- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy!
A few months have passed and the album was finally completed and now came the tour rehearsals for their big tour. Rayna and the kids had come to visit just as she promised but her visit unfortunately was shortened due to her grandpa becoming ill. Nick wished he could have gone with her but due to the schedule it just wasn’t possible for him he wondered if he would ever get just a day to spend with them without having to schedule everything around a rehearsal time. Nick heard his phone go off Rayna was calling.

“Hey what’s up? Everything ok?”

“Yeah I just miss you and I wanted to hear your voice it’s been a rough day” He could tell something was wrong

“Ray, are you sure you are ok?”

“I got some papers in the mail today. John is going after custody of the kids he is trying to prove that I am an unfit mother because I keep going from state to state with the kids. He is claiming I ripped them from him ever seeing the kids. He is just threatened by you is all. I am sure most of this has to deal with because I have no job and I live with my parents. I am just scared I guess.” Rayna explained.

“He does know who you are dating right?”

“Of course whether he believes me I am unsure. I don’t even see why he is even bothering with this whole thing he will lose those kids have no fucking clue who he is I bet you if someone were to ask them who he was they wouldn’t even hesitate to point to you. John has never been there and even though you have only been here for a few short months they see you more of a father than they ever did of John,” he heard Rayna start to cry.

”Please don’t cry I am not there to hold you it hurts me to hear you cry.”

“I’m sorry to put this all on you Nick you have a tour and stuff to get ready for.”

“Hey listen to me we will fight this and get through it, it is just an obstacle and I am pretty sure I can solve all of our problems right this second.”

“And how is that?”

“Marry me”

“What?”

“Marry me…I have this big ole house all to myself and we could always sell it and move somewhere else it would solve everything. You wouldn’t be living with your parents anymore and you’d be in a different state.” Nick felt his heart just pounding he wasn’t sure what she would say would she say yes? Would she say no? this wasn’t the way he had planned to propose in any way he had a whole shebang planned out but this felt right this was the right time. He had never been so sure in his life.

“Yes” she responded.

“Yes to move in or yes to getting married?”

“Both,” Nick did himself a little happy dance on the phone she said yes,

” You have a huge tour coming up are you going to be able to plan a wedding on top of all of this too?”

“I am sure I can work around it and besides we can always go to Vegas” he laughed.

“Very funny and I don’t want you to sell the house I love that house”

“I love it too but I don’t find it quite kid friendly and it isn’t very big what if we have more kids”

“Kids?” she questioned

“Of course”

“So is this what you day dream about when I am not around?”

“Maybe”

“No wonder the guys get mad at you” she giggled.

“Haha very funny, how about next week I come out that way and I will come and get you and the kids. It’s the soonest I can come cause after that it could be a few more months, and that way everyone can adjust and what not.”

“Okay I can work with that but it doesn’t give me very much time to pack and Hunter’s birthday is next week too I could invite my family out to my parents’ house to say good-bye with a BBQ or something,” Rayna suggested. Nick sat there and thought about it for a second.

“Yeah I like that idea and when we get down here we will have a lets meet Rayna party!” Rayna laughed,” I can BBQ some burgers or something and that way everyone can meet you and the kids and everyone can become acquainted and I know everyone is just dying to meet you.” Rayna laughed again.

“I am sure they are well let me get off of here and I will tell my parents although I am pretty sure they already have somewhat of an idea anyway but I will call you later. I love you”

“Love you too give the kids big hugs for me”

“I will” Nick hung up the phone this was a huge step forward to the beginning of the rest of their lives. He decided to send out a massive text message to everyone letting them know of the party next week and this even included his family whether or not they showed up would be the question

‘Come to the let’s meet Rayna party! BBQ will be at my house on August 29 I hope to see y’all there-Nick’

Now that it was sent it was time to start preparing everything he felt like he had so much to do and practically so little time to do everything in and he couldn’t believe he asked her to marry him and she said yes. He was getting married he wanted to scream it from the roof tops but it would probably be best to keep it on the down low for now but he knew it would only be a matter of time before everyone and their brother knew. He knew this would be a huge adjustment not only for him but for Rayna and the kids too. Now it just became a waiting game until next week when everyone would finally be living under the same household.