- Text Size +

 

Chapter 52

While Nick and Dottie were picking out rings, Brian was helping Amy pick out something special for Dottie to wear on her wedding day. Amy believed in the tradition of something borrowed, something blue, something old, and something new. She found the perfect diamond necklace and earring set for something blue.

"So guys, you better head back to the hotel. You don't want to be late for your meet and greet." Dottie reminds them.

"Yeah, yeah we're going." Nick grumbled. "I'd rather go dress shopping with you. We could have some fun in the dressing room.

Amy hears what Nick says and snickers. "We could have some fun, too." Brian whispers in her ear. She giggles and pushes him away.

"Now don't go spilling the beans Nick." Amy teased. Everyone knew that Nick had a big mouth when it came to something that excited him.

"We're off to the gown shop. We will see you later this afternoon."

Each of the women spends a few precious moments saying goodbye to their man. When the guys pull away, each girl just smiles at their lover. They watch them leave.

"You ready to go pick out your dress?" Amy grabs her friend by the hand. "I'm so excited for you."

"I can't wait. It's hard to believe this moment is here. I never thought this would happen to me." She said earnestly.

"But it is. We've both found true love. Both of us are luckier than we can imagine. Just wait the honeymoon will be even better." Amy giggles thinking about what her own honeymoon will be like.

"I can't wait, but it won't be until after the tour is over." Dottie sighs.

"Well, you and Nick will be spending the night in the honeymoon suite at a hotel far away from us Backstreet folk. It's my gift to you."

"Aww, thank you." Dottie started wiping her eyes.

"Don't start crying. We have dresses to try on."  Amy said as they walked into the bridal store.

Both women were overwhelmed at all the beautiful dresses. Dottie walks over and sees a dress she likes.

"That is gorgeous. Go try it on." Amy nudges her friend.

"But it's the first dress I found." Dottie was unsure of herself all of a sudden.

"That's a beautiful dress, Miss. Would you like to try it on?" The saleslady asked politely.

"Yes, thank you."

 They followed the woman to the dressing room. Amy sat in a chair waiting for Dottie to come out. When she did, Amy was stunned. Dottie looked absolutely gorgeous.

"What do you think?"  Dottie asked with a smile. The dress was the perfect mix of sweet and sophisticated. It was Dottie all the way. It was strapless with a sweetheart bodice and bubble hem. It was accented with soft flowers.

"Oh my gosh! It's absolutely perfect. It's so you and Nick will want to devour you before he even says I do." Amy gushed.

"I do love it." Dottie twirled around a few times while looking at herself in the mirror. Everything was starting to feel real. It was really happening. She was going to marry the love of her life. She was going to be Mrs. Nick Carter.

"Don't try on another one. This is the dress." Amy beamed at her friend. She got out her phone and started taking pictures. She sent one to Brian. "Brian says you look beautiful."

"Why did you send a pic to him?" Dottie shrieked.

"I wanted to get a male perspective. He said that it was perfect and Nick would want to get you out of it as soon as he saw you."

 "I do love it. It feels perfect to me." She smiled dreamily.

"That means it the right dress."  Amy jumped up and gave Dottie a hug.

"Good now we can find your dress." Dottie ran into the dressing room to get changed.

When she came out, Amy was looking at dresses. "Did you see anything you like?"

"Well there's a few, but I'm not so sure. I'm going to look like a heifer in them." Amy sighed. She wasn't feeling real good about her body at the moment.

"Just because there are twins inside doesn't mean you are fat. I know a lot of women who would kill for your body." Dottie reassured her friend. "Think of this as a chance to be sexy before you are showing."

"I guess you're right. Pick me out some dresses."

After trying on at least a dozen dresses, Dottie finds one more dress for Amy.  It's the color of lilacs with one shoulder and a cut out on the side, showing her tan skin.  She tries it on and goes to show Dottie.

"Oh Amy. That's the dress and you are not saying no." Dottie smiles at her best friend.

"Are you sure?" Amy isn't sure at all. The dress is stunning, but her hormones are taking control of her brain. She realizes that this is Dottie's wedding, and she will wear whatever her friend wants. It is gorgeous. "Fine you talked me into it. I really do like it."

"So does Brian. Nick said he ran off after he showed him the picture." Dottie starts to giggle. "He thinks Brian went to the bathroom to take care of some business."

"Get your mind out of the gutter." Amy tries to be mad, but starts laughing.

"What's so funny?" Rochelle asks as her and Leigh walks into the store.

"Oh nothing." They said at the same time.

"Sorry, I had to bring James. The baby sitter has the day off."  Leigh apologized.

"Let me change and I'll take him." Amy dances her way to the dressing room. A few minutes later she comes out and takes James into her arms.

Dottie is busy showing Ro and Leigh the dress she picked out for them. They take their dresses and go try them on.

"Who's a cutie? Baby James." Amy sings while James giggles and claps his hands. "Who's a cutie?"

"D...D...D." James squeals. Amy and Dottie giggle at his cuteness.

Ro and Leigh come out wearing a lavender strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and flirty skirt.

"Pwetty." James crawls off of Amy and runs to his mommy.

"The boy has taste. He knows what looks good on a woman." Ro remarks.

"He's his daddy's son." Amy says and laughs.

"Well I think our work here is done. All the dresses are picked out." Dottie feels relieved that everything is going perfect for this wedding. She is excited to see what Nick has planned.

"Now it's time to plan the bachelorette party." Leigh says from the dressing room.

"Let's go see the Chippendales. Nothing like nearly naked men to make you horny for your husband to be." Amy snorted as she got the words out. All the other women started chuckling.

"So Amy did you find out yet?" Ro asked.

"Twins."

"Ooh, double trouble. Hope they aren't crazy goofs like Brian." Leigh teased.

"I would love a houseful of little Brian's. They couldn't be as bad as a bunch of Nicky's." She teased Dottie. She knew that they were trying to have a baby.

"I would love a houseful of Nick's. Well maybe one or two Nicks with a few Dottie's in the mix." She said thoughtfully as she leaned against the wall. She rubbed her stomach as she thought of having Nick's baby inside her.  She loved that her dreams were coming true.

 

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let us know!  :)