- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am sorry these chapter's were so short!
Rayna was now in Florence, Oregon where her grandparents used to take her as a child to the beach, and even though it was quite cold and chilly this time of year she still wanted to feel peace with the rushing waves across the sea. She found a nice little hotel along the beach and went ahead and rented it for the week. Rayna carried her bag up to the fourth floor and unlocked her door and walked in and set her bag down next to the door. She walked throughout the room she had never been in anything quite so fancy even when she was with her grandparents. She walked out onto the balcony and heard the rushing waves and the smell of the sea she was starting to feel bad that she abandoned Nick and the kids and wished Nick could be there with her. She decided to go ahead and text Nick and let him know that she was ok and that she would be back soon. She didn’t want him to worry.

-------------------

Nick heard his phone buzz and he prayed that it was Rayna.

“I am okay I won’t be gone long I promise tell the kids I love them. Love you”

Nick was relieved that she was ok but he wondered where she was. Nick set Madison in her playpen and walked down the hall into the playroom where Jane was keeping Hunter and Olivia occupied.

“I just got a text from Rayna I don’t know where she is but she is ok” he said.

“Can you trace the text?”

“I can do that?”

“Oh Nicky I am surprised you didn’t know that you can trace just about anything these days. Just take it down to the police station and they can find out what cell tower it was sent from and bam you have at least a city.”

“Do you mind watching them? Madison just ate so she should be napping now.”

“Go sweetie I got this if I need anything your sister Angel is in town today”

“Thanks mom” Nick gave Hunter and Olivia hugs and kisses and walked out the door. He drove quickly to the police station and he got out of the car and walked in.

“Hello I am hoping you can help me” he said walking up to the nearest desk.

“Sure what can I do for you?”

“Well you see my fiancé left yesterday and I have no idea where she is but this morning I got a text and I was hoping…”

“We could trace it for you?” Nick nodded and brought out his cell phone,” Normally I wouldn’t do this but I think I can make an exception” he smiled.” Wait here and I will see if Officer Owens is in today.” Nick sat and waited by the desk for a few moments and saw Officer Weltch come back to the desk,” Follow me” the officer led Nick to a small room,” This is officer Owens and he will be able to help you today”

“Thank you so much” Officer Weltch nodded and walked out the door.

“Here take a seat.” Officer Owens pulled out a chair for Nick and he sat down.” Now all I need is her number and we can ping the nearest cell tower it came from and it will only take just a few minutes” Nick gave the officer her number and like he said just within a few minutes he had a location,” Looks like she it was sent from Florence, Oregon” Nick was confused,” Not go to Oregon much I take it?”

“She hasn’t been there since she was a kid her grandparents used to take her there. I guess it makes sense the ocean always calmed me and helped me think through some tough times. Thank you so much officer Owens” Nick stood up from his chair and shook his hand.

“No problem” Nick walked out of the tiny room and proceeded to walk out of the station and now it was time to hunt Rayna down this wasn’t going to be easy but he was going to go and find her he just had too. He was afraid of losing her and he certainly didn’t want that.