- Text Size +

 

It was a new day in the Johnson household. The day had begun just like any other day she got up with the kids did breakfast, snack, lunch, and then nap peace and quiet at last! Rayna decided to hop onto her computer and check out her Facebook to see if her boyfriend had messaged her, and to her surprise there was nothing.

“Ugh,” she groaned,” It’s like I never exist anymore. Why do I even bother wasting my time? He never answers my phone calls, emails, or Facebook,” she said aloud to herself. She closed out her web browser and then opened up her windows media player and fumbled through some of her favorite song and she came across a song from Blake Shelton.

If we had known our love would come to this

We could have saved our hearts the hurt, of wasted years

Well it’s been fun what else can I say?

If the feelings gone words won’t stop you anyway

If being frees worth what you leave behind

And if it’s too late for love to change your mind

Then it’s goodbye time

Rayna sang along with the song. As much as she wanted to leave him she wanted to make things work between them for the sake of the kids, they deserve a father.

XXXXXXXXXX

It was just another day at the recording studio for Nick, him and the guys were in the process of recording for their latest album “This Is Us”.  Nick was late to the studio he had woken up late as normal. He had a lot on his mind from the night before.

“There he is,” Brian said.

“Yea, sorry I am late my alarm didn’t go off in time,” he replied.

“Which is code for I was up late playing video games all night long” he laughed.

“Whatever Rok, I was only on there for an hour. I had other shit that happened” Nick shot back.

“Wanna talk about it?’ Brian asked. Brian had always been his best friend even when him and Leighanne got married they still remained really close. Nick let out a sigh.

“Do we even have time? I am already late as it is”

“You might be late but look around you bro Howie Is still M.I.A” he looked around and saw Brian was right.

“It’s Kara, she called last night. She apologized about everything and wants to reconcile” he said.

“Dude! You’re insane if you take her back. She isn’t worth it. She’ll just end up hurting you again or worse use you again. Please tell me you aren’t considering this.” Nick ran his fingers through his hair,” What did you do?”

`”Nothing”

“Liar, you can’t lie you have always been a terrible liar. You told her you would get back together didn’t you?”

“Not exactly, I just told her I would think it over and then get back to her. No big deal really bro,” Brian gave Nick a disappointed look.

“I know you don’t want to hear this bro but my advice is don’t do it. I am tired of seeing you get hurt. All of us are just be careful bro, you just need to get back out there, there is someone for you, you just need to go and look for her,” Brian said,” I promise you will know when you have found the right person and it will all be worth it,” Brian walked into the next room. Nick knew he was right , but why did he keep going back to someone who clearly didn’t love him the same as he loved her. Nick pulled out his cell phone

“I’m sorry Kara…I just can’” he sent the text. He felt almost relieved one door was closed and maybe another one will open before he knows it.

"Goodbye Time" By Blake Shelton