- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

"Give it BACK! how many times have i told you not to touch my things. MOM!"

"It was sitting in MY room on top of MY desk if you don't want me touching YOUR things then don't go into MY room and leave them there."

Lily ducked in time for the brush to sail over her head and hit the wall before falling to the ground. Scarlett groaned when she saw the dent in the wall, her parents were going to kill her. Lilly looked to were Scarlett was looking and took off like a bat out of hell ranning down their stairs.

"MOM SCARLETT PUT A HOLE IN THE WALL"

Scarlett went into her room and grabbed her backpack off her study chair, snatched up her iphone and walked out. Nick was inspecting the dent in the wall, he turned when he heard Scarlett's door close.

"Scar, this needs to stop you can't go around breaking stuff."

"Oh! but Lilly can leave her stuff in my room, so she can ran crying to mom and get me in trouble." Scarlett said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Lilly wasn't the one that damaged my wall." Even as Nick spoke he knew everything that he said to Scarlett was going to go over her head.

"That's right defend her, like always Lilly can't do nothing wrong." Scarlett just wanted to ran down the stairs and rip Lilly's hair out while yelling at her 'you don't need a hair brush now bitch'

"Any thing."

Scarlett looked at him confused "Huh?"

"It's can't do any thing wrong, not can't do nothing wrong."

Scarlett rolled her eyes and hiked her back pack up on to her shoulder, her father was right that yes, it was her that damaged the wall. But it was Lilly that provoked her, if people just left her alone she wouldn't have to worry about things like this happening.

"I'm going to be late for school, i better get there especally if YOUR correcting my grammer."

Scarlett saw Nick's face harden. She was waiting for him to either start yelling about her needing to respect him, or storming off and begin to ignore her.

"Well you better get going then."

Scarlett put her iphone in her pocket and headed down the stairs, 'Well that wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be' she thought. As soon as she reached the bottom step she heard Nick clear his throat.

"I'm taking the money to fix this out of your allowance and apologise to your sister before you leave."

Scarlett froze she didn't know what she hated more losing some of her allowance or having to say sorry to HER.

"WHAT! NO WAY."

"Just do what i say."

Scarlett stuck her head into the kitchen where Lilly was eating breakfast, muttered a quick 'sorry' turned on her heel and stomped out the front door slaming it behind her 'i hope i damaged that aswell' she thought bitterly to herself. Scarlett normally walks to school with Oliver but she was glad she got out of the house without him, she'd beable to think before she got to Rose's house.

"I wish they would get off my back, they don't even care. I can't wait till i'm old enough too get away just because i don't sing, dance, act, play sports i'm not worth their time. it's not fair. They don't understand i used to try to be the perfect girl but it didn't work. Mom's all over Lilly, Aiden and Ollie are always doing stuff together, and dad's always busy either with work or helping and watching the other's do all their things. I just want them to love me like they used too even Ollie'slove is slipping away from me. Well i don't need them they can all do to hell."

Scarlett could see Rose's house coming up as she got closer she saw Rose sitting on her front steps waiting for her. she loved seeing Rose she always felt better knowing that her bestfriend wasn't far away that if she needed her she was always there. Rose smiled when she saw Scarlett enter her front yard.

"Hey chickydee how's my girl this morning." Rose ran her hand though her raven black hair that matched her black eyeliner which she worn thickly around her brown eyes.

"I can't stand them Lilly started so i threw her brush at her, missed dented the wall then dad had a cow over it as usual. the same old shit."

"Really! boy or girl."

"It's not funny Row. I'm not going to beable to handle school today, what do you say about going to the mall instead. i need some destressing."

"Sure why not, i havn't got any classes i want to be in today." That wasn't what got Rose to agree Rose is the type of girl that LOVES to shop.

It was a 20 minute walk from Rose's house to the mall, the girl's did some window shopping and decided to stop in at the food court to grab a bite to eat. Scarlett got though half of her salad when she spotted a group of kids that she reconiged from school and waved them over. Robbie Jacobs sat down next to Scarlett and smiled at her, he knew who Scarlett was everybody knew who the Carter kids were.

