- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The story has finally come to an end. I want to thank you for everyone who has been reading and following along with this story, but don't worry a sequel IS on its way :)
Rayna and Nick arrived at home with Darren in tote when they pulled up there were welcome home signs and big blue balloons galore. Rayna looked at Darren and smiled and then looked at Nick who also had a big ole smile on his face. Nick stopped the car in the driveway and the doors unlocked Nick stepped out shut the door behind him and then opened the door for Rayna. She unhooked Darren from his car seat base and walked up to the front door. Nick opened the door for her and when they walked in it was silent.

“Daddy!” Madison screamed running in from the kitchen.

“Pumpkin!” Nick exclaimed as he scooped her up into a hug.

“Uncle Bri!” she pointed towards the back door.

“Well then I guess maybe we should go and sneak back there.” Madison led Nick through the kitchen and he saw his mom started to get the burgers all prepare,” Hey mom,”

“Oh Nick I didn’t hear you come in. I wasn’t expecting you guys for another hour or so. I was just getting these burgers ready for Brian to start grilling,”

“Well we were a little eager to come home I am surprised you didn’t hear Maddy screaming for joy in the living room.”

“She has been doing it off and on all day long with everyone here I just assumed that someone was out there with her I guess. Well everyone is in the back. Be a dear and take these out to Brian please.” She said handing him a plate full of uncooked meat. Nick and Rayna walked out onto the back porch with Darren. Nick walked over and handed the plate to Brian.

“Oh my goodness isn’t he just the cutest little thing I have ever seen” Leighanne said getting up from his seat.

“Nick you are going to have your hands full when he gets older,” AJ said Rayna giggled.

“Yeah its going to be one crazy ride I am sure”

“I agree,” Nick chimed in,” But I think we are up for the challenge” Nick smiled at Rayna.

“I know I am” Nick just kind of stood there from the distance just looking at everyone around him he was just looking in amazement at everything he has had to go through this last year. He was lucky to have everyone in his life. Backstreet was better than ever right now he had a wife who loved him to pieces and he had four beautiful children who thought the world of him he couldn’t ask for anything better; now let the real journey begin.