- Text Size +

 

Chapter 4

            I get an email from Rochelle 9 days before the wedding. I look at my dress hanging on the back of my closet door as I click open the email. What I read shocks me beyond belief.

Dear Celeste, By now I guess AJ told you the wedding is off. I couldn't marry him. Not knowing how he feels about you. I want you and him to know I'm not mad. Not by any means. I love him but seeing the love he has for you makes me realize he and I could never be happy. He's mad at me right now. He's furious. He won't admit he loves you, but he does. He's coming to you. Take care of him. Love him like only you can. Ro

To say I'm shocked would be an understatement of massive proportions. I grab my phone and call AJ. He answers on the second ring and says, "Hey Baby, what's up?"

I can tell he's drunk. I say, "Where are you AJ?"

He says, "I just got into town...I'm at my hotel. I'm going to rent a car and come over."

I say, "Take a taxi, AJ. Please."

He swears and says, "Fine. But you better be naked when I get there."

 

I wait out front and when the taxi pulls up, I pay the driver, helping AJ stumble from the car. He's carrying two six packs of Mike's Hard Lemonade and he practically falls on me. He says, "Hey Baby, I'm here to get some. Look I even remembered you like wine coolers."

I hold him up as we stagger in to my apartment and I say, "You've had enough AJ. I think you need to sleep it off."

I put the drinks away and come back to find him naked, strutting around my living room with a hard on. I say, "AJ, what are you doing?"

He chuckles and says, "I'm dancing. Now that you're here, you can dance with me. Take off your clothes. Come on Baby."

I take his hand and pull him to my bedroom. When he sits on the bed, I say, "Go to sleep, AJ. We'll talk when you sober up."

He sighs and says, "Ro called it off. She doesn't want to marry me. Says I don't love her enough and she won't play second fiddle anymore."

I capture his hand and say, "I'm sorry AJ."

He says, "I'm not." Catching me off guard, he pulls me down onto his chest and his lips capture mine. Even drunk off his feet, the man can kiss. He rolls me over, pinning me on the bed before ripping his lips from mine. He whispers, "I missed you Celeste. Missed touching you and kissing you."

My mind screams no as my body caves. I let him rip off my clothes. His lips tease my nipples as his fingers probe between my thighs. He crawls up over me and thrusts inside me fast. When I whimper, he slows down slightly and says, "I'm sorry Babe. I love you."

Love. He said love. I can't believe it. He makes love to me over and over, using every part of his body to make me feel good. When we finally collapse in exhaustion, I manage to say, "I love you too."

 

When I wake up the next morning, AJ is sitting in the floor with the waste basket by his side. I rub the back of his head and say, "You ok?"

He groans and says, "I'm so stupid."

I say, "Come on, I'll make you some coffee."

Before I can move, he says, "Did I hurt you?"

I say, "No, AJ. You didn't. You don't remember?"

He says, "All I remember is having the best sex of my life then waking up with a hangover."

I move away from him and pull on a robe. As I'm making coffee, I think about what he said. Before I can carry the cups into the bedroom, he staggers into the kitchen and says, "I'm sorry. I'm just so pissed at Ro. She left me. She says I don't love her but I do."

Hearing him say it breaks my heart. I say, "What about last night, AJ?"

He says, "What? You're mad I got drunk? Come on, you know that hasn't happened in forever."

I say, "No, what about what you said to me?"

He looks genuinely confused and says, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Realizing he truly doesn't, I drop my gaze from his and say, "Never mind. It wasn't important. Feel free to hang out here today. I have to go to work."

I go jump in the shower, letting my tears fall freely under the steaming water. I'm shocked when he steps in behind me and says, "What did I say?"

I shake my head and say, "It's not important, AJ. What are you doing today?"

He sighs and hugs me against his wet body. I can't help it, I get turned on. He says, "I wanna do you again so I can remember every detail. I know last night was amazing, but it's a blur."

Against my will, I turn to face him. He kisses me deeply as he lifts my leg and positions himself at my opening. When he slides in slowly, he whispers, "Incredible."

He lowers his head to my neck and nibbles as his body rocks up into mine. I grab the back of his neck and whimper as he moves a little faster. I scream as I climax and he says, "I want one more. Give it to me."

I lead him from the shower and slide up on the vanity. He steps between my legs and ploughs into me roughly. Grabbing my hips, he says, "You're so tight."

I bite his shoulder as he brings me closer and closer. He leans back pulls my face to his for an electrifying kiss as we both hit our pinnacles at the same time.

When we catch our breath, he says, "I missed you Celeste. I'm sorry I was drunk last night."

I hug him and say, "I'm sorry about the wedding. What are you going to do?"

He sighs and says, "I don't know. Try to get her back."

I push away from him and stalk into the bedroom. He follows me and I say, "AJ, you are my best friend and I love you but I think if you want Ro back, you have to stay away from me. It's not fair to her if we keep doing what we're doing."

He grimaces and says, "But Celeste..."

I shake my head and say, "Please. I want you to be happy and Ro will make you happy. If we can't...we can't. I'll always be your friend though."

He puts on his clothes and leaves, but not before saying, "I never meant to hurt you."

Finding the courage from deep within, I say, "You didn't. I just want you to be happy. Go talk to Ro. Tell her how you feel. Make it work if you can."

When he leaves, I fall apart. After a good cry, I go to my computer and send an email of my own.

Dear Ro, AJ's coming back to you. He doesn't love me, he loves you. He's always been my best friend, but he wants to be with you. I accept that. If you love him, give him a chance. Celeste

            I shut down my computer and in that instant, I feel it. My heart is completely shattered. I've lost the only man I ever loved. Lost the best part of my life. How do I go on?

 

Chapter End Notes:

PLEASE let me know! :)