- Text Size +

"Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon"


How come I was the last to know
Took the stage then you stole the show
Another unsuspecting sunday afternoon
I was captured by that stare
Now I'm shattered, but I don't care
And the people walking by don't have a clue

That I kissed your face
Till the sun was in our eyes
Till the afternoon arrived
And I can't explain
Last night I saw the fireworks
The kind of pain that never hurts
The one you hate to love is made for you
Another unsuspecting Sunday afternoon

Monday is a funny thing
Still waiting for the phone to ring
Will my imagination take it slow
After Saturday, my life is changed
In a moment it was rearranged
Strange how easy it is letting go
And I miss your face
Like the sun was in my eyes
And now I'm running blind

And I can't explain
Last night I saw the fireworks
The kind of pain that never hurts
The one you hate to love is made for you
Another unsuspecting Sunday afternoon

This sweet relief
Unexpected things
Is this the end or only the beginning

I miss your face
Like the sun was in my eyes
Like the afternoon
Now I'm running blind (running blind)
I can't explain (can't explain)

Last night I saw the fireworks
the kind of pain that never hurts
The one you hate to love that's made for you
Another unsuspecting Sunday afternoon
Another unsuspecting Sunday afternoon

 

Nicky enjoyed her massage. The woman who performed the massage on her was definitely a professional.

She got her towel, wrapped it around her and walked outside the massage room. She walked over to a herbal bath and let her body slide in the hot water.

“Nicky, we are going to drink some coffee in the dining area. Are you joining us?” Kevin asked with Kristen standing next to him.

“No I’ll skip this one, I just got out of the massage”.

“ Okay enjoy your bath than. We’ll see you in half an hour” he blinked at her and walked away.

After staying in the hot water for ten minutes she decided to go to the outside pool. She felt the cold on her skin while swimming outside to the integrated build in Jacuzzi area. She laid down in the water resting her body on integrated under water benches. She closed her eyes to enjoy that relaxing moment. She nearly fell asleep as she felt a presence next to her.

She opened her eyes and noticed it was Brian. “Oh eh… hi”  she blushed.

“Hi yourself” he smiled “so are you enjoying the pool all by yourself?”

Nicky smiled shyly “well I’m not by myself anymore. Shouldn’t you be drinking coffee with the rest of the group?”

“No, didn’t feel like it. Maybe later”.

They both sat down for a while without any further conversation. The tension was slowly building between them.

Just as Nicky wanted to ask him something Brian started to talk.

“Oh sorry, you first” Brian said

“Oh, eh no you first” Nicky blushed.

“I eh… I want to apologize for my behavior the other day” Brian blushed.

“Oh eh… wow, didn’t see that one coming” she frowned “Apology accepted I guess”. Nicky felt a little confused with what just had happened.

“I was a bit hard on you and you didn’t deserve that”.

“Yeah but I shouldn’t have said what I said. I really regret what happened Brian”.

“I know. I do too” He smiled at her.

She smiled back feeling relieved.

Brian wrapped his strong masculine arms around her for a hug and Nicky answered that gesture. He held her for while and when she pulled back a little to say something to him there faces where so close together that they almost touched each other. The tension between them was almost visible.

“I eh….” Nicky started but before she could finish her sentence Brian kissed her with all the tenderness he had inside. Nicky’s heart melted by the feeling of his soft velvet lips on hers. She kissed him back and wrapped her arms around him so that their bodies where as close as they could be. Brian repositioned himself so that he came in front of her. That made it possible for Nicky to wrap her legs around his waist under the water. The kiss seemed to last forever and even though they heard someone swimming behind them, who soon seemed to be leaving the outside pool, it didn’t break the kiss.

After what seemed to be forever in a different world together Brian stopped the kiss and pulled back still with his waist between her legs. He smiled.

Nicky opened her eyes and took a deep breath “Wow” she whispered.

“That was amazing” Brian’s eyes pierced hers. He bended forward and gave her a small kiss on her mouth.

“Yes, it sure was”  Nicky smiled.