- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy!!
The party was a huge hit with everyone coming out to meet Rayna and the kids which included Nick’s mother, but he has yet to hear back from her since then he hoped she had changed her mind about her. Nick walked into his bedroom getting ready to leave when he saw Rayna lying in bed he walked over to her side of the bed with a warm washcloth

“Are you sure you don’t want me to stay? You know they will understand.” Rayna shook her head.

“I am fine Nick. I have been sick a million times on my own.” She stated.

“But you aren’t alone anymore babe you have me now let me take care of you” he said wiping her forehead with a warm washcloth.

“I don’t want you to miss anything I will be fine I promise,” Rayna lied she knew what was wrong she just didn’t want to admit it to herself

“But..” he was quickly interrupted by Rayna.

“You will go I will be just fine. The kids can watch some movies and TV today and I will rest if anything happens or if I get worse you are the first person I will call” Nick sighed and brushed a few strands of hair out of her eyes.

“Fine, I won’t be long,” Nick grabbed his keys and gave the kids hugs,” I will be back in a bit I have to go to work be sure to take to mind your mother today she isn’t feeling well.”

“Ok daddy” he never got tired of hearing that word “daddy” it was almost like music to his ears someone was calling him daddy for a change he had been hearing “daddy” for years from Baylee to Brian he always hoped he would experience some day and now he has and he can’t help but smile. Nick walked out the door and locked it behind him and got into his car and headed down towards the dance studio. He was worried about Rayna though something just wasn’t right this wasn’t like her. He picked up his phone and called Leighanne who was out visiting Brian for the week.

“Hey Nick what’s up?”

“Can you do be a favor please?”

“Sure I guess”

“Can you go over to my house and check on Ray today sometime? She is sick and she practically kicked me out the door she didn’t want me to help her but I am just worried I guess. She just doesn’t seem like herself and then I just have this gut feeling the kids are going to do nothing but cause trouble for her” he explained.

“Sure Bay and I can stop by there and visit her awhile”

“Thank you so much Leigh I owe you”

“No worries Nick. I’ll talk at you later if anything happens he was relieved she had agreed.

“Alright thanks again Leigh.” Nick hung up the phone. He needed to clear his head before he got to the studio he needed to be focused today but it would be hard when all he is doing is worrying about Rayna and the kids. He felt he should have skipped today he knew the guys’ would have understood he thought maybe Rayna was hiding something from him but what would she hide from him? Nick pulled into the studio,” Just breathe there is nothing wrong everything is ok it’s just all in your head just get in here get done and get home,” he said aloud to himself as he opened the door and stepped out of the car and headed towards the studio locking his car behind him.


-----------------------
Meanwhile back at the house Rayna couldn’t keep anything down she felt like she was going to die between her in the bathroom every few minutes to the back and stomach ache it was almost unbearable for her even the kids were becoming concerned.

“Maybe Nick should have just stayed home maybe I should call him.” Just then Rayna heard the front door open.

“Rayna?” It was Leighanne Rayna was relieved she couldn’t take it anymore.

“Yeah I am back here Leigh but beware it’s not a pretty sight,” she warned her. Leighanne and Baylee walked in and there was Rayna lying in bed with a bunch of tissues surrounding her a bucket next to her bed in case of emergencies,” Told you it was bad.” She sniffled.

“Bay why don’t you go and take Hunter and Olivia into the play room,” Baylee took a hold of Hunter and Olivia’s hand and led them out of the room.” Nick called me he was worried I see why. Do you know what’s wrong?” Rayna looked at Leighanne and nodded her head,” What is it?” Rayna hesitated and pointed towards the bathroom Leighanne thought it was odd so she walked into the bathroom and saw what looked like a pregnancy test sitting on the corner of the sink. Leighanne popped her head from the bathroom,” Have you seen this yet?”

“No, too scared too but I have a feeling its positive.”

“Oh yes a big positive the lines are extremely dark.” Rayna sighed.

“I figured I just didn’t want to accept it.”

