- Text Size +
Brian:
I snuck out of her room and managed to get into my own room without being seen. I laid down on my own bed to chill for a couple of minutes. It had been an awesome day. And Nicky is just…. Awesome. Thinking about everything that happened made me excited. Butterflies ran through me. I was falling in love again. In a way it felt strange. The last time I’d felt this way was with Leighanne. It didn’t had anything to do with Nicky but all these intense feelings also kind of made me scared. Was I ready for this?

I closed my eyes for a couple of minutes but instead of resting a little all I could think of was her hot steaming body and our make out sessions earlier that day. I decided to take the shower at that moment. If we wanted to keep this thing a secret for now it was important for me to learn to hide my feelings in public. The only problem was that I was not able to do that.

I showered, got dressed and spend more time than usual in front of the bathroom mirror. Thinking of seeing Nicky in a couple of minutes made my heart running wild.

Speaking of my heart I knew I really had to make a doctor appointment to get my check up. I haven’t told anyone but I noticed my condition wasn’t as good anymore as it used to be. I pushed away the thought. Next week, when I’d get home I would call for an appointment. In the mean time I’d had to make sure nobody would figure out what was wrong.

I checked my phone for messages and there was only a message from Leighanne. She apparently had a letter for the both of us regarding taxes that had to be paid over last year.

A flash of pain struck my heart. No heart attack but caused by the memories I used to had with her. I still hadn’t dealed with everything that had happened. A lot had been dealed with but still… I texted back that I was on tour and that the payment would follow next week. Within a minute another text came in “how are you? Xx”
Reading that text made me confused. What was it that she wanted from me. She was the one that cheated on me. She obviously had feelings for that other guy so why connecting with me again?

“I’m fine. I hope you are too. Have to go now. Talk to you next week” I texted back.

I took my key card, phone and wallet and went downstairs for dinner. When I got into the dining area Nicky was already there. My heart took a little jump as soon as I caught sight of here. She sat at the table with the other crewmembers. I really wanted to sit next to her but we agreed to keep things silent for a while. So to show my respect to her I decided, with a fresh dose of unwillingness, to sit and have dinner with the guys at the other table. I did manage to take a seat that made me able to look at her without making it too obvious. Nick and AJ began talking to me about random things but I really couldn’t care about it. I actually wanted to be left alone with my own thoughts or left alone with her. ‘Get a grip on yourself Littrell’ my mind yelled to my heart. ‘You’re a grown man for cryin’ out loud. Try to control your feelings a little”. I took a deep breath and tried to mix in with the conversation.

We got our dinner from the buffet and went back to our tables. I really had to supress the urge of looking at her too often. At one point I looked at Nicky and there was a guy sitting next to her. That guy, Jason, acted a little too happy and nice to her if you asked me. The worst thing was that Nicky smiled back and laughed about his dumb jokes. At least, that was what I could make up simply by looking to them. My inner lion started to roar and I felt jealous. That asshole needed to get away from my woman. I wanted to punch him in the face but of course I didn’t because we agreed to keep things secret. Lousy deal. I was definitely going to talk to her about this secret thing. I hated that guy. I really needed to talk to the management about him. He needed to go.

Nicky finally looked at me. It seemed like forever since my eyes finally caught hers. She gave me a stunning smile that made me weak. God that woman sure knew how to make me crave for her. “Hey B, how about eating your food. You haven’t touched it. It’s gonna get cold” AJ tapped me on my arm. “Yeah man, pay attention if else we’ll eat it for you” Nick joked. I shook my head and pretended a yawn. “Sorry I’m tired” I lied. I was a lousy liar. I could feel my cheeks turn red from telling this lie. “Ok, is that what they call it these days?” Nick laughed. I frowned “what are you talking about?”. “Well, I did saw you in the pool today with that girl” AJ smirked. Fuck, they found out I panicked. Fuck, fuck, fuck. “No just kidding” AJ and Nick laughed. “Fuck you” I slapped him on his arm. Nick and AJ looked at each other with a frown and smirked “you look guilty bro. Do you have something to confess?” Nick brought his fork with some French fries to his mouth and chewed while waiting for an answer. “No of course not. Stop picking on me you morons” and I took a bite from my cheeseburger. “Ooooh looks like somebody is grumpy” AJ teased. Rochelle gave him kiss on his cheek “Stop it Alex. Come on let the guy eat for a second” AJ turned to Rochelle and kissed her back “Ok love of my life. I’ll do anything to make you happy”. Nick made a gagging sound “Oh my god, you guys are gross. Get a room and do whatever you want but do it somewhere private. I’m eating dinner. Ugh” he faked a shiver. Lauren laughed “come on babe, they just had their wedding. Let them be in love ok”. “Nick don’t act like you and Lauren didn’t do that. I remember the days that you just got together and we hardly got any word from you ‘cause your lips where sealed with Laurens” Howie laughed. “We still have problems with that sometimes” Kevin laughed. Brian felt relieved the attention changed from him to Nick. He relaxed a little.
The laughter at their table caught the attention of Nicky and the other crew members. Nicky smiled shy to me. I wanted to be alone with her ASAP.

