- Text Size +

Chapter 21

“I won’t kick him out of bed for eating chips, is all I’m sayin’” Rochelle said loudly, eyeing Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, who was standing in the booth next to them in the cordoned-off VIP area. “Also, this caviar-infused Yager bomb is the SHIT.”

Tasha laughed at her friend’s obvious semi-drunken state. She was adorable and in the hour and a half they’ve been in the club, Rochelle, Leighanne, Kristen and JC had been downing shots like it was going out of style. Leigh sat back and took photos, presumably to use as blackmail material later on in the night.

“But he’s so...BIG.” Kristen’s eyes bugged out at the last word. “How...what...I mean, I wouldn’t know what to do with him.”

Leighanne’s eyes narrowed and she gave the rest of the girls an evil smile. “I would. Did I tell you I used to be a gymnast?”

Rochelle blinked. “What’s that got to do with all the blow jobs in China?”

Tasha caught Leigh’s eye and both of them promptly burst out laughing.

JC grinned as he handed Rochelle another shooter. This time it was his favourite shot of whisky. “Ro, I think you mean ‘all the tea in China’.”

“Pssh.” Rochelle waved her hand dismissively. “Blow jobs are more fun.”

Turning, Tasha saw Damon, who was standing next to her, shake his head. “I don’t get paid enough for this shit.”

She leaned against the older man and wrapped one arm around his waist. “You love us, don’t lie.”

He sighed and didn’t bother looking down at her. “You and Leigh I like. It’s those four that make me worry about the future of mankind.”

“Come on, have a drink, on me. You need to relax.”

“I’m on duty, beautiful. Can’t be compromised.”

“Come on, D. I told you I’m designated driver. Drink, for crying out loud. You need a night off.”

“No, darlin’, appreciate it, but it’s your night. Nick already told me to take care of the bar tab.” He cocked his head to the half-full glass of red wine she’d been nursing for the last while. “You want a cocktail? A beer? I’ll get the girl with the hot pants to get your order.” He frowned at her. “And you’re losing weight. I’ll get you some food.”

Holy---that was the most she’d ever heard Damon speak all at once. She touched his arm and gave him a smile. “No, D, I’m okay, but thank you. You’re a sweetheart.”

Behind his dark glasses, Tasha felt him regarding her with concern.

“The boy treating you good?” he asked quietly after a few seconds.

“Are you talking about Nick?” she answered, looking up at him.

He nodded.

She smiled at him. “Yeah. He’s a bit overprotective with the bodyguard detail--no offense, D--but that’s a sign of a good manager, right?”

He took off his glasses and looked her straight in the eye. “No, baby girl. I’m asking you: is that boy treating you good?

Tasha realized belatedly that Damon was asking a loaded question, not to mention the fact that he just admitted to knowing what Tasha and Nick had been trying to hide for the last few days.

Tasha’s smile went away. “How did you find out?”

He shrugged. “Saw him walking out of your room a few mornings ago.”

She didn’t know what to say to that. They’ve been so careful. But she guessed Damon was so entrenched in all that went on in the beach house, he saw pretty much everything.

She bit the inside of her lip and contemplated what to tell him.

Damon spoke up again, this time gentler. “I appreciate you being patient with him, Tasha.”

She gave him a half smile. “Not difficult since I love him.”

He nodded. “I can see that. He doesn’t deserve you, you know. Coz he’s a punk.”

That made her smile wider. “I know.”

“Good. But he needs you, so...”

“I’m not going to leave him, D. I promise.”

She saw him release a breath. “Good.” He pulled her to him and dropped a kiss atop her head. “Thank you, baby girl.”

“Tasha!” Rochelle’s voice made her break away from Damon. “Holy shit, girl, this is my jam! Let’s dance!”

Suddenly, their whole table was on their feet and heading to the dance floor. Rochelle’s hand gripped Tasha’s and pulled her to the dance floor beyond the velvet rope. In the corner of her eye, she saw Damon giving JC the signal to make sure to watch out for her. He nodded and pulled a reluctant Leigh with him.

It was a sight to see: five beautiful women tearing up the packed dance floor, and JC alternating partners between all of them. Tasha was having the time of her life.

At some point while they were grooving to Nicki Minaj, a few guys around them recognized her and started pulling her to their direction. As much as Tasha shook her head and pulled away, JC still had to fend them off.

