- Text Size +

Shawn stared out of the window at the falling rain. A few more days. That's what the young boy kept whispering to himself. There were only a few more days until his dad came home. A few more days until he could show his dad that now he was just like a big kid. He couldn't wait.

          For being only seven Shawn felt like he could do a lot of things. He could feed their dogs and give them water. Without spilling anything too. Also he could help his mom clean the dishes and fold the clothes. He could set the table by himself and not drop a thing. To him the best part was that he had learned how to do it all when his dad was gone.

"Shawn."               

          He turned around and saw his mom standing in the doorway.

"It's time for bed honey."

"Okay mom."

          He got up and walked across his room to his dresser. After pulling out his pajamas and putting them on he walked back to his bed. He got on the foot of the bed and crawled under his blankets up to the pillows. Shawn picked up the light brown teddy bear from his dad and hugged it tight.

          Lauren smiled as she watched her son get in his bed. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and took it out. Her smile got bigger when she saw who it was. She walked over to her son and handed him the phone.

"Shawn it's your daddy."

          He smiled and took the phone.

"Hi daddy!" He sang as he answered it.

"Hey Shawn. Are you being good for mommy?"

"Yes and Mr. Teddy is too."

          He smiled when he heard his dad chuckle on the other end.

"Very good Mr. Teddy. Now Shawn mommy said you had a special song for me. Can I hear it?"

"Got to say please."
"Can I hear it please?"

"Sure daddy. It goes like this:

5 little Backstreets jumping on the bed

Kevin fell off and hit his head

Jenny called the doctor and the doctor said

No more Backstreets jumping on the bed

 

4 little Backstreets jumping on the bed

Howie fell off and hit his head

Jenny called the doctor and the doctor said

No more Backstreets jumping on the bed

 

3 little Backstreets jumping on the bed

Brian fell off and hit his head

Jenny called the doctor and the doctor said

No more Backstreets jumping on the bed

 

2 little Backstreets jumping on the bed

AJ fell off and hit his head

Jenny called the doctor and the doctor said

No more Backstreets jumping on the bed

 

1little Backstreets jumping on the bed

Nick fell off and hit his head

Jenny called the doctor and the doctor said

No more Backstreets jumping on the bed

 

5 little Backstreets laying in the bed

All with pain in their head

Did you like it?"

"Yes Shawn. I loved it."

"Yay! Night-night daddy!"

"Goodnight buddy. I'll see you soon."

          Shawn smiled and handed the phone to his mom. She hugged him and kissed him goodnight before turning off the light and leaving the room.

 

***

"Nick he really misses you."

"I know. I miss him too."

          After Shawn was in his bed Lauren had went to her room to talk to her husband.

"Guess who I also miss." Nick whispered.

"Your dogs?" She joked.

"No. You. I miss pushing you against the wall and kissing you. I also miss staying up all night and fucking you all over the house."
"I know baby. I miss you too. I can't wait for you to get back."
"Am I getting anything special?"

"Maybe... or I could keep you busy in our bed after Shawn's asleep."

"Let's do that. It sounds fun."

          She giggled as she threw the blankets back on the bed. After dimming the lights she got on the bed.

"I love you Nicky." She said after she yawned.

"I love you too." He said before hanging up.

          After she hung up she turned on the TV. She turned on Twilight and relaxed. The only way she would get through tonight was with this movie.

 

***

          Nick stared out at the airport that was slowly getting closer. He could hardly keep his eyes open. It was because he barely got any sleep the night before. Also he had woken up early to tell his son goodnight. But that was worth it. He loved making Shawn happy and the song Shawn had sung for him was great.

          He did hate being this far from his son and wife. They were in Tennessee and he was in China. The time differences alone were murder. Then there was the distance and the fact he couldn't see them every day.

          Now it was almost over. He was on his way to New York for one last interview and then he would be home. For two and a half months he would be home. He couldn't wait.

          He turned around in his seat when he felt something touch his shoulder.

"You okay?"

"Yeah Bri, just can't wait to be home."
"Just checking. You're being quiet. I wanted to make sure you weren't planning something."
          Nick smiled and turned back around. He pulled out his phone and looked at the picture of Lauren and Shawn. It was from the day Shawn was born. Now one of the best days of his life. When they pulled up to the airport he sighed and put his phone back in his pocket.

          Nick got out of the car and went to get his suitcases. He walked over to where Brian was standing and saw all the fans waiting for them. He turned to Brian with a smile on his face.

"Ready to say goodbye?"

"Yep, let's do it."
          Together they walked through. Both of them stopping to sign autographs or take pictures. Nick looked behind him and saw AJ and Howie doing the same. Even though touring was hard and took a lot out of him this made it all worth it. The fans meant everything.