Dinner went by and so did desert. Of course Jason kept playing mister nice guy to Nicky. It was so obvious he had a thing for her. Asshole. He even had the nerve to come to our table to talk to us. I ignored him. The way I see it he was really full of himself. I didn’t understand why Nick and AJ invited him over for a drink tonight.

Around 8:30 I went back to my room. It was a bit messy. I quickly cleaned up a little (you know, stuffing everything in the closet to hide all the clothes that sort of “fell out” my suitcase). I didn’t want her to think that I was an untidy person. Butterflies raced through me and I ordered two bottles of wine together with two glasses. I didn’t know if she’d like red or white wine so I ordered both of them. I decided to brush my teeth again and put on a little of my favourite fragrance ‘Aqua di Gio’.

I heard a knock on the door at 08:50. My heard jumped. She was early, awesome. I opened the door to find Nick behind it. Fuck. Doesn’t this guy understand the meaning of privacy or what? “Hey I was wondering, we are gonna grab a beer in the bar downstairs. Are you coming too?”.

“Nah, don’t think so. I’m tired, rough night. I’m gonna stay at the hotel room tonight. Watch a little TV or something”. I tried to get rid of him but it was like, you know, you want to hide something and it’s like there’s some force of nature, or maybe even God himself, that is doing everything to make your secret leak out. What happened next could easily be a part of a low budget comedy movie. Just when I thought I had it all under control and Nick was about to leave, a ping sounded and the door of the elevator opened. A guy in hotel uniform stepped out of the elevator with my requested order and two glasses. He saw me and I tried to make him understand (without saying a word but by using facial expressions) to take a hike and come back a little later. Nick turned around to face him and the guy walked up to us, completely ignoring my ‘take a hike’ moves. He was probably very slow in understanding. “Your order sir” the guy smiled and handed me my order. Nick looked at me and the bottles of wine “Wow, you are definitely having plans tonight” he smiled. “Plans on getting wasted?” he grinned. I sighed “oh no, just felt like having some wine tonight. I just couldn’t make up my mind whether I wanted red or white” I lied, again. I also tried to hide the two glasses. I saw Nick’s eyes resting on these two glasses for a second. But he decided not to mention it anymore. “Anyway, I have to go. I promised the guys to be down at nine. Have a good night bro”. “See you tomorrow” I swallowed and sighed. “Wow, that was close. He walked to the elevator and pressed on the elevator button. The ping sounded again and the doors opened. He stepped in. Before the doors closed I saw Nicky entering just around the corner. I tried to warn her with my eyes to be careful. She thankfully got what I was trying to make clear and she waited a couple of seconds behind the corner. The elevator doors finally closed and the elevator was going down.

Finally I could relax. I took a real deep breath and was relieved. “Hi babe, my goodness that was so close. I’m telling ya I really suck at lying to people” I softly kissed her on her beautiful mouth. I took her hands in mine and guided her inside my room. Before closing the door I made sure that nobody else could’ve seen us. The corridor was empty.

Brian closed the door behind him and when he came back in the room Nicky already sat down on the beige couch. Brian lit up the candles that stood on the table. “Do you want red or white wine” he spoke soft. It took a second or two before she became aware he’d asked her a question. Nicky secretly enjoyed the sight of Brian’s back while he was taking care of their drinks. His ass was so well formed. And the masculine form of his upper body combined with that fine shaped ass and him dressed in his dark blue jeans and black sweater….. naughty thoughts came up to her that made her blush “I’d like the red wine” she replied waking up out of her thoughts. He poured in two glasses of wine and handed her a glass. She looked at him and almost drowned in his eyes. My god, how can a man be like this, her inner woman sighed.