They were persistent and soon she saw Damon pushing people away as he made his way to her, trying to quickly extract her from a potential JC brawl.

“You idiots. The woman doesn’t want to dance with you, get it through your fucking skulls.” JC growled as he pushed another drunken man out of the way.

Leigh stayed close and slapped the guys away alongside JC.

Tasha pulled on the other girls and tried to lead them out of the dance floor before it got too heated. It was awkward as most of them were already drunk and struggling to stay upright, but for their own safety, they needed to make it out.

Just as she neared the edge of the dance floor, a hand grabbed her arm and pulled.

She looked up and tried to shake it off but stopped when she realized who it was.

Belinda.

She looked exactly the same as she did the last time Tasha saw her: beautiful blonde hair curled around her face, her tawny complexion making her look younger than ever, and flashing blue eyes that were full of anger.

“We need to talk, Natasha,” she said between ground teeth. “Now.”

She let go of Rochelle’s arm and put a hand over Belinda’s. “Where have you been? We’ve been looking for you...”

Belinda became wild eyed when she saw Damon coming closer. “Come with me.”

“Bee, just...wait. We’ll go. I need to tell...” Tasha turned and nodded to the barreling Damon. “I need to tell Damon--”

The next thing Tasha knew, Belinda let go and made her way off the dance floor. “Bee, wait!”

Not thinking, Tasha rushed after her, not wanting to lose her, needing to talk to her before she disappeared. “Belinda!”

Tasha ran through the door leading out of the club to catch her. She saw Belinda getting on a motorcycle, seemingly not hearing her calling after her.

“Bee! Stop!” Tasha shouted at the motorcycle already taking off.

Desperate, she turned and saw the black Explorer their whole group rode in a few feet away. The valet, ever attentive, was already walking over with the keys.

“Miss Callaghan, let me start your car up for you...”

She grabbed the keys from him, hopped in the Explorer and pealed out of the club’s driveway, dead set on following Belinda.

“Holy shit, holy shit, what am I doing,” she murmured to herself as she caught up to Belinda going up the exit to PCH.

Tasha needed answers and if chasing Belinda down the Pacific Coast Highway was going to get her some, then so be it.

A loud ringing came on over the car’s speaker system.

Damon calling blinked on the radio screen.

Shit. Pressing ‘Answer’, Tasha kept a careful eye on Belinda and flicked her headlights to let her know she needed to stop.

“WHAT IN HELL GOT IN YOUR FOOL HEAD?! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?”

“Stop screaming, D, I’m on PCH going west. I’m chasing Belinda, she’s on a motorbike and---”

“Stop the car right now before I call Nick and he kicks your ass himself. Now, Tasha.”

His voice had the scary iciness to it but it didn’t mean Tasha had to stop her pursuit. She couldn’t lose Belinda now. Not when she was so close.

“Call Nick. Tell him Belinda is en route to Malibu. No, wait, call the police, have them tail her. I can’t lose her, D, I need to talk to her. Look, I just crossed to Malibu now. Passed the sign saying ‘Leaving Santa Monica.’ You know where I am.”

“Crap, Tasha, STOP THE FUCKING CAR BEFORE YOU KILL YOURSELF.”

Tasha saw Belinda swerve and do a quick U-Turn. “Shit. Hang on, D. She just did a u-turn.”

“Fuck.” She heard Damon breathe heavily as the tires squealed from her effort to turn the car around quickly.

“I’m still here, Damon. I almost have her, I swear. She’ll stop soon. She’ll have to.”

“Let her go, Tasha. The police will find her. STOP THE FUCKING CAR.”

At that point, Tasha had no choice but to stop the car because Belinda had braked hard. She jumped off the bike and ran into a nearby parking lot.

Tasha pulled the hand brakes and jumped out of the car herself, planning to chase her down. Shaking off her heels, she started off to the dark parking lot next to a patch of beach where she saw Belinda disappear into the shadows.

Tasha ran and ran, then realized she had lost Belinda completely. Moments later, behind her, she heard the sound of steel crumpling against steel.

Oh crap. The car.

***********

Nick downed the last of his scotch and moved his pile of chips to the middle of the table. “All in, boys.”

Kevin, AJ, Brian and Howie groaned collectively. Nick was on a winning streak and officially if they went all in, it only took five chips from each of them because Nick had won each game since the girls had left.

