- Text Size +
Jessie J: Nobody’s Perfect

Im Not a saint no not at all, but what I did it wasn't cool
But I swear that I'll never do that again to you
I'm not a saint, no not at all, but what I did it wasn't cool
but i swear that ill never do that again to you.
I hate that I let you down, and I feel so bad about it
I guess karma comes back around cause now I'm the one that's hurting yeah
And I hate that I made you think that the trust we had is broken
So don't tell me you can't forgive me
Cause nobody's perfect, no


The next morning Nicky woke up with a big headache. She apparently had fell asleep with her clothes on the other night and felt pretty bad. She sighed and got up from the bed. She dragged herself to the shower and got ready for the day.

Meanwhile Brian left his room and knocked on her door. She didn’t opened. Disappointed and a little anxious that she wouldn’t be able to forgive him he went downstairs for breakfast. Not being sure if he’d see her before they left for the next location he became nervous.

He took some scrambled eggs, toast and coffee from the buffet and sat down with Kevin “Good morning”. Kevin looked up at him and smiled friendly “Good morning” and continued reading his paper. He immediately saw there was something going on but he didn’t want to interfere. He knew Brian well enough to stay out of his business. If he wanted to discuss it he would bring it up himself. “Where did you get that?” Brian asked. “They are at reception” Kevin pointed. Brian quickly went to the reception to get one too. When he came back there still was no sign of Nicky. He began reading the newspaper and although he wasn’t that interested in the content of the paper it kept him occupied.

After what looked like eternity Nicky finally walked into the dining room. Brian immediately noticed her but she completely ignored Brian and sat down at the table with the other crewmembers.

After a while Brian couldn’t focus on the paper anymore and decided he was going to talk to her. He shoved his seat backwards and stood up. Kevin looked up to see what his cousin was up to and saw him walking up to Nicky. A little smile came on his face and he continued reading the article he was reading before.

While eating her bagel she suddenly felt a hand on her back “Nicky, can I talk to you?” she heard Brian’s soft voice and she froze. She turned around and looked into his guilty face. Nicky wanted to say no. At least, that’s what she’d promised herself before she left her room. But when Brian really came up to her table to ask her to talk to him she couldn’t refuse. Deep down she was glad he did because it meant he did care. She didn’t plan on making it easy for him though. She felt redness crawling up from her neck to her face as she stood up and followed Brian to the lobby of the hotel.

Jason watched it all from a distance and wondered what was going on. He felt a little jealous and insecure. He knew he had zero chance if he had to compete with Brian.

Brian scanned the lobby for a suitable quiet spot to talk. He walked all the way to the back and chose a table in the left corner. Nicky followed him. He shoved her seat backwards so she could sit down. “Thank you” Nicky mumbled. Brian sat down and an awkward silence fell between them. He looked at her and took a deep breath “I’m sorry” he said hoarse. Nicky didn’t respond and just looked at him. “I acted like a jerk yesterday. I came from stage and saw you with Jason and I” he paused for a second “I guess I overreacted. You know what I went through with Leighanne and seeing you with Jason really freaked me out”. Saying these words made him feel even more embarrassed about last night. He noticed the tears that welled up in her eyes and in an impulse he grabbed her hands. Now he really felt like a jerk “Aw, I’m sorry baby. I really am”. Tears rolled down her face and it took a moment before she was able to speak. She rubbed the tears away and cleared her throat “Did you read my text?”. Brian blushed “Yes. I did”. She sighed “Jason and I are close friends. It’s been that way practically since day one. You know how life on tour can be and Jason has always been there for me you know.” she looked up to him and Brian nodded. “my mom called me yesterday to tell me about my brother” she continued “Jason knew I was waiting for the call and when he saw me coming back afterwards he wanted to comfort me. So I guess that’s all” she shrugged. She swallowed “Listen, there’s nothing going on between me and Jason. I understand how you must have felt seeing me hugging him but you have to know that I’d never do something like to you”. He nodded and looked down at the table “I know, but it’s just… I’m scared” he softened his voice. Hearing him saying these words really made her feel bad for him. When he looked back up
to her she saw tears in his eyes. She got up from her chair and stepped to the other side where Brian was sitting. He looked at her and when she sat down on his lap he wrapped his arms around her. “I’m sorry too” she whispered and kissed him. Brian squeezed her tight and answered her kiss. After what seemed like forever they pulled back and smiled to each other. “You asshole” she smiled. “Stupid woman” he smiled softly placed a kiss on her hair. After a moment of silence and him caressing her hair he asked her “Do you still want to keep things a secret? It’s pretty annoying to lie and be so secretive all time”. Nicky smiled “But you where the one who said we had to keep things quiet”. “I did, did I?” he frowned. “I’m fine if we’d open up to the others” she shrugged. “Thank You Lord” Brian sighed. Nicky giggled “No, I’m Nicky nice to meet you”. “Oh you think you’re funny hey” he smiled “You are sooooo gonna regret that” he said with a wicked grin and tickled her until she begged him to stop.

Brian heard Nicky’s stomach rumble “you should eat something sweetie”. Nicky tucked a string of hair behind her ear “Yeah, that would be nice” she smiled. They got up and Brian held her hand while they went back for breakfast. When they came back into the dining room Nick and Kevin where the only ones really paying attention at them, and Jason of course. Brian felt Nicky hesitating a bit and squeezed her hand to reassure her. He smiled into her eyes and Nicky couldn’t help but smile too. “So what do you say babe, you want to go sit with the crew or are you joining me for breakfast?” he asked. Nicky smiled “If you get me some coffee I’ll join you ok”. Brian smiled and pulled her close to give her a little kiss on her cheek.
Nick and Kevin watched it all happening and grins appeared on their faces. Brian and Nicky walked up to them and Brian couldn’t help it that his smile grew wider and wider as they came closer “What?” he pretended nothing had happened. Nick played innocent too “Nothing bro”. “Good! Anyone wants some coffee?” Brian smiled. “Sure” Nick and Kevin answered at the same time. “I don’t I join you” Nick stood up and gave Brian a meaningful look. “Sorry Nicky, how do you drink your coffee?” Brian turned around to her and waited for her to answer. “Oh just coffee with milk” she smiled. He smiled back and blinked at her.