- Text Size +
Rayna sat on her balcony enjoying listening to the wave’s crash against the rocks by the hotel and the seagulls squawking above the water looking for their next meal. It was 10am Rayna enjoyed getting up at a later time and even though it was a cool morning she was enjoying the peace and quiet none the less, she missed everyone back home though she even considered cutting her trip short just to head back home, but she figured since she paid for the room she might as well enjoy it. Rayna heard a knock at the door.

“I wonder who that is. I don’t think I ordered any room service,” she said aloud walking back into her room. She walked to the door and looked through the peep hole and she couldn’t believe who was standing on the other end. She unlocked the door and opened it and there was Nick standing there thankful he had found her at last,” How did you find me?” she asked.

“After calling over a dozen hotels looking for Rayna Johnson I remembered what they used to call you in high school and then bingo I found you” Rayna sighed.

“ I didn’t exactly want to be found Nick which is why I used that name and I was meaning how did you even know I was here in Florence?”

“Easy, I traced your text”

“Figures”

“What? Do you not want me here? Are you not happy to see me? I was worried as hell about you Ray. Can I at least come in?” Rayna moved aside and let Nick into the room.

“Of course I miss you and I miss the kids but I came here to think all of my thoughts through. I didn’t even think about this place until last minute I was just going to say in California but I decided here would be the best and I knew you used to think along the ocean beaches and I thought what the hell”

“Why did you just leave? I don’t understand that part of everything. Mom just said you just got up and left it worried me and worried the kids have been asking for you nonstop and Madison doesn’t really like mom so she isn’t cooperating with her right now. It has been very difficult.” Rayna went and sat down in a nearby chair and looked at Nick.

“I was just tired Nick. I had a long night with Maddy and then when I woke up that morning your mother was on another one of her rampages about the house looking like a tornado went through it. Hunter and Olivia were on one that morning as soon as they got up so I just said fuck it all and left probably not the smartest thing to do but I was just so fed up with it all” she explained,” And the worst part of it all is that she doesn’t even care how she treats me. Everyday its something different and you haven’t been home enough to see it all. Once you come home you hide out in your office or you go to sleep” Nick went over to Rayna and took her hand and pulled her up from the chair she was sitting in.

“Come here,” he said pulling Rayna in for a hug, “I’m sorry,” he apologized,” You should have come to me I would have taken care of it running away doesn’t change anything,” he said,” And I know you still have been depressed about the whole court thing, but I promise we can try and work that out we can appeal it somehow I am not sure how but we will. When you ran off I was so worried about you I was worried you weren’t going to come back and I would have lost you forever” Nick started to choke up a bit,” I don’t want to lose you because me and you we are meant to be together and I believe it in my heart that we were meant to go through all of this bullshit along the way to be tested somehow. I wish I can explain it but I can’t” He pulled Rayna in for another hug and gently kissed her lips.

“I didn’t mean to scare you. I wanted to call you a million times but I needed to think I needed to gather my thoughts before I just couldn’t take it anymore,” she said as tears started to form in her eyes,” You know I am not the best when it comes to talking its just something I have had trouble with my entire life I feel so bad I made you worry I just wanted to get away,” a tear rolled down Rayna’s cheek.

“Baby, please don’t cry I understand everything I have been down that path believe me. It was not pretty the only difference is you have me. I didn’t have anyone I was alone. Everyone was married well with the exception of AJ but he still had girlfriends and I feel like I wasn’t important anymore, and my family didn’t seem to care they weren’t around for me. I had to go through my darkest days alone even when I almost overdosed,” he hugged Rayna again,” Look I promise I will try and pay more attention at home to what is going on around me and I will try not to work so hard either. I know I haven’t been the greatest man for you and for the kids but I will try harder and we both need to communicate more,” Rayna looked at Nick, and Nick wiped away her tears that were rolling down her cheeks.

“I guess we both have a lot to work on,” Nick nodded his head in agreement.

