- Text Size +

Looking at your picture from when we first met
You gave me a smile that I could never forget
And nothing I could do could protect me from you that night

Wrapped around your finger, always on my mind
The days would blend 'cause we stayed up all night
Yeah, you and I were everything, everything to me

I just want you to know that I've been fighting to let you go
Some days I make it through and then there's nights that never end
I wish that I could believe that there's a day you'll come back to me
But still I have to say I would do it all again
Just want you to know

All the doors are closing I'm tryin' to move ahead
And deep inside I wish it's me instead
My dreams are empty from the day, the day you slipped away

I just want you to know that I've been fighting to let you go
Some days I make it through and then there's nights that never end
I wish that I could believe that there's a day you'll come back to me
But still I have to say I would do it all again
Just want you to know

That since I lost you, I lost myself
No I can't fake it, there's no one else

I just want you to know
That I've been fighting to let you go
Some days I make it through and then there's nights that never end
I wish that I could believe that there's a day you'll come back to me
But still I have to say I would do it all again
Just want you to know

That I've been fighting to let you go
Some days I make it through and then there's nights that never end
I wish that I could believe that there's a day you'll come back to me
But still I have to say I would do it all again
Just want you to know

 

After a little more than a week he agreed to meet Leighanne for dinner in their favorite Italian restaurant to discuss the next step.

He was busy changing his clothes in the guestroom when there was a knock on the door.

“Hey Bro, do you mind if we talk?” Nick entered the room.

“Sure, I’m just changing my outfit for tonight”.

“Are you going out?”

“Yep” he pulled the shirt over his head.

“Anyone I know?” Nick grinned.

“Yes, it’s Leighanne”.

“Okay, didn’t see that one coming. Are you guys trying to fix what happened?” he carefully asked.

“No, that’s out of the question. I agreed to meet her at Gino’s to discuss what’s gonna happen next”.

“And… have you figured out what that next step’s gonna be?”

“A divorce. I can’t stay married to her Nick. I can’t trust her anymore. She went over that line” Brian felt tears in his eyes again.

Nick got up from the bed and hugged his friend “Listen, I want you to know that no matter what happens I will be there for you.  No woman is worth that kind of pain. I know you love her with everything you have inside and I know this hurts like hell. But I promise you, it’s gonna be better. Believe me”.

“It hurts Nick, it hurts so f*cking bad” tears rolled over his cheeks.

“Shhht, it’s gonna be okay, I’ll promise” Nick comforted his friend. He felt bad for him. “I’ll stay up for you tonight ok. When you get home we’ll talk about your meeting with Leighanne and I think it’s a good idea to get wasted tonight. What do you think?” he smiled.

Brian smiled back through his tears “good idea bro’”.

 

An hour later Brian arrived at Gino’s. The waiter guided him at their table near the window. After ten minutes Leighanne arrived. She wore a Wylee black dress and killer heels. Even though they were going through this mess she looked sexy as hell.

“Hi” she gave him a little smile.

“Hi” he answered and stood up to get her in her chair.

“How are you?”

“Not so well, and you?”

“Me neither”

“You really hurt my feelings”

“I know… for what its’ worth I’m so terribly sorry. It was a mistake” tears welled up in her eyes “if I could turn back time I would”.

“But it happened, and that’s something we both have to deal with”.

“Do you think counseling is an option? I don’t want to lose you Brian” she said with a horse voice.

“I… I don’t think so. You betrayed me baby. I don’t think I can get passed that”.

Brian saw that Leighanne was getting emotional. Right at that point the waiter stopped at their table to get their order.

They ordered a bottle of red wine and a light salad and bread to go with it.

“I’m so sorry Brian, I love you….” Brian stared at the table “ I can’t live without you” she whispered fighting her tears.

“I love you too sweetheart but I can’t do this. The thought of you and that guy kills me” Brian had to suppress the urge to hug her.   

“Are you angry?” a tear rolled over her cheek

“At first I was. But now I’m just feeling very sad and very disappointed. I thought we belonged together you know. When we exchanged our vows in front of God and our families I expected that it would be forever. But unfortunately I was wrong”.

