- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy!!
Nick was packing up his things into his suitcase he had to leave. He was sad he wanted to stay longer with Rayna and the kids, but the duty of the backstreet boys was calling. They only had just a few tracks left to record. The kids ran to Nick with pictures they were holding up to him even though they were just a bunch of scribbles it put a smile on his face.

“Awe thank you” Nick said giving each of the kids a hug. Nick turned to Rayna,” I really don’t want to go”

“None of us do hun, but you’ll be back soon enough in a month.” Rayna said.

“But that seems so far away”

“I know but you’ll be back before you know it. We will be here waiting your return.” Rayna smiled. Nick couldn’t stand the thought of having to leave he wanted to stay just the thought of it was making his heart want to break into a million pieces.

“Come with me Rayna.”

“What?”

“You heard me…come with me the kids and you come with me.”

“Nick I don’t know.”

“What is holding you back?” he questioned.

“Nothing is holding me back we can wait until after the album is done recording. I know you are going to be busy in the studio and I would hate to be a distraction to you. I want you to be able to focus instead of thinking of us being cooped up in your house for three days .We have survived the last few months we can do it again for a month.” Rayna saw the disappointment on his face,” Nick please don’t be sad I can tell by the look on your face. I want you to have your full attention on this album and don’t think it’s because I don’t love you, but I DO love you with all my heart but I think it would just be best if we wait until the album is done.” She gave Nick a kiss, he sighed.

“I know, I thought I would just throw it out there I knew you were going to say that, and I am sure the guys would be quite upset if I didn’t have my full attention but I hope you know you can’t run away every time we record a new album,” he chuckled,” You will always be on my mind no matter if there is an album or not you will have to come and visit me in LA though we can take the kids to Disneyland or something.” He said loading his suitcases into the car,” But I probably should get going I still have to return the car and get my bags checked in,” He pulled Rayna in for a tight hug and gave her a kiss good-bye and gave the kids another hug,” I’ll be back I promise kids I have some work to go and do take care of your mother for me.” He told the kids,” I love you all and I will see you soon.” Nick got into the car and started it up.

“Please call me or text me when you get home so I know you got home safe”

“I will I promise I love you”

“I love you too” Rayna gave him one more kiss good-bye. She watched as drive drove down her driveway and off he went. Rayna started to cry she was sad he had to leave she didn’t want him to go she felt so empty without him there even though he had only been gone just a few seconds. She saw the look on the kids’ faces and she even knew from that moment the kids loved him like a father whether they knew it or not she did she knew everything was going to be okay they weren’t going to have to worry anymore about anything. Nick was always going to be there for her and the kids.

“Come on kids lets go upstairs Nick will call in a couple of hours and you can talk to him then.” That seemed to lift their spirits up a little bit. She took their hands and they walked back into the house and upstairs. She put the kids down for their regular nap time and noticed a little black box on her computer desk. She sat down in her chair and opened the box there was a ring with a note attached.

‘I wanted to give you this in person but the coward that I am I couldn’t find the right words nor the right time to do it. This is my promise ring to you I know this is going to sound cheesy but I thought of these lyrics I promise you from the bottom of my heart, I will love you till death do us part, I promise you as a lover and a friend, I will love you like I never love again with everything I am. I told you cheesy but I am sure you have a smile on your face right now. I love you and I will see you soon.

-Nick

Nick was right there was a huge smile on her face as well with a tear rolling down her cheek she missed him already she slipped the ring on her finger and texted Nick.
“I found your little black box…I love you so much see you soon. Have a safe flight.”

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nick arrived at his home in LA just a few hours later. He missed Rayna and the kids he wished she had come with him to LA but understood why she didn’t. Nick sat down on his couch and felt just a whirlwind of emotions just come over him. He flipped through some of the photos that Rayna took on his phone of him and the kids and before he knew it he was crying. He just couldn’t help himself he had never been so sad before. He texted Rayna and let her know he was home safe and sound. He decided to take a nap before having to go into the studio that night. He was happy to be home and in his own bed but sad all at the same time he hoped the next couple of months would fly by.