- Text Size +

Chapter 2

This morning I woke up refreshed and ready to start the day. I was looking forward to our interview. Well, actually I was looking forward to Nicky’s response about fan fiction. He was so dead set against it. I don’t know why the Blond Wonder was freaking out about something so trivial. It was just fan fiction.

I was meeting the other guys at the hotel restaurant for breakfast. For the first time I was early. I had beaten everyone. I totally think I deserved a prize or something. While I waited for the slackers to arrive, I turned on my iPad. I checked my email and opened the link the fan fic website we were sent. I was in the middle of a story and I wanted to finish it.

“What are you looking at?” Howie asked as he sat down.  I was so into the story that I didn’t realize he was talking to me. He took the tablet out of my hand and started reading my screen. “This is one of my favorite stories.”

“I know.” I commented as I grabbed it back from Howie.

“Leigh was reading this really hot one about a Christmas party. It made her so horny that we made love all night long.”

“You go Howie. You’re such a dog. Knowing you, I bet you role-played….”

“What kinky shit were you roleplaying?” Nick asked as he took a seat.

“You know sex scenes from those wonderful fantasy fictions he and Leigh reads.” I cackled.

“Are you for real? That’s fucking sick, man.” Nick yelled a little too loud. Some old lady gave us the school teacher look.

Howie blushed. “Well Leigh loves to role play and some of those sex scenes are so hot. You really should try it.”

“I think I’ll pass. I’m perfectly fine with my sex life.” Nick grumbled as he took a menu and pretended to read it.

“It can always be better.” I teased him.

“Just drop it.” He glared at me.

Poor Nicky, I guess he was still upset about the whole fan fiction situation. I found it funny that he was all pissy about the stories are fans wrote. I personally enjoyed it and would definitely be reading more. I mean what a better way to spend my time on tour when I was missing my Monkee.

Brian walked into the restaurant looking exhausted. He flopped down next to Carter. The waitress came over and took our order.

“Stay up too late?” I played with the sugar packets. You know I couldn’t be still for more than three point five seconds.

“Yeah and it’s all his fault.” Brian pointed to our favorite blond.

“What did I do know?” He sighed. Nick always got the blame for things. Hell even the fans blamed for everything in their own lives.

“I was up late last night looking for a story about Nick that he would like. Then I found one that hooked me from the first paragraph, and I couldn’t stop reading. I read an entire hundred chapter story in like four hours.”

The waitress brought our coffee and Brian downed his in one gulp. He grabbed the coffee pot and poured himself another one.

“Sorry for being such a shithead. I just can’t do it.” Nick mumbled.

“So what are you going to tell the fans?” I asked curiously.

Nick was in deep thought. Really like how hard could it be? I mean it was freaking fan fiction. It was like they were asking him about politics. That would be a mistake. Did Nick even know anything about politics? I wasn’t sure and I really didn’t care.

“I want to be honest, but I’ll sound like the world’s biggest jackass. I don’t want to hurt the fans feelings, but I don’t think I can lie about this.”

“Stuffed animals. Think about the stuffed animals.” Howie said trying to get Nick to focus.

“Ugh. I hate you all.” He leaned back in his seat and pouted. God, Nick could be the biggest baby of all time.

We ate breakfast in silence. I guess we were all wrapped up in our own thoughts. I was just ready to get in the van and finish my story. Howie was all smiles, so I know what he was thinking about. Brian was on his third, or possibly his fifth cup. I couldn’t keep track of his coffee consumption.

I finished my meal. “I’ll see you at the van. Don’t be late.”

About ten minutes later, the rest of the guys joined me in the van. I had only one chapter to go.  Nick plopped down next to me.

“I can’t believe you are still reading this crap…I mean stuff.”

“It’s not stuff. Think about your adoring fans for one minute. We love writing music. They love to write. Our fans are using us as a creative outlet.”

Nick thought for a moment. “Yeah, they’re real creative. I’m a womanizer. I’m dying from accidents or fatal diseases. That’s so creative. They love me so much that they write about my dick with its own special name. I mean Thor of all names.” Nick moaned and groaned. To tell you the truth it was getting old. He was making me crave a cigarette.

“If they only knew what you called your little friend.” I punched him in the arm.

“You wish it was little.” Nick paused for a moment. “Maybe Thor is a good name for well you know.”

“Nicky getting shy all of a sudden.” I teased, and he responded by flicking me off. “Anyways, I’ll let you in on a little secret.”

“I don’t want to know about your sex life with Ro. I hear enough when you room next to me. Damn she can scream.” Nick said dryly.

“Well this is about sex. As much as our fans think I’m the kinky one. You know because I have all these tattoos and wear black, whatever. I’m a pretty traditional guy when it comes to sex. I’m all about making sure my woman is happy.”

“Shut up, J. I told you I don’t want to hear about your sex life.” Nick protested by holding his ears.

I grabbed his hands, removing them from his ears. “Just listen to me for one fucking minute. Sure, Ro loves the way I love her. But, I didn’t want things to get old in the bedroom. So after reading these stories written by the fans for the last few years, I got some great sex ideas. These women are better than Cosmo magazine. So it’s not all bad. They’ve helped keep my sex life interesting.”

“And Howie’s, too.” Nick gave me a half smile.

I gave him my iPad. “Look the interview isn’t for another couple of hours. Look at a few of my favorite stories. I think you just might change your mind.”