"What's up girl? skipping school i see?"

"I could say the same for you"

"Now now Scar you know i hate school, not my thing. We are about to head out down to the creek wanna tag along, better than walking around here all day." Robbie hated school so much it would surprise people if he turned up more than once a month.

"Sure."

Scarlett dumped the rest of her salad in the bin and follow the group, glad she can get out and have some fun. The creek was a local hangout for the teens where alot of them go to drink and smoke among other things. Scarlett and Rose had never been there before but heard all of the stories about the going ons that happen there.

"Scar do you think this is a good idea? They are in Lilly's classes at school and she wont even talk to them. you know she hates them."

"Even more of a reason to hang with them, it will be fun."

"Here we are girls sit down anywhere."

Robbie patted the grass next to him and scarlett sat down, watched him light up a smoke. Robbie has smoked for as long as Scarlett had first seen him at school everybody even the teachers knew it, nobody could do anything about it as his parents knew and didn't really care that he did. He took a couple of drags and pointed it in scarlett's direction, Scarlett looked at it then at everyone else smoking 'couldn't really hurt' she thought to herself. She took it off Robbie and took a deep drag. Next thing she knew Robbie was patting her on her back as she started coughing.

"Take it easy girl, you can't just dive right into it to begin with, take smaller drags."

Scarlett did as she was told and found it wasn't as bad, she took a couple of drags then handle it back to Robbie he pointed it towards Rose who shook her head. Robbie shrugged his shoulders and started smoking it himself again.

"Where is she? i'm telling you when i get my hands on her." Nick said as he paced around the family room all he could think was that his baby was laying in a ditch or dumped in the sea somewhere.

"Nick she will walk in any moment now you will see."

Dawn looked out the window nervously, worry written on her face then looked at the clock 11 o'clock she should of been home hours ago. Nick grilled all the other kids but they didn't have much to tell them after 20 minutes Oliver finally gave in and told them Scarlett didn't turn up at school along with Rose. So Dawn rang Rose's mom and Rose told her she left Scarlett at 4 o'clock at the mall and she was sorry she couldn't be any more help.

"What if something has happened i couldn't find her at the mall or anywhere nearby, she's not answering her phone she always answers her phone." Nick rubbed his eyes "Maybe we should call the police." He had been out for three hours searching everywhere he could think of, but ending up going home more worried than when he left.

"That might be a good idea she's never done this before." Dawn could feel tears prick at the back off her eyes, she might not do as much with her daughter as she does with the other children but she loved her just as much. Nick came over wrapping his arms around her.

"I will rin-" They heard the front door shut both racing out into the hallway. Scarlett had hoped she would of been able to get in and up to her bedroom without anyone noticing, not having to parents stampedeing up to her.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?"

"Out" Scarlett tried to walk around them she just wanted to get to her room, have a shower and go to sleep.

"OUT! OUT! WE HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO RING THE POLICE. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE PUT US THOUGH" Nick couldn't believe it here they were worried to death that their daughter was laying dead somewhere and she comes strolling in like nothing happened.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Scarlett tried to push pass Nick but he grabbed her arm and yanked her back infront of him. Scarlett's eyes went wide. Her dad had never done anything like this to her before he could never even bring himself to smack her let alone pull her around by her arm, she quickly got a hold of herself and tried to yank her arm out of his grip.

"OW. YOUR HURTING ME."

"THAT'S NOWHERE NEAR AS MUCH AS YOU HURT US."

"Nick let her go please. we can talk about this. Please." As soon as Nick let go Scarlett stepped back out of his reach and grabbed her arm, as soon as Nick saw Scarlett's actions guilt filled him he had never hurt his baby before but the fear and anger was racing though his body so fast.

"Princess-"

"NO! don't you ever call me that again i'm not your princess anymore. Leave me alone Nick." And with that Scarlett side stepped around him and ran to her bedroom. Dawn put her hand on Nick's arm.

"She didn't mean it baby."

Nick nodded numbly he didn't know what hurt more Scarlett saying she's not his princess anymore or Scarlett calling him Nick.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Here is Chapter 2 please review :) Thanks