In the pot for this game were AJ’s season courtside seats to all the Laker home games.

AJ threw his cards on the table. “I’m out, you ass. You better take me to the games, Carter.”

Brian, Howie and Kevin threw their cards on the table on top of AJ’s. Nick grinned.

Brian grumbled, “Cocky bastard.”

His phone vibrated in his pocket and he was laughing as he picked it up. “Sore losers, all of you.” Turning his attention to the phone in his ear. “Carter.”

“Mr. Carter, this is Jason from OnStar. We just received a signal that your Ford Explorer’s airbags deployed. Are you or your family in the car now?”

A chill went up Nick’s spine as he stood. “I’m not. What do you mean the airbags deployed? Was there an accident?” His panic grew exponentially in seconds. Turning to Howie next to him, he said, “Call Damon NOW.”

At this point all five guys stood up. All their wives were in that car with Damon, not to mention JC and Tasha who were Nick’s only family right now.

“It appears so, sir. We’ve called 911 and they are on their way.”

“Where are they? Where’s the car?” Nick was already running up the stairs, with the boys close behind him

“On the Pacific Coast Highway, near the Santa Monica border. I’ll send you a text message with the coordinates.”

Nick shoved the phone to his back pocket as he reached the front door.

“Nick, I have Damon.” Howie shoved his phone into Nick’s hand.

Putting the call on speaker, Nick yelled, “D, are you okay? What happened? I got a call from OnStar saying the airbags were deployed on the Explorer.”

Damon did not hold back on the cursing. “It was just Tasha in the Explorer. She took off on a wild chase after Belinda when she saw her in the club. We’re all going after her in a cab now.”

Nick felt his face lose all color. “It was...”

Kevin took the phone from Nick’s hand and took control over the whole situation. “Damon, Nick and I will meet you at the accident site. Howie, follow us in your van.  AJ, Brian, you stay here with the kids. We’ll call you when we have more information.”

Nick felt all the blood rush to his head as the heavy feeling of dread settled in the pit of his stomach.

No. This can’t be happening to him again.

************

Tasha felt Nick arrive before she even saw him.

Wrapped in JC’s jacket, Tasha leaned against his chest as Leigh continued ranting next to her.

“...I can’t even imagine where you think you were going with this chase...this isn’t fuckin’ Magnum P.I. and you’re not fuckin’ Kojak!”

JC tried not to laugh at Leigh’s statement. “Babe, I think you’ve got the TV shows mixed up.”

“I don’t give a shit! When I give birth to this baby and it has freakin’ Tourette’s, I’m going to blame you two fuckers for making my cuss up a storm tonight. Fuck.”

“I’m sorry, Leigh,” Tasha said quietly. “You know I’m sorry.”

It had been close to half an hour since Belinda disappeared and since Tasha saw Nick’s Explorer get sideswiped by a produce truck on the highway. It was Tasha’s fault, she knew that. She shouldn’t have stopped in the middle of the highway arbitrarily. Although the car was only struck on the side, the force of the impact made it crash into Belinda’s bike and therefore deploy the airbags. It was ten minutes later when Damon and the rest of the group spilled out of a barely stopped cab when they saw her sitting next to the bike, clutching her flattened heels.

Damon ran up to her, his body shaking in anger. Doing a visual examination of her body, making sure there was no blood on her, he looked at the car and the bike next to them and crossed his hands over his chest. “Tell me what happened. Slowly.”

And Tasha talked. In between hugs from the girls and JC draping his jacket over her shoulders and keeping her close to his chest, she told Damon about how she saw Belinda in the club and went after her to losing her in the parking lot then hearing the produce truck sideswipe the Explorer.

Damon then nodded and walked away with his phone in his ear. JC pulled her away from the scene of the wreckage and away from the road while the police and ambulance came less than a minute later.

JC dropped a kiss on her forehead and said, “Tash, he’s here.”

He didn’t even have to say who ‘he’ was. Tasha knew Nick had arrived by the way the energy around her changed. JC straightened, Leigh looked relieved and the other girls (still drunk, by the way) started cheering loudly.

Tasha straightened and turned to Nick. He was still across the parking lot, near the police cars and the departing ambulance, being briefed by Damon. Kevin and Howie stood on either side of him, not so much listening but supporting Nick.

