- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is part of the Bad Girls Club stories. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

“Sophie, how was work?” My best friend Kendra asked as I slid into the booth. It was our weekly girl’s night out. We had been best friends since high school.

“Same old same old. Getting tired of nothing changing.” I commented as I looked at the drink menu.

“Maybe you need to find a new job.” Kendra sipped her wine.

“Yeah, well no one I know is looking for a personal assistant.” I said as the waiter came to take our order. “I’d like a Heineken, the steak salad and a double order of onion rings.”

“I still don’t get how you can eat all that and be so skinny. “ Kendra laughed; then she got serious. “You know Nick is looking for an assistant for the next tour.”

“Hell no!” I said loudly. The people next to us stared at me. I lowered my voice. “You’re crazy to think I would work for that prick.”

“What do you have against him? We aren’t in elementary school anymore.”

“I just don’t like him. He’s always been a cocky ass. From the first day I met him, he rubbed me the wrong way.”

“Who’s rubbing on you, Sophia?” Nick stopped in front of our booth.

“Wouldn’t you like to know.” I shot daggers at him. What was he doing here? Nick always seemed to around.

“I pity the guy that sleeps with you.” He sat down next to Kendra. Great, he was going to impose on girl’s night.

“And I pity all the women you’ve given STDS.” I countered back. There was no way I was going to let Nick Carter get one over me. “At least I know how to have a monogamous relationship.”

“When was that? I haven’t seen you with a man in over two years. You must not be very good in bed.” Nick sat back and laughed.

“Not like you’ll ever find out. I don’t sleep with womanizers. I have values and morals.” I said rudely.

“Would both of you stop. I’m trying to enjoy my dinner and you two are acting like five year olds.” Kendra had enough of us. This was normal when Nick and I were in the same room.

“Sorry, Kendra. I just wanted to say hello. I better get going. It was nice seeing you Sophia.” Nick smiled his cocky smirk and walked away.

“Damn it, Soph. What the hell is between to the two of you?”

I refused to say anything. Kendra wouldn’t understand. Nick and I had a history. Kendra and I had met our sophomore year in high school. By that time Nick was in Backstreet Boys and was never around. She was engaged to his best friend.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I looked at my salad. I wasn’t hungry anymore. It was pathetic that I let something in middle school affect me as an adult.

“It can’t be that bad.”  Kendra commented.

I sipped my beer, contemplating whether I should tell Kendra.  Finally, I relented. “A bunch of us were playing spin the bottle.”

“Wait, like when you were thirteen?” Kendra interrupted.

“Yes, we were like in seventh grade.  So, Nick spun and got me. When he moved in to kiss me, he got close and then stopped. He refused to kiss me. The worse was when he told everyone that he would never kiss a girl like me.”

“What a jerk! I don’t blame you for being upset, but that was years ago. You need to move on.”

“It’s kind of hard when you become the biggest joke at school. Kendra, you’re my best friend, and you always got any guy you wanted. I didn’t have my first kiss until junior prom.” It was hard to explain to the woman who could get any guy she wanted.

“Why do you care so much about what Nick said about you years ago? You’ve had your fair share of relationships. I think you like that fact that he’s still giving you attention after all these years.” Kendra drank the rest of her wine.

“Hardly, I wish he would leave me alone.” I decided to change the subject. I had enough of Nick Carter for one night. “So, do you need me to make anything for the party?”

“Kyle wants you to make your famous buffalo chicken dip.”

“I’ll be over early on Friday. If you need anything else call me.” I slid out of the booth. “I’m off to the store. Thanks for dinner.”

 

I was exhausted, but I still had to get some groceries. I made my way into the store. Luckily it was nearly empty. I wanted to get in and out in a hurry. My bed was calling my name.

I turned down the aisle. I was picking out a box of cereal, when my buggy was pushed into me. I turned to look to see what asshole would knock a shopping cart into someone. I should have known what kind of person would do that.

“An apology would be nice.” I remarked getting Nick’s attention.

“For what?” He placed a box of bran flakes in his buggy.

“You know for what. Can’t you just watch what you’re doing? I’m going to have a nice bruise thanks to you.” I spat at him. God, he was annoying.

“I didn’t realize I bumped you.” The look in his eye was unreadable. It unnerved me, which I didn’t like. I needed to be in control.

“Well, you did. Now would you please move out of the way?  I need to finish my shopping and get home. It’s been a long day.”

“Oh, poor, poor Sophie. You had a hard day at work.” He looked at the food in my buggy. “Maybe if you ate healthier you wouldn’t be so tired or bitchy.”

“My food choices are none of your business.” I started down the aisle. Nick turned around and pursued me. “Why are you following me?”

He stopped his cart and moved behind me. His hard chest was against my back. He placed his hands on my hip. “Maybe if you weren’t so uptight, you would be getting lucky. Sex would help you relax.”

“Get away from me, you jerk.” I hissed at him. Nick didn’t let me go. I was getting agitated with him. Why couldn’t he leave me alone?

“Maybe you should go home and get your vibrator out. Pleasuring yourself with help you unwind. Your body is so tight.” His hands moved up and down my body. “You’re smokin’ hot, Soph. Any guy would love to find out what makes you scream. You are a screamer aren’t you?”

His voice was deep and rough. The feel of his body on mine was playing with my mind. I hated that my body was betraying me at the moment. There was no way I was going to let Nick know he was turning me on.

“You can ignore me. I got a date. See you on Friday. Enjoy that vibrator.” He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked away with that trademark smirk on his face.

It sucked that I let him get me all hot and bothered. Damn him. I hated Nickolas Carter.