- Text Size +

 

"Brian do I look alright?" Amy asked unsurely as she smoothed out her black dress. She wanted to make a good impression on Brian's parents

"You look beautiful." He gave her a reassuring smile. "My parents already adore you. My mom loves talking on the phone with you."

"I'm so nervous." She sat on the bed. Brian moved next to her on the bed.

"A, baby I promise there is nothing to be nervous about. My parents are excited to meet you. They already think of you as one of the family." He gave her a quick kiss. "We better go. They are probably waiting for us."

Amy grabbed her purse and they headed out. She was still nervous, but hoped Brian's parents would like her.

They met Brian's parents at small Italian restaurant. They were excited to see their son and meet Amy. Everyone quickly sat down and placed their order.

"Amy, it's a pleasure to meet you. I've enjoyed our chats." Jackie reached over and gave Amy a hug.

"It's great meeting you. I look forward to talking to you." Amy tried to calm down, but couldn't. She was feeling a little queasy, but wasn't sure if it was nerves or morning sickness.

"So Brian, how's the tour going?"  Harold asked his son.

"It's going great, dad. The fans have been amazing. Having Dottie on tour has been great. She's really a blessing." Brian squeezed Amy's hand under the table. Without Dottie he would have never met the love of his life. He was grateful for that.

"How's Dottie? I haven't seen her in such a long time. She's always been good to you guys."

"Mom, she's wonderful. Her and Nick just got engaged." Brian smiled, knowing how happy his friends were.

"I was waiting for those two to get together."

"Mrs. Littrell, they are perfect for each other. They are so happy and in love." Amy was Dottie's biggest fan. She was happy that her best friend found love.

"Please call me Jackie. Tell me more about what you do for a living. We've never gotten to talk a lot about it."

"Working as a travel agent is great. I've gotten to travel to places I've never expected I would." Amy sipped her water. Brian was enjoyed seeing Amy and his parents get along.

"You must work for a great company since they let you take time off to be with Brian." Harold asked Amy.

"It's run by a friend of mine. She understands my relationship with Brian. Since I'm traveling a lot right now, I've been helping to write about the various sights in each city we've been to. I'm also in charge of creating the travel catalogs. So a lot of my work can be done from anywhere."

"You are very lucky."

"I'm just glad she is able to be with me." Brian was never happier than when Amy was by his side.

The waiter brought out the meal. He set Amy's ravioli in front of her. It looked delicious and she was very hungry. As soon as she put the fork to her mouth a wave of nausea came over her. She quickly got up and ran to the restroom.

Brian looked nervous and concerned. Jackie and Harold shared a knowing look. "Is everything okay with Amy?" Harold asked his son.

"I'm not sure." Brian wasn't ready to spill the beans yet about the baby. He wanted to give it some more time before he told his parents. He wasn't worried about what they would say, but he knew Amy wasn't ready to share the news.

"Why don't I go check on her?" Jackie excused herself to the bathroom.

Amy was leaning against the wall in the restroom when the door opened. Jackie walked over to her. "Is everything alright? You look pale." She asked Amy in concern.

"I'm fine. Just feeling a little queasy. It will pass in a few minutes." Amy shrugged Jackie's concern off. She didn't want to make a big deal. Amy wasn't sure if Brian was ready to tell his parents that they were having a baby. They hadn't discussed it.

"Amy are you sure? We can have Brian take you back to the hotel." She got a wet paper towel for Amy.

"Thanks Jackie." She wiped her face off. "I'm feeling better."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." Amy wasn't sure she wanted to know what the question was, but she would be honest with her answer.

"Are you pregnant?" Jackie asked calmly.

Amy didn't speak for a moment. Her mouth was dry and she couldn't get the words out. She couldn't read Jackie's face, so Amy wasn't sure if Jackie would be happy or upset with her answer.

"Yes. We just found out a couple of days ago." Amy answered quietly.

"Oh, I'm so happy for the two of you. I can't wait to be a grandma again." Jackie pulled her into a hug. "Congratulations."

"Thank you Jackie. Your support means a lot. How did you know I was pregnant?" Amy asked curiously. She didn't think there were any signs yet.

"It was my first thought when I saw you today. You were glowing. Plus you kept placing your hands on your stomach. You already have a little bump." Jackie smiled at Amy.  "The way Brian is being so delicate with you really made me wonder. He loves you so much."

"I love him, Jackie. He's been so good to me."

"And you've been so good to him especially through all the trouble Glenna's caused. Thank you for being there for him."

"I'll be with him no matter what. Let me freshen up a little and I'll meet you all at the table in a few minutes."

Jackie quickly left. Amy looked at herself in the mirror. How could she have a baby bump already when she was only about a month pregnant? She knew she was gaining weight even though Brian said she wasn't.

 

After Jackie had left, Brian and his dad sat there catching up and talking about sports.

"Brian, I have something I wanted to give you for a long time." Harold took a small box out of his jacket pocket.

"Dad, you know you don't have to give me anything."

"Brian, this was your Great Aunt Elizabeth's engagement ring. I've had it for many years, but I wanted to give it you when the time was right. I knew that Glenna was not the right woman to wear it."

"Yeah that's a mistake I'd like to forget. Thought if it wasn't for Glenna I'd probably have never met Amy and realized what real love was." As much as Brian hated Glenna, it helped him to find what he truly wanted in his life. He knew he found that in Amy.

"Amy is your soul mate Brian. I'm glad that you found the love of your life. I've always wanted you to be as happy as I am with your mom. I see you and Amy being together forever." Harold got choked up. "It's now time for you to have the ring. When you're ready, put it on her finger."

Harold handed the box over to Brian. Tears were threatening to fall from Brian's eyes. "Thanks Dad. It means a lot to me." Brian was looking forward to the day when he would put this ring on Amy's finger.

 

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let us know! :)