Nick’s eyes however, were directly on her.

She couldn’t read him, at least from this distance. She could, however, see how tense his shoulders were, how he stuffed his hands in his pockets to keep himself from punching the nearest wall.

He was nodding at Damon and said a few things that she couldn’t hear.

Then he started walking to her. Damon and Howie started walking with him but Kevin stopped both of them.

As soon as he was within hearing distance, Tasha pushed off JC and started talking. “I wasn’t in the car when the truck hit, I swear. I was right here. But I lost Belinda. I’m hoping she’ll turn up and--”

“Shut up.”

His eyes were a deep dark blue and when he reached Tasha, he pulled the back of her head to him and took her mouth in a punishing kiss. She tried to pull away but his fingers dug into her waist and her scalp.

Behind her, she heard Leigh gasp and the girls cheer louder. JC cursed.

She pushed him away roughly. “What the...”

Nick’s eyes were spitting fire. “If you ever EVER pull a stunt like that again, I am putting you in a fucking locked room and you are never coming out, DO YOU HEAR ME?”

“It’s just a car, Nick. It’s not...”

“IT’S NOT ABOUT THE FUCKING CAR. You could’ve killed yourself! What the hell were you thinking?” he shouted, clutching her arm.

Tasha shook him away and stepped back, not wanting to take the bait and shout back. “You need to calm down. Belinda is here! And we need to find--”

“I don’t care about Belinda---”

“You should! She’ll have answers we’re looking for and--”

“I don’t care! Christ, Tasha.”

“Listen, Nick, you have to understand...”

 “No, you need to listen to ME.” Nick growled close to her face as he pulled her by the waist and held on. “Look at me, Tasha. Look at me, dammit.”

Tasha stopped struggling and looked up at him. And what she saw almost brought her to her knees.

“Tasha, you need to understand,” he said in a voice so low she almost didn’t hear. “I can’t lose you too.”

Her eyes filled with tears as soon as she understood the import of his words. In the back of her mind she knew Faith died in a car crash and here she was, stupidly trying to play with fate and went willingly on a chase across a busy highway.

“I’m sorry.” She cupped her hands on his face and kissed him. “I’m sorry, I didn’t think.”

He pulled her to him and held her there for a few minutes. Tasha rested her head against his chest, her hand feeling his frantically pounding heart. He was sincerely terrified and she didn’t know how to make him feel better.

Around them, everyone shuffled away, giving the couple much needed privacy.

His pulse calmed down somewhat but he still felt tense, and he didn’t loosen his hold on her one bit. In the background, she could hear Damon talking to the tow truck driver and Leighanne talking to Brian on the phone.

“I need you to promise, Tash.”

She looked up at him as soon as he spoke and saw the exhaustion in his eyes.

“Promise you won’t willingly put your life in danger like that.” He entwined his fingers with hers. “I can’t go through tonight again.”

She nodded solemnly and squeezed his hand. “I promise, Nick.”

He released a ragged breath and ran a hand through his hair. At that, his shoulders loosened and whatever was left of his anger slowly dissipated. He then wrapped both arms around her in an embrace that was meant to comfort her as well as him.

“Where did you lose her?” he asked quietly against her hair minutes later.

“She ran onto the beach. But it was too dark, I didn’t know where she went.”

He nodded. “Did you talk to her in the club?”

“A little bit.” She frowned. “She was angry and said we needed to talk.”

“What did you say?”

“I told her we should but I needed to wait for Damon and that’s when she rushed off.” She touched his arm and feeling the cold air and exhaustion seeping through her bones, asked “Can we please go home now?”

Nick nodded, pulled her to his side and kept his arm around her shoulder, tucking her securely against him.

And from the way Nick held her tight, it felt like he had no intention of ever letting go.

**********

“I still can’t believe you didn’t tell me about you and Nick.” Leigh said through narrowed eyes. They were on Facetime, with Leigh checking in to make sure Tasha was okay after they got home.

Tasha shrugged as she buried herself under her covers and turned off the light next to her. “It’s complicated, Leigh. You know that. I didn’t want to spook anything until Nick and I had a chance to talk some more.”

Leigh sighed. “You two are going to give me heartburn.” She paused for a few heartbeats. “Where’s Nick now?”

Tasha heard the front door close and knew Mike had just left. “Nick was talking to Mike about upping security detail for the next few shows, at least until Belinda is found.”