“We still have kinks to work out but we will work them out together as a team. We have only been together for eight months but known each other for over a year no one is perfect,” Nick kissed her once more,” Why don’t we go and do something today we have no kids, its just the two of us and I took the rest of the week off”

“You did?”

“Yes I did mom said she would watch the kids for me and we can always go home though,” Rayna shook her head.

“No I think we should take this time alone before you knocked on the door I was going to go for a walk on the beach.”

“See we think alike already I was just going to say we should do that and even though it is not as warm as California at least you will have me to keep you warm.” He winked. Rayna smiled.

“Let me go and get dressed and we can go for a walk.”
Rayna was dressed just a few minutes later and out the door they went down to the beach. As they were walking down the beach Rayna noticed that there was just an arch in the middle of the beach.

“Awe how romantic someone is getting married” As they walked closer Rayna noticed a smile on Nick’s face,” What are you smiling about?”

“Nothing”

“Something is up when are you going to learn you are just a terrible liar,” she playfully hit Nick in the arm, but Nick wasn’t going to budge this was his surprise to Rayna. When they got to the arch Brian, AJ and Howie came walking out of the middle of nowhere,” Nick what in the world is going on?”

“I know we were just planning on getting married in Vegas but I didn’t want to wait anymore and since we already did all the paperwork for the courthouse I was able to get it transferred rather quickly to the state of Oregon. I just want to be your husband now and I know it may not be your dream wedding or anything but I just wanted this so bad and we can always do something else later” Rayna smiled at Nick.

“What would you have done if we hadn’t taken this walk?” Nick shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t know” he laughed,” Probably would have drug you down here but my question is will you still have me even though I am a pain in the ass?”

“Of course this is perfect Nick. I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Nick and Rayna walked up to AJ, Howie and Brian and exchanged hugs,” I am so glad to see you guys, but I do have a question where is the minister?”

“I got that covered,” Brian said as he got in front of Nick and Rayna. He pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket,” I took one of those online minister class things and I know this little piece of paper may not be a bible but it will due for now,” he chuckled. A smile ran across Rayna’s face this whole thing was perfect it was the best surprise anyone could ever ask for,” I have never done this before so please forgive me “As Brian started the ceremony Rayna couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear she was excited to finally become Mrs. Carter she dreamt of this as a teenager but didn’t think in a million years it would ever actually happen.

“I do,” Rayna said. Brian looked at Nick and started talking. Nick smiled at Rayna he would have never thought that he would ever be in this position of getting married let alone meeting someone on World of Warcraft. It was the last place he would have thought to look for love. He knew Rayna was his soul mate and he was glad he was finally getting married to her.

“I do” Nick said with a beaming smile on his face.
“With the power invested in me though the lovely World Wide Web I can now officially announce you husband and wife and don’t forget to kiss her” Nick and Rayna shared a kiss. AJ. Howie and Brian all clapped and congratulated them.

“Thank you guys so much for being here I cannot thank you enough” Rayna said.

“Well you are welcome we are happy to have you in the backstreet family. I would say let’s all go out and celebrate but its only like 11am and I think we have a plan to catch back to LA so we shall let y’all go on your honeymoon” Brian said giving out last minute hugs AJ and Howie followed.

“Congrats Nick and Ray “Howie said giving each of them a hug.

“Thanks D,”

“We will see you in LA next week. Rochelle and I want to have to over for dinner,” AJ said giving Nick a big hug.

“Sounds like Rok may be doing another wedding soon,” Nick chuckled.

“Hey man you never know. We well don’t want to keep you any longer see you soon,” Rayna and Nick watched the guys pile into their last minute rental car and drive off down the road. Nick took a hold of Rayna’s hand

“What about the arch?” she asked.

“Eh don’t worry about it they will come and take it down later.”

Rayna nodded and they slowly walked back to their hotel room now as Mr. and Mrs. Carter