The waiter brought their wine and bread with garlic butter.

“What can I do to make it up to you?”

Brian took a deep sigh. He got emotional “You can’t” His eyes got wet from tears. “I want a divorce”.

“No” she couldn’t fight her tears anymore “Brian please, give me a chance to make up for this”.

“I wish I could” Brian sighed.

“But I love you” she sobbed.

“I love you too, with all my heart. But what you did is unforgivable. You ruined our marriage Leighanne. Can’t you see?”.

“But true love can overcome anything. Please give me a chance. I beg you”.

“I can’t”.

Silence fell for a little while. Both Leighanne as Brian had to digest what had been said.

A text message came in on Leighanne’s phone. As she picked up her phone to see who it was Brian couldn’t help it “So is that gardener boy?”

Leighanne turned red as a tomato “No, it’s mom asking me how I’m doing and if I need anything”.

“Oh” despite everything that she’d pulled him he felt embarrassed for his comment.

The waiter came back with their food.

During dinner they hardly spoke to each other.  It felt awkward.

After dinner he paid for the bill and they left the restaurant together.

“Leighanne, do you mind if I stopped by the house tonight to get some of my clothes?”

 “No of course not. You can come with me right now if you want. And to tell you the thruth, I came here by cab so if you could give me a lift home that would be great”.

“Sure, why not” he mumbled.

While driving home he turned on the car radio so that they didn’t have to talk.

As soon as they arrived at the house Brian quickly ran inside to the bedroom to pack a suitcase. While busy packing he felt Leighanne’s arms and hands wrapping around him from behind. She turned him around to face her and before he knew it they were wrapped up in a passionate mind blowing kiss.

She pushed him on the bed and positioned herself on top of him continuing the kiss.

Brian interrupted her by grabbing her wrists. In a smooth move he changed position and came on top. “What are you doing?” he whispered, overwhelmed with what happened.

“What does it look like? I’m trying to fix my mistake baby. I am gonna let you forget everything that happened.” she smiled sensually and tried to continue the kiss.

Brian pulled back from her and got up from the bed. “I’m sorry. I can’t do this” he walked away from her to get his suitcase.

“What do you mean you can’t do this?” Leighanne rushed up to him and grabbed his arm. “I’m your wife damn it. Of course we can do this.”

Brian pulled himself loose from her. “Let’s see, how can I make it clear to you? You should’ve thought about this before you jumped in bed with bush boy. It’s too late Leigh. You’ve had your chance. It’s over”.

 “Nooooo” a loud scream and an even louder sound of a smashing door behind him gave him the confidence to do what needed to be done. He walked downstairs to the cabinet and got some other personal belongings like his passport, check book and credit cards and a picture of them together. It felt strange but for some reason he felt he needed to.   

 

He walked out of the house and drove back to Nick’s.

When he came through the front door Nick walked up to him whit a bottle of beer. “Before you give me all the details what happened I suggest we toast on your new found freedom and drink this beer to celebrate” he smiled.

“Great idea bro” Brian smiled back.

One beer became two, two became three, three became six and before they knew it they were completely wasted.

On Youtube they searched for Carly Ray Jepsen and imitated her. After the original they searched for all the parodies made on her song and they laughed until their cheeks hurt.

After a couple of more beers Brian started telling about his relationship. Nick listened to him and every now and then blurted out a funny comment.

“I still love her bro’.” Brian laughed.

“Then get her back” Nick giggled.

“No I can’t”.

“Let me imitate someone for you ‘Yes you can’” he laughed with low voice.

Brian literally rolled over the coach laughing. After he was done laughing “No seriously, it’s over”

“Then, since your back on the market, we are gonna find you a nice lady. It’s party time”.

They fell asleep on the coach, completely wasted. After a couple of hours Nick woke up in the middle of the night feeling hungry. He got inside the kitchen to bake some hamburgers. The smell of the cooking woke up Brian too.

They ate a couple of burgers and went to their own rooms to get some sleep.