- Text Size +

Big Girl Now

Chapter 11

Marley’s Point of View

Taking things slow with Donnie was not an option. What was I thinking? Neither of us could keep our hands off each other. We had so much sexual chemistry that we’d find any private spot on tour to get it on. Now that the tour was over Donnie was concentrating on Blue Bloods.

Dancing was my passion. With Donnie’s help I was going to open my own studio. The building I was currently renting was being remodeled into the studio of my dreams.

I sat in the café waiting for Donnie to arrive. We met daily for lunch. I enjoyed spending time with him. He was a great guy, and I enjoyed dating him. Sure we weren’t exclusive, but I didn’t care. Neither of us was dating anyone else.

“Hello beautiful!” He placed a kiss on cheek before he sat down.

“Well, hello there Mr. Sexy. How are you today?” I sipped my water.

“I’m great now that I’m here with you.”  

“You’re so charming.” I smiled at him. Whenever I was with him I always had a big smile on my face.

The waitress came over and took our order. She was gone quickly since we ordered the same thing every day.

“Mar, I need to talk to you.” Donnie said seriously.

I held my breath for a moment before I started to speak. “Okay. You know you can talk to me about anything.”

“These past few months have been really great. I’ve enjoyed spending time with you.”

He was dumping me. Sure, I wasn’t his girlfriend, but he didn’t want to date me anymore. I’m sure he had found someone else. I was going to spare him the words and just break it off myself. “It’s okay Donnie. I get it. You don’t want to go out with me anymore. It’s been fun while it’s lasted. I’ll be sure to pay you back everything you put into the studio.” I grabbed my purse. “It’s been nice knowing you. Take care.”

“Wait, Mar.”

I started leaving the café. Donnie threw a twenty on the table and followed me. It’s a good thing I had long legs and could walk fast. He was having a hard time keeping up with me.

“Marley Grace Sutton, Stop! You didn’t let me finish.” He called out.

Thank goodness we were in New York City because no one even glanced at us. I stopped and wait for him to catch up to me.

“I wish you would stop jumping to conclusions. I’m not breaking up with you. Marley, I’m in love with you. You’re everything I’ve always wanted in a woman. You’re smart, caring, fun, sexy, beautiful, and the list could go on and on.”

Donnie was in love with me. It was music to my ears. My girlhood dream was becoming a reality. I don’t think anything could make me happier.

“Donnie are you for real?” I squeaked out.

“Marley, I love you. I want you to be my girlfriend.”

I grabbed a hold of his face and kissed in the middle of the street. I didn’t care who was watching. I was the happiest woman in the world. Donnie started easing his tongue in my mouth. I quickly broke the kiss off. We were in the middle of the street. His tongue in my mouth could lead to certain things the public should never see. “Of course I’ll be your girlfriend.”

“Great. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Someday I’m going to make you my wife.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“I love you, Donnie. Let’s take it slow. I’m happy being your girlfriend. Someday I’m going to happier when I become your wife. I just want to enjoy this.”

“You do know that being my girlfriend means you have to move in with me.” We strolled down the street.

“Are you really ready to have me move in? It’s going to be different than sharing a bus on tour.”

“You don’t have a choice. Your stuff is being moved to my apartment as we speak.” He chuckled.

“Oh no, I’m scared. Who’s moving my stuff? I don’t want anyone seeing my unmentionables.” I pressed a kiss to his face.

“Well Joe, Danny, and Jon are my movers. Don’t worry none of them have seen your unmentionables, and they never will. I packed them up before they got there.”

“You think of everything.”

“I do, don’t I.” He laughed. I gave him a playful shove. “Well tonight I promised the guys beer and pizza. Tomorrow is going to be just about us. I’m going to make love to you for twenty four hours. We’re going to rechristen every room in our apartment.”

“I can’t wait. You’ve made me the happiest girl in the world. All my dreams are finally coming true.”

“Good. Now it’s time to make our dreams come true. This time it’s about me and you. You’re going to be in my life forever. We’re going to get married and have at least ten kids.” I could see a hint of mischief in his eyes, as we walked down the street.

“Ten kids.” I stared at him. “You better learn how to have babies because I’m not having ten kids.”

“How about eight?”

“How about one kid and a dog?” I countered.

“How about seven and a dog?” He replied with a laugh.

I stopped and gave him a sweet kiss on the mouth. “How about we take our time and have one baby first. Then we can see about having a football team.”

“I think that sounds wonderful. I’ll be happy whether we have one bundle of joy or ten.”

“Like I said Donald, I’m not having ten children.” He chuckled at my comment.

We reached his apartment building. I saw the guys carrying all my stuff. They didn’t notice us, so we continued to watch them work hard for a while.

“I guess we better head inside. They don’t know where to put anything. Plus, Joe might go searching for your unmentionables.”

“He better not!” I pulled Donnie inside.

Today was the happiest day of my life. All the things I had dreamed of were coming true. I was thankful for the last four months. Things were perfect, and I knew they would only get better.