Leigh nodded. “Good. I was going to suggest that but I’m glad he’s on the ball.”

“Shouldn’t you be getting some sleep, sweetie? All this excitement isn’t good for the baby, I imagine.”

Leigh smiled. “Oh, god no, the baby loves it. I think I’m going to give birth to the next Veronica Mars.”

Tasha grinned as she murmured, “You know that she’s a fictional character, right?”

“In my head she’s real, gorgeous.” Leigh’s eyes shone bright, teasing. “And when she’s a teenager, you have my permission to tell her the crazy story about how you tried to go on a silly high speed chase on a four lane highway.”

Tasha smiled warmly. Leigh was so good to her. “I love you, Leigh. Thank you for being such an amazing friend.”

Tears started pooling in her friend’s eyes. “Oh shut up. Now you’re going to make me cry.”

“No, seriously. I don’t have very many people I trust, but for you and Howie, I’ll go through that high speed chase again.”

“Dammit. I wish I was there to hug you. And no more high speed chases for you, lady. At least until you learn how to park better.”

Tasha laughed loudly this time. “Touché, Leigh.”

“Are you happy?” Leigh asked quietly a few seconds later. “Does he make you happy?”

Tasha smiled without hesitation. “When we’re together, he’s a different person, you know. Like he doesn’t carry such a heavy heart.”

Leigh sighed. “Like he was before...” She stopped herself before she choked up again. “Thank you, Tash.”

“For what?”

“For being with him. For just...for making him forget.”

Tasha swallowed the small lump of emotion that was forming in her throat. “We’re getting there.”

Leigh nodded. Tasha was distracted for a second when she saw Nick walk through the door and locked it quietly behind him.

“Nick’s here, I gotta go, Leigh.”

“Sleep well, Tash, I’ll see you in the morning.” And in a louder voice, “Night, Nick.”

As Nick was in the middle of taking of his sweat pants and underwear, he just grunted.

“Tash,” Leigh said quietly, “If he hurts you...”

“He won’t. And even if he does, we’ll work through it.” She felt the bed dip a little as he joined her under the covers. “He’s worth it, you know.”

She smiled and gave her a final wave before cutting the call.

Nick grasped her hip and turned her around so she faced him. He pulled her closer and tugged her against him so her front nestled into his. Dropping her phone to the side, she ran a hand down his bare hip and listened to his heartbeat as he threw a leg over her, making their connection closer, more intimate.

“Nick...” she said against his chest.

His fingers went through her hair. “Shh. Give me a minute.”

“A minute to what?” she asked curiously, closing her eyes at the feel of him against her.

“To just hold you.” He rested his head atop of hers. “Before we talk.”

Understanding, she dropped a kiss on his chest and snuggled closer. His arms around her tightened and the tension from his shoulders started going away.

The drive home in Kevin’s Aston Martin didn’t invite conversation. Neither did conversation come by the time they got back to the house. Nick, in not so many words, told everyone but Damon to leave and that he needed Mike. He had her tucked against him throughout, like he wanted to make sure she wasn’t going anywhere.

Once everything was sorted out and everyone had said their goodbyes, Nick walked her up to her room and kissed her lightly on the lips, telling her quietly, “Clothes off and under the covers. I’ll be back in half an hour.”

He waited for her nod before closing the door behind him, leaving her standing in her room confused as hell at what had just happened.

She ended up showering and getting ready for bed because tonight had been exhausting. And now, Nick was here and she can sleep.

“You have clothes on.”

Tasha smiled against his chest. “I’m not nearly as comfortable sleeping naked as you are, Nicky.”

He pulled on her hair to make sure she looked up at him. His mouth was curled up in a half-smile. “Who said anything about sleeping?”

She gave him a grin and dropped a kiss on his lips. “I thought you wanted to talk?”

He spoke against her lips. “Maybe I changed my mind.” He captured her mouth and his tongue dueled with hers. For a crazy minute, Tasha let herself be swept away by his touch and lost her train of thought.

An hour later, as both Nick and Tasha were recovering their breaths, he pulled her close until his heart rate returned to normal.

“You have this bad habit of distracting me with sex,” Tasha grinned as she turned around and settled her back against his front. Her eyes were drowsy with exhaustion, and she was seconds away from sleep.

