- Text Size +


 
I'm Bridget. Lauren is my best friend and I've known her for almost all my life. Since a couple of years she's in a wonderful relationship with Nick. My love life? .... Well I think it's for the best if we don't pay attention to my ex - boyfriends. At this moment I'm enjoying my life as a single woman. But I recently lost my job.  While being in a job interview  I got a text from Lauren: Hey honey, I think I might have the perfect job 4 U! Call me! X L.K. I called her as soon as I got out of my interview at a local paper. The phone went over  and got answered. "Lauren" she said.


"Hi girl" Lauren said cheerful. "Are you still looking for a job?" She asked. "Yeah I am" I sighed. "Well maybe I have the answer to your problems" she answered. "Tell me" I said. "Well, Caitlin is leaving the BSB crew. She's responsible for the VIP events before the concert starts. I did a good word for ya and Steve, the big boss, wants you to come over to meet you. They need somebody who they can depend on and who is reliable. And someone who knows how to deal stress and screaming fans. And I know that you are the perfect person for this job" Lauren said. "Wow, I didn't see that one coming" I laughed. "Ehm, okay sure, when can I talk to him?" I asked. "Wait a sec. I'll ask" Lauren said. "Honey" I heard her say on the background "I have Bridget on the phone". "Ow tell her I said hi" Nick said. "You know what" Lauren said to me in the phone "I'll get you on speaker". "Hi Nick, how are you". "Hey gorgeous, I'm fine. How are you?". "I'm okay" I grinned. "I heard you're looking for someone to organize VIP events?" I asked. "Yeah, we do" Nick answered. "And since Lauren and I both know you for such a long time now and because of your working experience we figured that this would be the job for you. So we convinced Steven and he wants you to come over a.s.a.p. So my question to you is that you're coming over tonight and Steve will stop by also. So maybe you two could talk tonight?" Nick said enthusiastic. "Wow, well eh..." I stuttered. "Don't worry, he's a great guy. Really nice and outgoing. It's just a talk. Not a formal job interview. Just be yourself, wear casual clothes. Just be you" Nick said convincing. "Ok, great. I'll go home change and then I'll drive over to you ok?" I asked. "It's cool babe" Lauren said. "Ow Bridge" Lauren said "don't forget your resume". "I won't. See you an hour or two. Bye" I said. "Bye sweetie" Lauren replied. The line went down.


 I drove home and changed my clothes. I’d put on a cream white t-shirt,  a pair of black, tight, boot cut jeans and sneakers. I looked in the mirror in my hallway and was happy with what I saw. I hadn’t been sleeping well for months after Jake and I broke up. He left right at the time that I needed him the most. Thank God for Lauren as well as Nick. They have been such a great support to me after he left. But now things were getting better. I’ve solved some issues I had and I recently made the decision to stay single for a while. No romance for me in the near future. I slept whole nights again and for the first time in weeks I felt fit and positive again. Last week, Lauren had tried to set me up for a date with some single guy she knew, but I refused. “Nope, Cupid has to knock on someone else’s door” I said out loud and grinned. I grabbed my keys and my coat and walked out the door to my car and drove off to Nick and Lauren’s house.


I arrived at their house and parked my car. It was a late birthday party for Nick’s birthday. I walked towards the door and used the doorknocker. I heard talking at the other side of the door and Nick opened. “Hey babe, nice to see you again. Come in” he said enthusiastic. “Thanks” and I kissed him on his cheek. “Happy birthday” I smiled and gave him his present. “Oh thanks” he cheered. He took my coat also and  together we walked into the living room. Besides Lauren and Nick there were no other visitors. They would attend the party after dinnertime. Lauren walked into the room from out the kitchen. “Hey sweetie, how are you “ Lauren squeaked . “I’m fine, thanks and you? Congrats with Nick, honey” I said. “Thank you! I’m fine. You want cake?” she asked. “No I’ll pass. I’m on a diet. I need to get that extra weight off” I sighed. Nick opened his present. I got him a new game for his GameCube. “Hey thanks, how did you know that I wanted this game” he asked surprised. “Ow, just a guess” I smiled. I looked at Lauren and she gave me a blink. I grinned. Nick’s cell suddenly made a lot of noise. “Sorry babes, I have to get this one” he grabbed his cell and walked out of the room. Lauren looked at me with disbelief “What extra weight are you talking about? You are perfect just as you are” she said. “No really, I gained fifteen pounds after Jake had left me and I really want to lose it” I said “I don’t feel comfortable looking like this”. “But do it wisely then OK? What diet are you on?” she asked. “This week I started with WW” I said “and I also started to work out three times a week” I explained. “OK then. I know WW. It’s a good program. My mom did it too and she’d lost a lot of weight” Lauren said. The door from the hallway went open and Nick came back into the living room. “Who was it, honey” Lauren asked Nick. “Ow it was Aaron. He called to ask if it was OK if he joined us for dinner. I said he could” Nick said. “Sure, and what time will he be coming over” Lauren asked. “He is now at the studio and he was about to drive off so I guess he’ll be here in about ten minutes” Nick said. “Bridget, I don’t remember if you ever met Aaron?” Nick looked at me. “I haven’t met him yet. I mean you and Lauren told me about him and I know who he is but no, I haven’t ever met him” I said. “He’s cool. He had a rough year, last year, but now he’s doing real good. He’s busy recording a new album and he has a lot of gigs” Nick said. “Wow, good for him. And I heard he got himself in The Fantasticks” I said. “Yep, that’s right. He absolutely loves it. It’s good to see my little brother doing so well” Nick said with a happy smile.


We heard a sound in the hallway and the door flew open. “Hi guys” Aaron walked into the room. He looked a lot like his brother. But instead of Nick having strong blue eyes, Aaron had brown eyes. He greeted Lauren and Nick and introduced himself to me. “Hi, I’m Aaron, nice to meet you” he said and gave me a hug. “Nice to meet you too” I said. Aaron’s eyes pierced into mine. “I’m Bridget”. “Ah, Bridget” and he gave me a smile “you’re Lauren’s friend right?  She told me about you” he smiled. “Ok” and I looked at Lauren. She quickly looked away and mumbled that she would fix us some drinks and walked off into the kitchen. Nick quickly followed her.  I blushed. “She didn’t tell me anything embarrassing” Aaron grinned. “No, I know she would never do that” I said. We chit-chatted about all sorts of things. Nick and Lauren both came back into the room and gave us an approving look. Where they trying to hook me up with Aaron? I thought I made it clear that I wasn’t looking for love at this point in my life. I had to admit that he was good looking, handsome and charming, but I wasn’t ready, yet, for another man in my life. I frowned back at them and then looked at Aaron gave him a dazzling smile. Just because I wasn’t looking for a relationship didn’t mean that I couldn’t flirt. And Aaron went along and smiled back and looked into my eyes a little too long, with his gorgeous brown eyes, for a normal chat. I felt butterflies but, considering the fact that I hadn’t been in a flirtatious situation for a while, it seemed pretty normal that I ‘d felt that way.

Chapter End Notes:

I really would like to know how you feel about my story! I'm from Holland so english is not my main language and there might be some spelling errors or grammatical mistakes. Sorry for that in advance!