"Talking to Nick makes things better for me. He gets me and knows how to make me feel better." She smiles think about how much she loves him. "I didn't tell him everything, but I'm going to talk to all the guys tonight."

"You are strong and all of the guys love you. They just want to see you happy just like I do." Amy wanted her friend to know that even though she had been through hell, that she was worthy of all that was good in the world. Dottie deserved to be happy and loved.

"Thanks, A. I'm glad you're my best friend." She gives her friend a hug. "Now what's going on with you?"

"I spazzed out over something stupid."

"What did you do?" Dottie looked at Amy, who started to laugh.

"I was pacing outside the dressing room. I wasn't sure Brian wanted me there. Then I told him I was falling in love with him."

Dottie smiled at her friend.  If she only knew what Brian had planned for her.  Amy was in for a surprise. They were so cute together. She had no reason to worry about Brian. He was falling for Amy in a big way.

"Aww. Love is in the air." She teased her friend. "Come let's go watch out boys. I need to see some hot moves from my man." The two women linked arms and walked into the arena to enjoy the show.

Chapter End Notes:

Please let us know!  :)