- Text Size +

Big Girl Now

Chapter 2

Donnie's Point of View

The past week had been torture for me. Rehearsals were going well, but I was sporting a major hard-on all day long. The girl I was dancing with must have thought I had the hots for her. Sure, she was pretty, but she wasn't my type.

The woman giving me an everlasting erection was the one who wouldn’t come five feet near me. It was like she was afraid of me. Not to sound cocky, but I wasn’t used to that. Most women threw themselves at me. It only intrigued me.

“So Donnie, are you planning on going out tonight?” Joe asked as we were collecting our things.

“I was thinking of going to McFadden’s for a couple of drinks.”

“Think we should invite the girls? I know you’re jonesing for that Grace lady.”

I stared at Joe for a moment before I spoke. “I’m not jonesing for anyone. She a beautiful woman, but that’s about all I know about her. She won’t talk to me.”

“That’s why you spent ten minutes in the bathroom after she did that pole dance in Big Girl Now.” Jon added his two cents.

Just thinking about that pole dance routine made my pants tight. Grace knew how to move on the pole. It was like she was an expert. She moved and glided with no effort. It was fucking beautiful. I would enjoy having her wrapped around me.

“Fuck you. I’ll see you guys around ten.” I grabbed my gym bag and headed out into the city.

------------

I looked in the window of McFadden’s before I walked in. I saw Danny and Joe sitting with all the dancers including Grace. I inhaled slowly and entered the bar.

“Hey Donnie! Over here.” Danny shouted at me. I sauntered over to the group.

“Hello ladies and gents.”

Everyone spent the next few minutes saying hellos, well except Grace. She continued to ignore me like always. For some reason she didn’t like me. Grace has no problem talking to any of the other guys. It was just me she was standoffish with. Didn’t she realize that only made me want her more? I loved women that were hard to get. Half the fun was the chase.

Tonight I was sitting back and watching instead of being the center of attention. I really didn’t know what was going on because my eyes were on Grace. She was busying talking to Jon and Cortney.  Her eyes lit up when she laughed.

I saw Grace walk towards the bar. This was my cue to get some alone time with her. Slowly I got up and followed her.

“Hello, Grace.” I whispered in her ear, as I stood behind her.

“Donnie.” She said tersely. Wow, it was frigid in here.

“Why don’t you like me?”

She turned around to face me. “Who said I didn’t like you? I don’t remember ever saying that.”

“It’s in your body language.” I stared deep into her hazel eyes. They looked so familiar, but I couldn’t place them.

“Just because I’m not fawning all over you, doesn’t mean I don’t like you. I’m being professional.”

“The thing is Grace; we’re going to be working very closely for the next few months. The New Kids are a family. Sure, we are professional but we like to have fun along the way.”  I smiled at her.

“Donnie, thanks for letting me know. I’ll try harder.” She didn’t even smile as she said it. Grace was going to be a hard shell to crack.

“Well, why don’t we start off by getting to know each other better? Let me get you a drink and we can talk.”

“I guess that would be okay.” She looked at the table where everyone else was. I could tell she was uncomfortable. How could anyone be that way around me? I was a nice, friendly guy.

“Let me get our drinks. There’s an empty table over there.” I pointed to the secluded table in the corner. “What would you like to drink?”

“I’ll take a ginger ale.”

We went our separate ways for a while. I hit the bar and got our drinks.

“Umm, this isn’t a ginger ale.” She looked at me in disbelief.

“Well I asked the bartender what you were drinking earlier.”

“Oh.” Was all she managed to say.

“I think your drink describes yourself perfect because whenever you’re around me you get tongue tied.” I joked.

Grace rolled her eyes at me. “In your dreams Wahlberg.” She smiled at me. It was the first actual smile she gave me this week.

“Well, I can’t lie and say you haven’t been invading my sleep.”

She sipped her drink. “Oh, Donnie. You’re really putting the charm on me tonight. I think we better just stick to a normal conversation. Flirting could get you into trouble.”

Damn this woman, she was trying to be serious, but my body couldn’t help reacting to her words. Did she know she had this effect on men? Was this her way of seducing me? Clearly, she had my brain a mess.

“Grace, you’re trying to ruin my fun.” I chuckled. “So tell me about yourself.”

“There’s not a lot to tell. I’m from New York. I’ve danced all my life. This is my first major dance job.” Grace told me quickly.

“Sweetheart, tell me something I don’t already know about you. I’m really a nice guy.”

“Donnie, there isn’t much to tell. Not everyone lives an exciting life like you.” She looked down at the table. Grace had the confidence to dance on stage like she owned it; yet face to face she was so shy. I wasn’t sure which one was the real Grace. Maybe she was somewhere in-between.

“I bet you are more exciting than you give yourself credit for. What do you like to do for fun?” I asked. If I could get Grace talking, I think she would loosen up a bit.

“Donnie, I’m so boring. There’s really not much to tell.” She smiled bashfully.

“Well then,” I paused for a moment. “I think we need to cause some trouble so you have an exciting story to tell people. How about we rob a bank or strip naked and run around Central Park.”

Grace started laughing. I don’t mean a tiny little giggle. It was a full blown hearty chuckle. I inhaled as I watched her. She was gorgeous. Her long dark hair hung in loose curls. My fingers were longing to play with them. Her eyes sparkled and she had a beautiful smile. Her body was lean and built for sex. She had natural pert boobs any woman would be jealous of, and all men were dying to caress.

“That’s the first time I’ve seen you enjoy yourself all night. Why don’t we get out of here and go do something.” I could tell she was reluctant, but I wasn’t taking no for an answer.  I wanted to see what made Grace tick.

“I guess.” She hesitated. “Let’s go before I change mind.”

I grabbed her hand and dragged her out the door. We were going to have some fun tonight.