- Text Size +
Nicky pulled out her phone and called Brian but she immediately got his voicemail. “Shit” she mumbled. She quickly typed a text:

‘Brian, please let me explain. It really is not what you think that happened.’

She pressed the send button. She immediately typed another text:

‘If you really care about me, like you said earlier, you let me explain. You are jumping to the wrong conclusions here. I’m not your ex. I’d never ever do something like that to you. Please give me a chance to explain!”

She tried calling him again but she got his voicemail again. “Please call me Brian. It’s not what you think” she spoke before she hung up.

Tears welled up in her eyes. This couldn’t be happening. She’d hoped that he would comfort her after she told him about her brother but now everything seemed to be ruined because of something that she hadn’t even done in the first place. Hell, she didn’t even had the chance to tell him about it.

‘You know what Brian, Fuck you. You said you cared about me but you don’t. Since you are ignoring me I’m going to, sadly, tell you by text what happened. My mom called. My brother is very ill and hospitalized since this afternoon. Doctors don’t know if he’s going to be alright. He has a severe lung infection and is very weak. They first thought it was cancer but thankfully it isn’t. Jason saw me shortly after that conversation and wanted to make sure I was ok. But you don’t care anymore right. Think whatever you want. Fuck You!’

And she pressed send. Wow, that where about 5 text messages. But it didn’t matter. She was angry at him and she felt sad and miserable and lonely. All at the same time.

She quickly finished her job and left to go back to the hotel.

When she returned to her hotel room she kicked her shoes out and dropped down on her bed. She still hadn’t heard anything from Brian. She cried her eyes out for a while and really felt miserable about all that had happened. Eventually she’d fell asleep.

Meanwhile:

Brian took a seat in the van. He put on a smile and pretended nothing happened but deep down he felt miserable. And of course, like it couldn’t happen at an even more lousy time than this, the battery of his cell died. And, to make it all a little more annoying, nobody had a phone charger with them. He felt guilty for how he’d acted to her tonight. But he couldn’t help it. These things were still a little sensitive since it all happened with Leighanne.

He stared out of the window where the raindrops danced over the glass. The radio played “She’s like the wind:

She's like the wind through my tree
She rides the night next to me
She leads me through moonlight
Only to burn me with the sun
She's taken my heart
But she doesn't know what she's done

Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league
Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

His mind wondered off to Nicky. He was going to make it up to her. He sighed and closed his eyes.

After a short while he felt a soft tap on his shoulder. He opened his eyes and noticed that Howie had taken place next to him. He rubbed his eyes and sat up straight. “Hey” Brian sounded a little hoarse and swallowed to get his voice back. “Hey, you ok?” Howie looked at Brian. Brian nodded “yeah, I’m ok”. “Care to tell me what’s going on between you and Nicky?” Howie softened his voice so that only Brian could hear him. “I guess there’s nothing to tell” Brian sighed. “ What happened?” Howie asked. “I don’t know. I screwed up” he rubbed his face “I made up with Nicky after our fight earlier remember?”. Howie nodded. “Well, we” Brian paused for a second “let’s say things got a little romantic between us”. Howie’s eyes and eyebrows lifted “really?”. “yeah” Brian nodded “but, she has a male friend, you know Jason right”. Howie nodded while listening. “Well I have the feeling he has feelings for her and I eh…. I’m jealous. He hangs around her a lot and ... I don’t know. When we got off stage I saw her hugging him and I basically freaked out”. “Geez” Howie sighed “so you have something to do tomorrow, don’t you think?”. Brian nodded “I guess so. But how?”. “Well, maybe flowers and a sorry note? Or chocolate. Woman go nuts over chocolate” Howie smiled. “I’m going to have to think about it”. Howie slapped him on his shoulder “It’s gonna be ok bro”.

“What’s gonna be ok?” Nick’s head appeared over theirs as he leaned over their chairs “Nothing, you nosy brat” Howie pushed him down on his own seat. “Nosy brat? I only try to be sensitive here. Come on Bri you know you can tell me everything” Nick goofed around. “Leave him ok. Maybe he’ll tell you one day. You know, when you’re grown up and stuff” Howie laughed. “I feel left out” Nick pouted. Brian laughed “Ahhh, well too bad little one, this is grown up talk.”.

By that time they arrived at the club for the after party.
The rest of the night went by pretty quickly. The club was loaded with fans and Brian had obligations he had to fulfil to the crowd. During the party he was too busy to worry about Nicky. But when they were on their back to the hotel he secretly hoped Nicky would still be awake so he could make it up to her.

Back at the hotel Brian pretended he had to tie his shoe lace in order to be alone when he’d walked by Nicky’s room. The other guys already took the elevator and Brian was glad they did. He then took the elevator and went upstairs himself. When he stepped out into the corridor he quickly walked to Nicky’s room. He softly knocked on the door. He waited and knocked again but she didn’t opened. She must’ve been fallen asleep already. He left to his room feeling disappointed.

At his room he recharged his phone. He read the texts Nicky had send and felt even more like a jerk than he already did. That night he had trouble sleeping.