“I take it this is our little secret until you can tell Nick.” Rayna nodded,” When are you going to tell him?”

“Tonight maybe? I don’t know with the tour coming up and everything else I just wasn’t expecting this we are trying to plan a wedding and now a baby in the mix? I feel so overwhelmed.” Leighanne walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Well sometimes things just happen in mysterious ways I know he will be thrilled he can’t stop talking about Hunter and Olivia he has been amazing with them and to be honest we all we kind of hesitant at it because well its Nick,” she joked. Rayna smiled,” But I know he is happy with you and with the kids he would give up his life for you and for the kids. I have never seen him so worried about before,” Leighanne reassured her,” And as far as the tour goes you will be fine most of us wives gather in the same city or go on tour with them for a while we are always around to keep each other company.” Rayna started to feel less stressed it was like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Leighanne got up and gave her a hug,” You should get some rest I will stay here for a bit with the kids until Nick gets home.” Rayna smiled.

“Thanks Leigh.” Leighanne nodded her head and walked out of the room. Rayna laid there thinking about everything from what would Nick think to how would he feel would he be happy? Would he be sad? And how on earth would she deal with three kids under the age of five was she even ready for this? More importantly was Nick?

-----------------
A few hours had passed and Nick came home and saw Leighanne playing a game with the kids.

“Thanks again for coming over how is she?”

“I think she is still sleeping she has been for a couple hours now. Well I think you got it from here Nick if you need anything else don’t hesitate to call. Say goodbye to the kids Bay we will see them soon.” Leighanne gave Nick and the kids hugs.

“Bye guys see you soon” Baylee said waving to the kids.

“I will be right back guys.” He said to the kids as he walked back to their bedroom and sat next to Rayna. He leaned over her and gave her a kiss. Rayna slowly opened her eyes and saw Nick,” Hey there sleepy head. How are you feeling?” he asked.

“Ok I guess thank you for calling Leighanne today she was a big help. I was literally just getting ready to call you to come home when she walked through the door. I guess sometimes I do need a little help.” She said.

“I was just worried was all I hated seeing you so sick like that. Have you figured out what this is? Do I need to quarantine you until you get better?” he joked.

“Oh I know what’s wrong.” The smile that once was on his face now grew into a concerned face,” Don’t worry its nothing scary or bad I promise just go into the bathroom I think it’s still sitting in there on the sink.” Nick raised his eye brow and got up and walked into the bathroom and saw what looked like a test on the sink. A smile appeared on his face he walked back into the bedroom.

“This isn’t come dirty trick is it?”

“Nope not a dirty trick I promise this is a real test. I didn’t think it was possible myself to be honest until I took the test this morning after you left for rehearsals.”
“How did this happen?”

“I think you know how it happened,” she laughed,” But as for when did it happen? I’d say when I first moved down here and our first night together in the house and I am sure you remember that night quite well,’ Rayna smiled Nick gave her a quick wink.

“Oh I remember, so now what?”

“I guess call around for a doctor. Leighanne was going to look up some stuff for me I think but I was so worried about the tour coming up and you are going to be gone but I was reassured that someone would always be here and they usually congregate in the same city I think I was kind of dozing off, but I am pretty sure that’s what she said,” Nick leaned down and kissed Rayna.

“I love you”

“Love you too” Nick was excited he wanted to tell everyone in the world, but he knew doing that wouldn’t be the safest idea right now. He looked at Rayna and smiled knowing that growing inside of Rayna was something they made together he was ready for this. He was ready to experience everything the doctor visits, the name picking, the baby showers and even the staying up late for feedings. He had always wanted this he has waited so long for this moment and now it was happening.

“You need some rest now I will come and check on you in a bit. Love you” Rayna saw the excitement in Nick’s eyes and became excited herself but she was completely terrified at the same time. She couldn’t help but think was this the right time for a child? But then again was there ever a right time for a child? Sure they can complicate things but just as Leighanne said earlier sometimes mysterious things can happen and they usually happen for a reason.
Chapter End Notes:
dont forget to review ;)