- Text Size +
Nick came home from a day of recording and didn’t see Rayna’s car in the driveway he thought it was odd. He parked the car and got out and then locked it behind him. He walked through the door and was greeted with screaming kids.

“Oh thank goodness you are home” Jane said walking into the living room and handing him Madison.

“Where is Rayna?” he asked.

“I don’t know Nick” she replied

“You don’t know? What did she do just get up and walk out the door?”

“Yes, its like she vanished I was in the kitchen looking for something to make for supper and all I heard was the door shut and her driving out of the driveway in her car. She has been fine all day.” Nick was worried about her Rayna had refused to get help for her depression even though she promised she would go through the process. She felt that she could deal with it on her own and with no one else’s help. The depression has only gotten worse after the court date with John and after they presented all the evidence on what happened with Melissa the judge still resided with John for 50/50 custody. The only good thing that has come out of this was he would need to pay for any plane tickets for them to come to him or he would have to move down to California and that wasn’t an option since he didn’t have any money. It still made her depressed none the less since he could come in any time and just take them whenever he wants.

“Did you try her phone?”

“All day and all it has done is rang and rang and rang but no answer”

“Call the cops?”

“They won’t do anything until she has been missing for twenty four hours.” Nick sighed he wondered where she could have gone he wondered why she would have just up and left like that this wasn’t like Rayna.

“Not much I can do then I guess I don’t know what to do”

“You have done all you can right now Nick. Tomorrow call the police and see what they can do” Nick sighed once more he remembered when he was at this stage of depression a few years back he did everything he could to numb the pain. The drugs and the drinking and not to mention getting the DUIs and almost overdosed at one point. He prayed Rayna wasn’t starting to go down this same path of destruction.

-------

Rayna was on the road and just kept driving she didn’t know where she was going but all she knew is she just wanted to go and escape for a while. She couldn’t handle it any longer and even though she had help twenty four seven she still felt like she was alone most of the time Nick hadn’t been home much and when he was home he was sleeping or doing something else. There had been days where she felt underappreciated for everything she does not only by Nick but some days by Jane too. She knew she was depressed and at times unhappy and she knew she had broken her promise to Nick but she wanted to try and work this out on her own first. She wanted to feel independent without the worries of children or a man she wanted “her” time. She saw her phone buzz again for the millionth time but she would always just silence it. She wanted to be alone she didn’t know when she would be going back this was her time to figure out who she really was and what she really wanted to do and who she really wanted to be. She also had to figure out what to do about John she didn’t want him to have any custody the children she was going to plan to appeal the courts somehow and someway. She didn’t want him in their lives in no shape or form especially after learning he fathered her best friend’s son.
The sun was starting to set now and Rayna pulled into a little motel and decided to camp there for the night maybe even for the week if she liked it. Rayna got out of the car and walked into the office.

“One room please”

“Cash or credit card?” the receptionist said as she snapped her bubble gum.

“Cash”

“35.38” Rayna handed her two twenty dollar bills.

“Just keep the change” Rayna smiled as she was handed her room key.

“4G is your room and check out is by noon”

“Thank you” Rayna parked her car and grabbed her bag from the back seat and walked up to her room she unlocked the door and walked in for a little motel room it was quite cozy and clean she almost expected it to be kind of dirty but you can never judge a book by its cover. She set her bag down over by the bed and decided to go to bed and get some much needed rest, rest she hasn’t had since Madison was born. After getting all settled into bed Rayna sat and thought about what she wanted to do tomorrow and where did she want to go and then it dawned on her-the beach! She hadn’t been to the beach in years and even though she lived by it there hardly was enough time in the day to travel 40 miles to the beach, but tomorrow was another day and for now all she wanted to do was get some sleep.