- Text Size +

 

He walked into his lonely Florida home and set his keys down on a table that set next to the door. It had been a little lonely these days since him and his girlfriend of three years split. She couldn’t handle the media attention anymore, which unfortunately comes with the territory of dating a famous pop star, but she knew exactly what she was getting into when they started dating in the first place. He walked into the kitchen and there wasn’t anything to cook. His girlfriend did all of the cooking, it didn’t matter how late it was it was always there for him when he got home from a long day at work.  He grumbled to himself as he walked back through his kitchen and grabbed his keys off the little table and got into his car and drove to the grocery store.

He walked down the frozen food isle and grabbed some simple frozen pizzas and put them into his cart, being so late at night he didn’t feel like cooking. He walked up and down all the isles in the store just putting whatever he could find into his cart he was feeling lonely and figured a few snacks couldn’t hurt him. He walked up to the nearest cashier and started putting his items on the belt.

“Hello Sir, did you find everything okay tonight?” she asked.

“Yea, just been a long day is all. I think I am going to go home pop in these pizzas and have a nice relaxing night in front of some video games” he replied as he flashed a smile.

“That sounds like fun! I’m not much of a gamer, but I have four brothers who are always playing some kind of game” She chuckled. He gave her a smile and swiped his debit card.

“Have a good night Stacy” he smiled as he grabbed his groceries and drove home.

XXXXXXXXXX

                Thirty-one hundred miles away in Washington she was trying to settle her children down, but this just wasn’t quite working out in her favor. She had always been a little bit of a pushover when it came to her kids.  She has been a single mother since her son was first born even though she and her boyfriend were “together” they lived in different states. They were together but she felt abandoned by him because he refused to help with the kids financially she had to do it all he just gave up and then a drunken night and before she knew it her daughter was born. She had to live with her parents and three younger sisters until she could get out onto her own, but that was starting to feel almost impossible.

                “Hunter, leave your sister alone” she said raising her voice. Hunter looked at his mother who was giving him a stare down. Hunter just smiled and knocked his little sister in the head with a toy,” Hunter James!” she exclaimed she walked over to the little brown haired boy,” You need to apologize to your sister right now” he shook his head no,” Hunter you have two choices either you say you’re sorry or I will put you into the corner for a time out.”

“I sowwie sissy” he said. She knelt down to his level.

“Hunter, look at mommy. You can’t do that to your sister, you can really hurt her.” She hugged the little boy.” Now, go play by yourself for a little bit.” She watched Hunter run towards the direction of his building blocks. She let out a sigh and walked over to her daughter.

“Its’ ok baby girl, your brother is just having a bad day today” she said picking her up and kissing her forehead where Hunter had hit her. She took her and set her down by her own little pile of toys. She let out another sigh. She went and sat down on her computer and wondered if she would ever find anyone who would love her. Who would want all this baggage?  Their dad doesn’t care about them he just comes and visits when he feels like giving a shit for that month. She has gone out with friends who have attempted to set her up but once they find out she has two young small children they always make up some excuse to leave or they never call again. The whole situation was discouraging to her she was starting to give up on love, her boyfriend didn’t care if he didn’t care then who would? She didn’t want to give up she had two children who greatly depended on her.  She hopes one day she can forget her boyfriend and just find someone who loves her for her and mostly importantly loves her children the way that she does.