- Text Size +

 

Chapter 41

            On Monday morning, they sit down and talk about the wedding. Nick says, "So, you want to go get the marriage license?"

            She sort of smiles and says, "I do, but I don't want us to have to rush back within 30 days to get married. Once we have it, I'm not going to want to wait."

            He laughs and says, "Me either. I came up with an alternate solution."

            Seeing the twinkle in his eye, she says, "What are you thinking, Mr. C?"

            He says, "Well, D, you know that in 2 weeks we play Vegas again, right?"

            Her smile mirrors his and she says, "Really?"

            He nods and says, "Want to make it official in the City That Never Sleeps?"

            She throws her arms around his neck and says, "You know it. And Amy and the guys will be there. Oh Nick, what a great idea!"

            He kisses her then. The kind of kiss that leaves a person breathless. When their lips part, she whispers, "Let's start the honeymoon."

 

            That night, Nick decides he wants to take her out. Their first, official date as an engaged couple. OK, their first official date, period. When you live the life of a celebrity, you just don't get to go out and have a nice, romantic, quiet dinner. Nick wants to show her off. Most of this break, they spent alone, laughing, crying and loving each other like never before. Now it's time to introduce the world the future Mrs. Nick Carter.

            When they get to the restaurant, Nick is recognized immediately by both fans and paparazzi. He smiles and waves and quietly steers Dottie into the restaurant, ignoring most of the hype. Once they are seated, Dottie lets out the breath she was holding and picks up her water. Before taking a sip, she says "Now what?"

            He says, "What do you mean?"

            She says, "You can't keep ignoring the questions. What will you say about us?"

            He smiles and says, "That's easy. You're the woman I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. What else would I say?"

            Her answer shakes him to the core. In a matter-of-fact manner, she says, "Nick, I'm not exactly the person everyone will want for you. What happened can't be undone."

            It's only now that he realizes the depths of her insecurities. Reaching across the table, he takes her hand and says, "D, listen to me. I'm proud of you. I'm proud of the person you are and have always been. I love you and I'm not ashamed to tell the world I love you. Remember the song...you can let go Baby. I'll always be here and come hell or high water, I am going to be married to you. All that matters to me is that you know I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." When she doesn't say anything, he says, "Don't you want the world to know?"

            She smiles and instead of answering his questions, she says, "Nick, do you know how much you mean to me? All I'm saying is that if you need to wait, you can. I know with your career..."

            The waiter comes up asking if they are ready. Nick asks him for another minute and when he walks away, Nick says, "This isn't about my career. My career means nothing if you aren't with me D. I mean it. If I had to choose between you and my career, what do you think I'd choose?"

            The powerful emotion behind his statement shakes Dottie to the core. With her hands in his, she whispers, "Do you know how much I love you?"

            He smiles gently and says, "If it's half as much as I love you, we're going to be very happy for a very long time."

            After a sinfully delicious dinner and a decadent chocolate mousse for dessert, Nick leads her back outside. Once in the limo he had hired for the night, he says, "Want to go to a club?"

            She smiles and says, "Can we go see Amy and Brian instead?  She met Brian's parents today and I wanted to see how things went."

            He smiles and says, "Sure thing, Darling. We can do that." After giving the driver Brian's address, he says, "It will take about forty-five minutes to get there."

            Giving Nick a sultry smile before moving to straddle his lap, she says, "Forty-five?"

            With his hands on her thighs, he grins as her mouth covers his. For Nick, sex in a limo isn't really a new thing. More than once he was almost caught with his pants down getting out at a red-carpet event. But somehow, with Dottie, it's more than erotic. He slides his hands under her dress and pushes it up out of the way.

            She glances over her shoulder and once she's sure the partition is shut, she pulls her arms from her dress and pushes it down. Nick's lips latch onto her nipple as she threads her hands through his hair. Holding him close, she squirms against him, her body aching for him.

            Forgetting where they are, Nick manages to open his pants and push them down with Dottie still on his lap. Pushing her panties aside, he slips inside her with ease. When he feels her up, she moans and says, "Oh Nick!"

            Her words enflame him. The sound of his name on her lips is like an aphrodisiac. He moves within her, bringing them both to their orgasms fairly quickly.

            As they lay together, gasping for air, Nick looks out the window. He mutters, "Fuck, we're at Brian's."

            They hurriedly cover themselves. Nick barely gets his pants in order when the limo driver opens the door. He looks out and says, "Give us a minute." The door shuts and he turns to Dottie. The grin on her face says it all. He smiles and says, "Naughty girl, you planned that."

            She laughs and says, "No, but I wasn't passing up the chance." Wrapping her arms around his neck, she says, "I love you Nick."

            He kisses her, whispering against her lips, "I love you too."

 

When Brian opens his front door, Dottie knows he knows they had just had sex. Her face is flame red and she excuses herself. After freshening up in the bathroom, she opens the door to find Amy waiting for her. One look says it all. The friends fall into each other's arms laughing and Amy says, "I want to see your ring!"

While the girls ooh and ahh over her ring, Amy tells Dottie what a fun time she had with Brian's parents. In the middle of it all, she says, "D, am I showing?"

Dottie looks down and says, "A, you have a little bump but by no means do you look pregnant. Why?"

Amy says, "Jackie said she noticed my baby bump."

Dottie laughs and says, "And you're freaking out? Come on A. I've never seen anyone as happy as Brian is with you. Go with it. Enjoy it. Revel in the fact that inside you is a teeny tiny person that is part you and part Brian."

Her words set off a torrent of tears in them both.  Amy says, "He's everything to me D."

Dottie smiles and says, "I know what you mean, my friend." Her eyes find Nick's and she whispers, "I know what you mean."

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let us know! :)