His hold tightened around her, his left hand closing on her breast as a possessive instinctive thing. “I keep thinking it’s YOU who distracts me. I think I lost my train of thought.”

“Mmm.” She said, closing her eyes. “Wake me up when we need to leave, okay?”

“Tash?” he said quietly against her ear.

“Mm hmm?” she murmured, covering his hand with hers.

“I’m sorry I lost it out there tonight.”

Her eyes opened immediately. He still wanted to talk. He usually didn’t talk too much after...well, they were usually too exhausted.

“You didn’t lose it, baby. You were worried, that’s understandable.” She pulled his hand off her breast and entwined her fingers with his.

“Did I ever tell you how Faith died?”

Her heart started beating faster. He wanted to talk about Faith and in the short time she’d known him, he hadn’t even...

She turned around in his arms and touched his face. Oddly enough, he seemed calm, no sea of torment in the back of his eyes, no guilt. Just a matter of fact question posed to the woman in his arms.

“No, I don’t think you have.”

He nodded and nuzzled her cheek as he pulled her up, her face closer to his.

“I was in Baltimore. Matty was maybe three months old? Anyway, I had my first solo show that night and Faith was running late from putting Matty down for the night. I was a wreck. I hadn’t performed live for an audience in years and I was freaking out backstage.”

She ran her hand up and down his arm as a sign of support.

“Faith was rushing and she was in her Mom’s Mini when I called her. She probably shouldn’t have been talking on the phone while driving but she was just a few buildings away.”

His voice broke then, but he soldiered on, tightening his grasp on her waist.

“Her last words to me were ‘I love you’. And then she was hit by a speeding freight truck that didn’t see her beside him.”

Tasha’s breath caught in her throat.

“I didn’t...” He cleared his throat before continuing. “I haven’t told this story like this to anyone, until you, Tash.”

She nodded and kissed his chin.

“I’ve been blaming myself and just buried myself in guilt because she was coming to me, you know? She wouldn’t have been there if it weren’t for me. Matty would’ve had a mom if it weren’t for me and my stupid desire to have a solo career.”

She shook her head and touched his cheek. “Oh Nick. No. That’s not true.”

“I know it isn’t, sweetheart. But some days...some nights too, I remember and it makes me angry. She should fuckin’ still be here if I wasn’t so selfish.”

Hot tears fell down her cheeks at hearing his voice, almost broken. “Nick...”

“I’m working through this, Tasha. I’m trying my hardest, but I haven’t forgotten any of it. It’s still there, in the back of my mind and most nights I dream about it. But when I’m with you...”

He paused and wiped the tears that made their way down her cheeks. “When I’m with you, I start forgetting and forgiving myself because dammit, I deserve you and we deserve this.”

She nodded slowly.

“One day, I’ll leave everything behind and I’ll finally be a man who deserves someone like you. Do you understand what I’m saying?”

She looked at him with wet eyes.

 He made sure she was looking straight in his eyes. “You understand? I can’t lose you because in spite of everything fucked up in my head, I’ve fallen in love with you and you’re mine. Is that clear?”

She smiled in spite of the tears. “I’ve always been yours, Nick. Always.”

His eyes shone bright now and pulled her head to his for a rough open mouthed kiss. “I thought I lost you tonight,” he murmured against her lips as he moved to get on top of her. “The thought of you in the car when the airbags went off...Jesus, Tasha.”

Tasha squeezed his arm in reassurance. “Never again.”

“Good.” He urged her legs apart with his knee. “Tell me.”

She felt him enter her slowly, making her sigh his name.

“Tell me, Tasha.”

“I love you, Nick.”

He released a breath she didn’t know he was holding and captured her mouth for a kiss.

Pulling away from her lips, Nick grinned as he sank deeper into her and asked, “Are you sure I’m still worth it?”

“Every single part of you is worth it,” she murmured with a sigh and entwined her fingers with his left hand. To her surprise, she didn’t feel the gold band he normally wore. She opened her eyes and looked at his fingers to be sure. Then she looked right at him.

“You took it off?”

Distracted by the surprise in her eyes, he blinked. “Baby, I’m trying to give you the orgasm of a lifetime here. Focus.”

As he pulled out and then sank deeper, Tasha forgot what it was she wanted to know and closed her eyes to feel him. They could talk later. Much much later.