- Text Size +

10 Years Later

Marley’s Point of View

“Brandon time for dinner.” Donnie yelled to the backyard for our oldest son.

“Daddy, mommy said to stop shouting. You’re going to wake up little Maria.” Sinead whispered.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to.” Donnie smiled at his oldest daughter.

“Sorry dad. I was busy looking for worms. Can we go fishing tomorrow?” Brandon asked when he walked through the door.

“I think that can be arranged.”

“What is that?” I asked, carrying in Maria while the little ones followed behind me.

“Brandon wants to go fishing.” Donnie said as he put Donovan and Deirdre in their booster seats.

“Oh that sounds like fun.” I placed Maria in her high chair.

It was a typical dinner at the Wahlberg house; lots of talking and laughter. Everything was just the way I wanted it.

 Donnie and I have been married for the last ten years. It all happened rather fast. About a month after we became a couple we took a trip to Vegas and decided to bite the bullet and get hitched. Nine months later Brandon popped out. We stayed in New York, but moved out of the city.

So here we were ten years later with a gaggle of children. Brandon was nine and a bookworm. He loves anything to with animals. Next in line was Sinead. She was seven going on thirty. She was a second mom to her younger siblings. Then Donnie and I had a set of adorable twins. Donovan and Deidre were three. They we always getting into trouble. Like today they decided to finger paint on the wall.  Maria was our baby. She was nine months old. Donnie said she was going to be a singer or an actress because she was always babbling.

Donnie was in semi-retirement. After a long run on Blue Bloods and touring with New Kids On The Block, he wanted to settle down and spend time with his family. I enjoyed spending every day with him.

I was a stay at home mom, that spent a lot of time volunteering at my children’s school. It was the best life. I enjoyed being with my hubby and kids. The rest of the world didn’t matter.

“Earth to Mar.” I looked up at Donnie. “Is everything okay?”

“Everything perfect.” I rubbed my stomach as I answered my husband. Donnie gave me a funny look.

“Mar, you want to help me in the kitchen?” I stood up and followed him.

“Yes, Donnie. What do you need help with?”

He moved closer to me and placed a kiss on my lips. It never got old. He could kiss me and kiss me, I wouldn’t care.

“I think we should save this for later and get back to the kids.”

“Are you pregnant?” He looked into my eyes.

“Yes, the doctor called today and confirmed it. We’re going to be parents again in seven months.

“Oh baby, I’m so excited. I love you.” He picked me up and twirled me around. Donnie and I had a healthy and active sex life. Damn we were getting too old to do this. I was forty four years old and still having babies. “I love you and this is going to be the last one. You pretty much got your own sports team now.” I teased him.

“I promise no more babies after this. Thank you for being a wonderful mother and wife. I’m so glad I got you back in my life.”

“Donnie, back in the day when I was young, I knew I was going to be the one for you. You just had to see that I wasn’t that little girl.”

“I’m glad you grew up and became a big girl. All that big girl fun with you has made my life complete.”

I could feel the tears of joy threatening to fall. “Let’s go eat dinner before I become a blubbering idiot.”

We walked in the dining room hand in hand. I smiled watching my kids. I loved my family and my life. It couldn’t get any better than this.