- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Nick
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Brothers

I finished the song. It had been difficult singing in front of them all like that, especially when it looked like they weren’t too pleased with it. I probably shouldn’t have been looking for a reaction from them – it was my own fault.

“It’s okay if you don’t like it,” I said quickly when nobody made a move to share their thoughts.

Another pause. It looked like they were all zoned out, like I had bored them. I started to feel embarrassed again.

“We should just go now,” I said, turning away from them. I was feeling like shit again. I had thought, stupidly, that this would fix everything. Instead I had once again made a complete ass of myself.

“Nick,” Kevin’s voice was shaky. Was the song that bad that it had driven Kevin to tears?

“It’s okay, Kev,” I said. “I just thought it was something, but it obviously isn’t...”

“Nick, I loved it,” he said.

I turned back around in surprise. There was a tear running down Kevin’s face.

“What?” I asked, looking at the rest of them.

“That was amazing Nicky,” Howie said, standing up and nodding his head.

“Dude, you don’t even know...” AJ trailed off, his voice cracking. I guess I’ll never know what I don’t know.

“So...” I hesitated; I didn’t want to say what I was going to say next just in case this was all too good to be true. “You all like it?”

“Of course we do,” Howie said.

I looked at Brian. He hadn’t said anything.

“Brian?”

He looked up at me. “Is that how you honestly feel?” he asked.

I nodded. “Yes,” I said simply.

“So do I,” he said, standing up. “That’s how I feel about you all.”

“Me too,” AJ said.

Howie nodded. “I feel the same way,” he said.

Kevin laughed. “The amount of headaches you guys have given me over the years,” he shook his head. “And still...”

“We’re brothers,” I blurted.

Brian nodded. “That’s right Nick,” he said. “We’re brothers.”

The End

Xxx

A/N: That’s all folks! Thanks to Mare and PaulaKTBPA for reviewing! I want to thank every single person who reviewed, even if you only reviewed once! I want to say a HUGE thank you especially to Mare for being so inspirational and helpful throughout the whole thing (and she was the only person who reviewed every chapter which is pretty awesome *claps*).

So, again, thanks for reading!