- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another quick update enjoy!
It was the first doctor visit for Rayna since she found out she was expecting Nick was able to tag along he was able to get a rehearsal day moved he wanted to be there and luckily Leighanne agreed to watch the kids for them. When they arrived at the doctor’s office Rayna saw Nick pull out a hat.

“Seriously, a hat Nick? Remember the last time you tried to disguise yourself with a hat?” she joked.

“I wasn’t putting it on for that I..I just didn’t want the sun in my face” he said.

“Yeah ok,” she laughed,” You waited until we got here to put it on when it’s been sunny the entire time we have been driving from the house and not to mention I haven’t seen anyone following us so I think we are ok.” She stated. Nick kind of shrugged his shoulders and opened the door and got out. While walking up to the building he couldn’t believe he was at this point in his life he was having a child with the woman he loved and was getting married he never thought in a million years this would be happening to him he always thought he would be the only person in the world who wouldn’t ever get married.

“Can I help you?” the receptionist asked.

“Yes I am Rayna Johnson here for Dr. Bensen” Rayna responded the receptionist looked at her computer screen.

“Alright all checked in just have a seat and she’ll be with you soon.”

“Thank you.” Rayna and Nick sat in a couple of nearby chairs. Nick looked to his right and saw a bunch of pregnancy magazines Rayna saw Nick fumbling through them,” You know reading those will only make you paranoid,” Rayna smirked,” I did the same thing by reading those and I think my doctor must have thought I was crazy cause I asked like a million questions.” He seemed to shrug it off and continued flipping through the magazine and came across some pictures.

“Is this what the baby will look like in you?” Rayna nodded,” Freaky… and what about this?” he pointed to a picture of a woman with her legs up about ready to give birth,” Rayna again nodded. The look on his face was almost priceless he was lost for words he just sat there and stared at this picture for a few seconds.

“Well that is only of course if you can have the baby natural…in some circumstances there is always a C-section.”

“And those are?”

“Well distress for one either baby or the mother and then if a baby is breach and they cannot turn the baby before the woman is fully dilated and before you ask what breach means it means when the baby is coming feet first instead of head first, but you will learn so much along the way just sit back and enjoy the ride,” she said taking a hold of his hand.

“Rayna Johnson?” the nurse said Rayna and Nick stood up and walked through the door and into the back,” Please take off your shoes and step onto the scale,” the nurse weighed and got her height and then handed her a cup.

“Yay me I get to pee in a cup.” She said sarcastically,” I will meet you in the room.” The nurse took Nick to the room while Rayna into the bathroom. While waiting for Rayna Nick started looking at all the posters on the walls some had pictures and some had information that he didn’t really want to see or know right now. He started to wonder what he had gotten himself into. Rayna came back into the room and the nurse was right behind her and took her temperature and then her blood pressure.

“Dr. Bensen will be in, in just a minute,” she said shutting the door.

“You looked at the pictures didn’t you?”

“Nope”

“Liar,” she giggled,” You must be wondering what you have gotten yourself into. It can be scary but it is all worth it though,” then there was a knock at the door.

“Hello I am Dr. Bensen,” she said shaking their hangs,” So from what your hormone levels are saying right now it looks like you are about 12 weeks does this sound about correct?” she asked.

“Yeah”

“Well let me go and get my cart and we will see what we can see today. I don’t think we will be able to see the sex because it is a little too early but sometimes they surprise us, but I will defiantly print you off some pictures to take home,” she said.

“Alright I can’t wait.” Dr. Bensen walked out of the room and brought in her cart with the ultrasound machine.

“I was reading and it says you have two other children were there any complications with any of those pregnancies?”

“Nope everything was normal.”

“Alright lay back for me and let’s see if baby decides to cooperate with us “Dr. Bensen squirted the cold jelly onto her belly and took her little Doppler and there a picture showed on the screen,” There we go,” Rayna looked at Nick who had been quiet for quite some time and his face was just beaming with excitement, but he was defiantly nervous all at the same time,” Here we have the head, chest, legs, feet and all ten fingers and toes and it looks like there could be two in there.,” she explained moving the Doppler all around her belly and then she turned a little knob on the machine and put the Doppler back up towards the chest of the baby and there was a heartbeat it was like music to her ears once again Rayna looked over at Nick he was still starting at the screen lost for words he was unsure of what to say.” Yea I think it is safe to say there are two little ones in there” she said

“You ok Nick?” she asked.

“Yeah I am fine I just can’t believe that’s our children right there, there are two tiny little people growing in your belly.” Rayna smiled the doctor was measuring and then suddenly stopped.

“Everything ok?”

“Everything is fine I didn’t mean to alarm you or anything I just happened to notice the babies was in the right position if you guys want to know the sex.” Rayna looked at Nick and they both nodded,” Well I am almost 100% that they are girls but I cannot be certain as it is really too early to tell but we will know better at 20 weeks and get a better picture.” Inside Nick did a little happy dance but then also knew what came with having a girls-boys he didn’t even want to think of every way he would hurt a boy if he messed with one of his daughters hell he doesn’t even want to look forward to it when Olivia gets into her teenage years.,” Here are your pictures and I will see you in a month they will start to flutter soon so be looking out for that and start keeping track of when it happens”

“Will do. Thank you” Dr. Bensen walked out of the room and Rayna handed the pictures to Nick,” Now you can show them off to everyone tomorrow,” Rayna smiled. Nick was still in the state of shock that he was holding pictures of his child in his hands.” You sure you are ok?”

“Yes I am fine,” he reassured,” I just can’t believe it I guess it’s all surreal, and twins? And both girls? Boy she will never ever get to leave the house when they turn into teenagers they can just forget it I know what teenage boys are thinking these days and it will not be happening to any of my daughters. It all just now clicked in that we will have two teenage daughters ugh” Rayna laughed,” What?”

“You are so cute when you are ranting”

“Very funny how about we go home I am starving!”

“Good idea” Rayna couldn’t help but smile all the way home everything was going to work out maybe this baby was the right timing or was it?