- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

please R&R :)

It was going on ten o’clock and Nick was getting ready to land in Seattle and then he would grab his rental car and head on over to Rayna’s. Her parents agreed to let him stay there even though he could afford the hotel they insisted so they could get to know him better. As Nick was landing he snapped a picture and sent it off to Rayna. When he got into his rental car and started to head down the highway his heart was pounding so fast it felt like it was going to jump out of his chest. He was nervous more nervous than he has ever been before, and even though he has been performing on stages since he was 13 this was different, this was the girl he wanted to spend forever with. He wished he had gotten an earlier flight so he could meet the kids he was just glad to be there in the first place.  He didn’t know when the next time he would be able to get out here was with the hectic recording going on. He didn’t even know if he was going to get the time off since they were so close to completing the album.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rayna was watching the clock she knew Nick’s plane was getting ready to land she wondered if he would be on time or if he would be late.  She decided to check on her phone and realized she had gotten a picture message from Nick about twenty minutes before her kids must have put her phone on silent without her knowing about it. She opened the message

“See you soon!” it was a picture of him landing in Seattle. Rayna became nervous. She has been waiting for this moment since 1997 when she heard “Quit Playing Games” for the first time. She felt like this was some dream that she would wake up from any moment. “He should be here soon” she said aloud just then a car pulled up into the driveway. Rayna walked over to the window and it was him, he was here. Her heart started pounding rapidly. After all the phone calls, skyping, and the text messages he was going to be in front of her full in the flesh. Rayna ran downstairs and walked out her front door and went over to his side of the car. Nick opened the door and stepped out and pulled Rayna in for a kiss. Rayna wanted someone just to pinch her. “Did this really just happen?” she thought. It was like no one else existed for a moment in time it was just them.

“I have waited so long to do that.” Rayna smiled. He pulled her in for a hug,” I’ve been waiting a long time to do that too” he chuckled.

“I am just glad you got here safe there are some crazy drivers in this neck of the woods”

“Psh, it cannot be any worse than LA”

“True, well lets go in my parents have been waiting to meet you.” Nick walked into her home and was greeted by her two dogs who were both carrying  tennis balls in their mouths wanting to play,” Go lay down you two we will play in the morning,” Rayna said, but that didn’t seem to bother them they wanted to play now. Nick gave them a pat on the head as Rayna led him into the family room where her parents were waiting. Nick held out his hand to give himself an introduction but was interrupted.

“No need to introduce yourself we have heard and seen your posters since she was 13”

“Dad!” Rayna exclaimed.

“What? It’s the truth I already know who he is. By the way I am Kurt.” He shook Nick’s hand.

“And I am Debbie it’s nice to finally meet you. Not only does she talk about you all the time but it’s the only music we hear in the house”

“What is this? Embarrass Rayna day or something?” Nick laughed.

“You know I get the same thing from the guys. They get after me when I am on my phone too long or something. I got in trouble the other day as a matter in fact.” Everyone laughed.

“Well I think your mother and I are going to head to bed. You two should probably do the same thing I am sure Nick is exhausted from the long flight. See you in the morning.” Rayna and Nick headed upstairs.

“You know you are adorable when you get all embarrassed” Rayna blushed.

“Your funny” Rayna started to get their bed ready,” I am sorry about this bed Nick it’s all I have I am sure you are used to something better” she said putting some clean sheets on the mattresses that were stacked up on the floor.

“It’s ok. All that matters is that I am here with you I could care less where we sleep,” Nick pulled Rayna in for another kiss when Olivia woke up.  She looked at Nick for a second and bought him her blanket.

“Daddy?” Rayna’s mouth about hit the floor it was hanging down so low. She couldn’t believe that just happened. They had never discussed anything about Nick becoming a “daddy” maybe Olivia knew something that that Rayna didn’t. Rayna watched Nick scoop up little Olivia and sat down in a nearby chair.

“Yes, I am here baby girl. It’s time to go back to sleep now” Rayna smiled,” What?”

“Nothing, you’re a natural at this, and I am amazed she just crawled right into your lap she has never done that to anyone before, not even John.”

“Maybe she is just comfortable”

“I’d say she likes you”

“Well I’d say she called me daddy”

“I didn’t see you object to her.”

“That’s because I am here for the long haul Rayna. I am not going to go anywhere. I will be by your side forever and for always” Rayna walked over to Nick and planted a kiss on his lips.

“I love you, and will you please tell me your secret on how in the world you got her to sleep”

“That is for me to know and maybe for you to find out” he smiled,” Here take a picture and send it off to Brian he will never believe this.” Nick handed her his phone and she quickly snapped a picture and sent it off to Brian,” Well we probably should be getting to bed I imagine they will be up early”

“That they will.” Nick slowly got up and put Olivia down in her bed and Rayna slipped into her pajamas and crawled into bed and Nick followed. Rayna curled up next to Nick. She knew this was real. Olivia was already comfortable with him this was the right decision she was making for her family. This was the beginning of one wild ride.