- Text Size +

 

Finding the New Kids on the Block in my kitchen wasn’t the only surprise my parents seem to have in store for us.

It turned out they were staying with us also.

I had no idea why, but I wasn’t about to complain.

Dinner had been fun. Mom had cooked up a storm, and I was almost as excited to eat her home cooked food as I was knowing Donnie was staying in my house.

But of course then came bed time. It was only 11pm, but dad insisted I got an early night as I’d been driving all day, and it had been so embarrassing being ushered to my room by my parents and bid goodnight. I was no where near tired. In fact, I was wide awake and bored.

I got changed, pulling on a skirt and tank top before slipping on some flats. I picked up my car keys and a jacket before quietly exiting my room. I hadn’t snuck out a house in years, so I was sure I had more than likely lost my touch.

I was halfway towards the front door when I heard a creak from behind me. I closed my eyes and sighed softly. I’d been caught.

“Sneaking out?”

I smiled to myself before turning around. “Damn.. You caught me.” I looked over at Donnie, who was leaning up against the wall grinning.

“Where you off to?”

I shrugged. “Anywhere but here. It’s still early for me.”

Donnie chuckled. “Me to. So.. Where to?”

“Huh?” I looked at him confused.

“Where we going?”

“We?”

Donnie nodded. “Sure. If you’re heading out, I’m coming with. I don’t do early nights either.” He disappeared into the downstairs guest room, giving me a moment to smile to myself.

Donnie was sneaking out of my parents house.. With me.

I waited for him to leave the guestroom before opening the front door carefully. We both snuck out, shutting the door quietly before rushing down the front garden and towards my car. I don’t think I relaxed until we had driven out my street.

“So, decided where we’re going yet?”

I glanced at Donnie and shrugged. “Well I was going to meet some friends at this club..”

“Cool! Am I dressed appropriately for that?”

I looked at Donnie again before keeping my eyes on the road. “Uh.. Yea you’re fine.” I bit my lip, wanting to tell him just how fine he looked right then, but didn’t.

My friends didn’t bat an eyelid that I arrived with someone. In fact, Donnie disappeared over to the bar as I went to say hey to everyone.

We did a bunch of shots, making it clear that even though I’d driven there, I wasn’t driving home. I was feeling pretty buzzed by the time we all rushed out on the dance floor to dance.

It felt good to just dance and be around all my old friends. I’d gone to school with a few of them, but most of them I hadn’t seen since I’d been back last time.

I was dancing to a song, totally loving the music pumping through my body when I felt a hand on my lower back. It had been ages since I’d danced so freely, even if a random guy came up behind me to dance. Maybe I was a little slutty, but at least I didn’t give myself to every single guy that paid attention to me. I felt them place their other hand on my hips before I leant back and closed my eyes. The guy behind me started moving against me to the music and I couldn’t help but smile, feeling his body against mine.

“You’re being naughty..”

My eyes flew open as I turned my head to see Donnie smirking at me. I’d been dancing with Donnie.

“Um.. Shit..” I went to move away but his hand gripped at my hip, making me frown.

“What?” It’s not like I said I didn’t like it.” He said against my ear before pulling me back against him.

Had I entered a twilight zone, or was Donnie actually flirting with me?

Still, I was buzzed and confident enough to flirt back. And I did. The pace of the music changed, making me press my ass into his crotch as he held me against him, one hand holding my hip whilst his arm snaked around my waist. I could feel his breath against my neck as we danced and it was driving me crazy.

All thoughts of this being someone I’d know since I was a kid had long gone from my mind, especially when I felt his lips brush across my skin. I knew this was going somewhere I had always fantasized about, which was why I was the person to make the next move.

I turned around, facing him before wrapping my arms around his neck and moving myself closer. His eyes bore into mine as he slid his leg between mine, pulling me closer. I literally had to bite back a moan as his hand brushed against my bare thigh, and then he leant forward. I figured this was it.. He was going to kiss me.. But he didn’t. Instead he moved his lips to my ear.

“I don’t think we should be doing this..”

I stopped moving and felt my stomach sink. I knew it was too good to be true. I looked at Donnie as he moved his head back to look at me. He smiled, bit I just gave him a look before muttering ‘fine’ and walking towards the bar.

He got me hot and bothered then told me he didn’t think we should do what we were doing. How fair was that?

I ordered a drink before turning around to look at the dance floor, only to see Donnie walking over.

“Come on..” He grabbed my hand.

“No.”

He raised his eyebrows. “Rose..come on..”

I sighed softly, just hearing him say my name. “Why?”

“Because..” He tugged on my arm. “..trust me?”

I downed my drink before nodding.

“Good, lets go..”