- Text Size +

 

Chapter 50

The last two weeks had gone fast. The boys were busy with the tour and flying out for appointments. Nick was being hush, hush about the wedding. Amy was curious, but every time she talked to Nick he said things were under control. It was Tuesday and the wedding was going to be held on Friday.

It was early morning and Amy couldn't sleep.  She was excited because today she would being finding out if she was having twins. Since her doctor was on the east coast, she would be calling at any time.  She was sitting out on the balcony while Brian snored away in the room.  Amy kept looking at her phone and willing it to ring.

When she was about to give up and go back inside; her phone buzzed in her hand. She didn't even check to see who it was before she picked it up. "Hello!"

"Amy, I need your help." Nick sounded frantic.

"What's wrong? Is Dottie okay?" Amy went into panic mode. Concern for her friends was on her brain.

"Dottie's fine." Nick swallowed. He hated admitting defeat, especially when it came to Dottie. He never wanted to disappoint her. "I need your help. I don't have anything planned for the wedding."

"WHAT!!!!" Amy shrieked into the phone. "Nick the wedding is in three days. What do you mean you don't have anything planned?"

"Amy, I want it to be perfect for Dottie. I know nothing about flowers and whatever else you need for a wedding." Nick got quiet for a minute. "I'm begging you. Please help me make this a day to remember for Dottie."

"Where are you?" Amy walked back in the room and found her suitcase. She grabbed some clothes.

"I'm at Starbucks."

"I'll be there in ten minutes. Order me a green tea latte." Amy started getting dressed.

"Thanks, Amy. I'm really grateful." Nick meant it. He couldn't do this without Amy's help.

"You owe me." Amy hung up and finished getting ready.

 

When she entered Starbucks, she found Nick sitting a table hidden in the corner towards the back. It was relatively empty, which was good. If the fans found out their plans the wedding could get crazy.

"Okay, let's get started. You have a lot to do."

"I don't want to get married in some stupid chapel by Elvis."

"Then the first thing we need to do is find a place to hold the wedding. Let's start by calling all the hotels. Dottie wants to get married at night, so make sure you tell them that." Amy rattled off. She took a sip of her tea before starting to make phone calls.

After about twenty minutes and fifty phone calls, Nick had the biggest grin on his face.  "Well, I found us a spot."

"Oh Nick that is wonderful. Where?"  Amy opened her laptop to start writing down all the information for Nick.

"It's going to be at the Mirage poolside at night. We are saying I do at nine fifteen."

"That's going to be beautiful." Amy wiped tears from her eyes. Her best friend was getting married. She was full of joy for Dottie and Nick.

"They're going to email me all the information, so that I can choose flowers, food and whatever else. I never realized how much planning goes into a wedding."

"Most people take at least a year to plan their wedding. You have three days. Why did you wait until the last minute?" Amy was curious.

"I didn't know where to begin. Plus, I didn't want to look stupid. All I want to do is make Dottie the happiest woman in the world." Nick's voice was full of emotion when talking about Amy.

"Nick, you could get married on your bus wearing potato sacks, and Dottie wouldn't care. All she needs is you."

"She's all I need." Nick started fiddling with his laptop. "Okay they sent me all the stuff I need. Amy, you're her best friend. You know exactly what she likes. I'm sure you've talked about your dream weddings all the time. Let's start with flowers."

"Dottie loves white roses and lilacs." Amy glanced at the computer as Nick checked them off for her bouquet and floral arrangements.

"You might want to add a flower that you like, so it will be about the both of you. Dottie wants this to be special for both of you."

Two hours later, Nick and Amy were almost completed with the wedding. The last thing they were going to do today was plan the menu for the reception.

"Amy do you want anything to drink? I'm in need of some caffeine." Nick got up and stretched.

"A bottle of water.  I'm going to use the restroom."  Amy grabbed her phone and made her way to the restroom. She quickly sent a text to Brian.

After she washed her hands, her phone beeped. It was a text from Dottie. Where r u? Call me ASAP.

She dialed and waited for Dottie to pick up. "Good morning Amy. Where are you?"

"Oh, I got up early and decided to take a walk. I'm at Starbucks getting a drink." Amy said nonchalantly. She hoped Dottie didn't want to meet her.

"When are you getting back? Nick's off somewhere planning the wedding. I thought we could go dress shopping."

She knew it was going to take at least forty five minutes to plan the meal. By the time she got back to the hotel and got ready it would be at least another hour.  She had to come up with a quick excuse to postpone dress shopping.

"How about we meet for lunch and go shopping afterwards."

"That sounds perfect since I have the afternoon off. Meet me at my room at noon."

Amy quickly got off the phone and made her way back to Nick. He was looking through the menu choices.

"Have you decided anything?" She asked as he sat down.

"I have a few choices. What do you think about these? I was thinking Heirloom tomato salad, filet mignon, herb crusted chicken, potato gratin, and a medley of vegetables."

"That sounds absolutely delicious. Damn, I'm hungry now." Amy sighed.  Nick laughed at her comment.

"I guess that's a go. I was thinking of having a specialty drink that would remind us of our love. What do you think?" Nick smiled at the thought. He wanted everything about the night to be about him and Dottie. He was only getting married once so he wanted to make the moment a lasting memory.

"Aww, I think that's so romantic and sweet. I mean you have done a great job so far. I know you have some surprises that you won't share with me, but you've outdone yourself. I might let you plan my wedding." Amy giggled.

"I wouldn't take it that far, but thanks. I appreciate all the help you've given me. Brian's lucky to have found a woman like you."

"No. I'm lucky to have found him."  Amy wiped her eyes. She hated that she was so emotional all the time. "Now tell me about the specialty drink you want."

"It's called Head Over Heels because that's how I feel about Dottie." Nick meant it with all his heart. He fell head over heels in love with her the first day he met her. She was everything to him.

"After Brian, you're the sweetest man alive." Amy gushed. Her best friend found the perfect man for herself. She was glad that Dottie was marrying Nick. They complimented each other in every way. "So what does this wonderful drink have in it?"

"It's citrus vodka, Hpnotiq and white cranberry juice. Let me email the menu to the Mirage and then we can head back to the hotel."

"Good because I am going wedding dress shopping with your bride this afternoon."

"Cool. I'm taking the guys shopping for suits. I'm so excited for my wedding day."

Dottie was going to be surprised at the wedding Nick had designed for her. It was going to be beautiful and full of love. She was going to get her fairytale and happily ever after.

 

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let us know! :)