- Text Size +

Big Girl Now

Chapter 6

Donnie’s Point Of View

The tour was going better than expected. The fans were eating us up. We had sell-out crowds each night. Finally we were in New York. Tonight we would be doing our second show there.

Grace was still being standoffish towards me and everyone else. She didn’t talk to Jon anymore. He told me they had some words before the tour started. If she wasn’t such a great dancer, I would have kicked her off the tour.

I couldn’t stop thinking about her. Having to dance so close to her every night was not exactly pleasant. I’m sure the fans loved seeing my hard-on the entire show. I spent many a night masturbating after the show. I wanted her so bad.

Today I was filming a scene for Blue Bloods before the concert. My work was never finished, but at least I would be away from Grace.

I was sitting in hair and makeup, when Will came in. “Hey man, it’s good to see you.”

“You to man.” He punched me in the arm. “I enjoyed the show last night.”

“Great. I’m glad you did.”

“Yeah, that dancer who did the pole dance was hot. She looked familiar to me.”

“Really?” I asked. Not sure where Will would know her from. “She’s from New York.”

“What’s her name?”

“Her name is Grace.” I got up from the chair. “Thanks, Liz. Great job on making me look handsome.”

“Does Grace have a last name?” Will questioned as he sat in the makeup chair.

I leaned back against the counter, not sure where this conversation was going. “Umm I think her last name is Sutton. Why?”

He squirmed in his seat. “Promise you won’t get mad at me. I think I know Grace.”

“How?” Was all I could utter. I didn’t know if this was going to be such a good thing.

“I think she was a stripper at this club I use to frequent a few years ago.” Will said quietly.

I was dumbfounded by Will’s comment. First I never pegged him as a frequent strip club visitor. Sure Grace’s body was built for sex, and she knew her way around a pole, but she didn’t seem the type to show off her body for money. “I think you’re mistaken.”

“I could be, but I got to be pretty good friends with her.”

“How the hell does a squeaky clean kid like you get involved with a stripper?” I was baffled by the things I was learning.

“Well, I was lonely. I paid for a lot of lap dances and got to know her pretty well.” Will didn’t even bat an eyelash.

“So this stripper, you became friends with, tell me about her.” I needed to know the details to prove him wrong.

“Well she’s was from Boston originally. She came to New York to be a ballerina, but it never panned out. To make ends meet she became a stripper. She was so graceful which is why I saw Grace dance I thought she was the same woman.”  He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

“Nah, totally different woman. Grace is a native New Yorker. Was your stripper named Grace?”

“Well her stripper name was Divine Grace. I know that doesn’t mean anything. Her real name is Marley Sutton.”

Why did that name sound so familiar? It was like I heard it before.

“Hey uncles! What’s shakin’?” Sami entered the dressing room. I was thankful for her interruption. This conversation was over for now.

I walked over and gave her a hug. “Glad to see you. See you both at family dinner in a few.”

--------------------------

After a long day, on the set I was still in a pissy mood. I thought a lot about what Will said. Maybe I needed to confront Grace with the whole stripping thing. How the hell was I going to do that? She wouldn’t even talk to me.  I was going to make an attempt anyway.

The show was going great. I was backstage changing into my next outfit. I was still thinking about thinking about Marley Sutton.  It was interesting that she had the same last name as Grace, but Sutton was a common name.

I started zipping up my pants, when a thought came to mind. I had a friend Chad Sutton from back in the day. He had a little sister. What the fuck was her name?

“Donnie, what’s up? You’ve look preoccupied all night. What’s wrong?” Jordan asked.

“Nothing.” I lied. “Plus there’s not a lot of time to talk.” I grabbed my hat and ran back on stage.

We started singing Big Girl Now. I was dancing, singing, and cheesing it up for the fans. I was giving my all for the fans. They were the reason I did this. I spun around and got into my pose. Grace was doing her famous pole dance that got all the men in the crowd excited. Hell, my body got excited every night and I’ve seen it many times.

Marley Sutton. Marley Sutton. No, it couldn’t be. There was no way in hell that I slept with my friend’s kid sister. Grace couldn’t be Chad’s little sister. What were the odds? She was going to a world renowned ballerina. Her life was devoted to ballet. How did she end up a stripper?

I finished the song and was thankful the concert was almost over. My mind was reeling from what came to light.

After the show, I grabbed Grace by the arm. “Let go of me.” She struggled to get away from me.

“We. Need. To. Talk. Now.” I said in a low growl.

“We have nothing to talk about.” She pulled away from me. “Especially if you’re going to act like a barbarian.”

“I’m not giving you a choice. You’re going to ride on my bus tonight.”

“Don’t tell me what to do.” She hissed at me as she glared at me. I didn’t care if she was mad at me or not. This charade she was playing was going to come to an end. I didn’t like being played a fool.

“If you want to keep your job, I think you’ll follow my directions.” I moved in closer to her. She was beautiful. My lips hovered over hers. I lower them and kissed her with all my pent-up desire. She succumbed to the kiss. Both of us were wrapped up in each other and the sexual desire we were feeling.

She broke apart first. “Give me twenty minutes to change and grab my stuff.”

“I’ll wait for by my bus.”

“Don’t you trust me?” She questioned with a hint of amusement.

“At this point no. Just go do what you need to do.”