- Text Size +

The album was coming along very well the date was set to launch in October. The guys were in the recording studio getting ready to get at a track and AJ noticed that Nick wasn’t paying attention he was on his phone.

“Yo Nick get off the damn phone. We have a song to record,” AJ shouted from a booth.

“Don’t worry Aje he is just talking to his imaginary girlfriend.” Brian joked.

“She isn’t imaginary you know,” Nick shot back,” She is very much real and I don’t see why you guys don’t believe me”

“None of us have seen her. You keep her so secret it is like she doesn’t even exist.”

“Well maybe you should just ask and you shall receive because this is Rayna.” Nick pulled up the picture that she had sent him.

“Well shit you should have showed us earlier this was becoming a nice little inside joke between all of us” Brian said.

“I didn’t exactly think I would need any kind of proof.”

“Well now that we have finally established Rayna’s existence let’s see if we can get at least one song recorded today. We have a deadline and we are so close and plus I give Nick five seconds before he looks down at his phone again.” AJ said.

“Yeah, yeah I can’t help it so sue me for being happy.”

“Now, now children,” Brian chuckled.

The rest of the guys went into their designated booths and put their earphones on the music started to play.

Some say that love isn’t fair

But they don’t know you and me

And when they tell me, love doesn’t last that long

That’s when I look at you

And it’s alright, just let me lead you

 

It’s ok if you close your eyes

I’ll be standing by your side

I’m gonna love you the best that I can

You’re my heart and you’re my best friend

And I’ll promise till the end

That I’m gonna love you the best that I can

 

Time cannot tear us apart

We’re stronger than yesterday

Though we’ve traveled so far

You’re still close to me

Love changes everything

And know that it’s alright, just let me lead you

 

It’s ok if you close your eyes

I’ll be standing by your side

I’m gonna love you the best that I can

You’re my heart and you’re my best friend

And I’ll promise till the end

That I’m gonna love you the best that I can

 

Threw the peaks and the valley’s you’re not alone

When the worlds upside down

You know I’m there

And anytime I feel afraid

That’s when I look at you

It’s ok if you close your eyes

 

I’ll be standing by your side

I’m gonna love you the best that I can

You’re my heart and you’re my best friend

And I’ll promise till the end

That I’m gonna love you the best that I can

 

“I think this is one of the best songs yet guys,” Brian said.

“Agreed Rok, We still have a bunch of songs though it might not even make the album but we can hope, and now you may talk on your phone I can see that is just absolutely killing you that you can’t answer it.”

Nick just ignored everyone and did his own thing. Nick knew no one understood their relationship. This just wasn’t some puppy love or a crush anymore, this was the real deal now. He would see himself getting married to her and having kids of their own and being a good step father to Hunter and Olivia. Even just thinking about it doesn’t scare him it just puts a smile on his face. As Nick was looking at his phone he was approached by Brian.

“I just wanted to apologize for not believing you. You seemed kind of irritated.”

“No, I am not irritated I am just finally happy and everyone just thought this was some big joke, but it isn’t a joke this is real. It isn’t some puppy crush anymore this is real love, and I know you are thinking this won’t last but you’re wrong.”

“Hey I never said it wasn’t going to last. If this is real than its real you just have to be careful and make sure this isn’t some scam or something. I don’t believe that this is something real though. I don’t think I have ever seen you this happy or at least in a while anyway. You just have to make sure you are up for the challenge of two young kids and a very angry father who is probably going to try and push every button Rayna has and as well as you. So what I am saying is be prepared.”

“I am fully aware of the situation none of this scares me. I am content I have never been so content in my life. I can’t help but smile every time I think about the kids or about Rayna and I knew she feels the same way.” Brian patted Nick on the shoulder.

“Well I am glad, and don’t forget to tell me when the wedding is,” Brian laughed.” But you will have to let me meet her and approve first,” he smirked,” If you ever bring her out to LA or happen to be in my neck of the woods in Georgia we will all have to go out sometime.”

“Believe me you’ll be the first to know about anything bro I promise. I was thinking about going out to Seattle in a few days when we get a few days off it will be good to get to know each other a little better”

“I’d offer to go but I haven’t seen Leigh in a month and she would probably kill me if I went to Washington instead.”

“I don’t think I would want Leigh coming after me either,” Nick laughed,” it looks like AJ wants to get one more song done today before we quit for the day. I shall see you in a booth.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rayna heard her phone beep.

“Hey I am sorry I have been busy today in the studio but I have a surprise for you. I have a few days off this week and I was thinking of coming out to Seattle to visit you and the kids if you aren’t too busy that is and also check your email.”

Rayna’s mouth about hit the floor she couldn’t believe it. She then decided to check her email Nick had sent that song that he had promised a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry it took me so long to get this to you. It has been a crazy few weeks I hope you like it. I sent the chorus and then a little solo part of mine.  Talk to you soon. Love you!

-Nick

Rayna downloaded the clip onto her computer and opened up her media player.

 

I could be the one

Give you all my love

Forget what he has done to you

I’m here now

Open up to me love will set you free

If ever you believe

Then please believe in me

This is us, this is us, this is us

Let the world know baby

This is us

 

If I could show you

There’s no risk of being left alone

Would you let your past go?

I’ll take it slow

Cause there’s no rush

When I know

 

Rayna quickly texted Nick.

“This song is amazing! I cannot wait to see you in a few days xoxo”

Rayna was super excited to see Nick. What will they do while he was here? Rayna can’t remember a time when she was this excited about anything. They were finally going to meet it was finally happening.

"The Best That I Can" By Backstreet Boys

"This Is Us" By Backstreet Boys