- Text Size +

Another month went by and Rayna still hadn’t heard from John, now when she called it would go straight to voice mail and he wouldn’t even talk to her when she knew he was on Facebook. How can that even classify as a relationship? While Rayna didn’t have John to talk to she did have someone however who would listen. Shift and she have gotten closer since she seems to see him a lot more than John lately. Anytime Shift was online they’d talk for hours and run random’s together they almost acted like a couple if people didn’t know any better.

Shift: Rayna can I ask you a serious question?

Rayna: I guess.

Shift: Why do you continue to stick with John? From my point of view he doesn’t own up to any of his responsibility as a father let alone a parent.  I mean shouldn’t he be there helping you?

Rayna sighed.

Rayna: It’s complicated Shift. I love him, but I don’t all at the same time. I mean it is hard yes, but he enjoys doing this taekwondo thing and if he takes over the business for Hunt we will have it made.

Shift: But what if it doesn’t pan out? I am sorry for bringing this up. I shouldn’t have, it’s not my place to discuss your marital status or even give you advice when I can’t seem to keep a hold of my own. I am just worried about you.

Rayna: It’s ok Shift. I understand why you are so concerned and worried. If I was in your position I think I would be worried about myself too. I figured if it didn’t pan out I could always go back to school even though I already tried that and I failed miserably but if I had to I would. I’d go get a degree and provide for my children with or without the help from John, and I am sure your love life is better than mine lol.

Shift: I am glad you have a backup plan in place, and no my love lift sucks. No love for this man but you will always have me :)

Rayna smiled. Shift made her smile quite often. She wished John was more like Shift. Shift cared about her asked about the kids every day. She found herself thinking about Shift and wondered who he was and wondered if he was thinking about her too.

Rayna: Well I am glad I have someone on my side. Any girl would be insane not to love you.

Shift: lol, they sure love me but they use me unfortunately, but that is a story for another time my dear. I have to get ready for work. I’ll be back on later tonight though.

Rayna: You know, I still don’t know what you do. You like refuse to tell me which makes me think you are some secrete agent or something hell maybe even a stripper lol.

Shift: A stripped eh? I could see how you would think that but no I am neither of those, believe me you would probably never guess in a million years. You will know soon enough and don’t think I don’t trust you or anything but it’s hard being me sometimes.

Rayna: I understand. I figured it wasn’t “easy” hell I don’t even know your name lol, but whatever it is your secret is safe with me. Anyway go get ready for work and I will see you on tonight :)

Shift: Hehe good to know

Shift signed off. Rayna was defiantly curious about Shift and what he does it made her wonder if he was famous or something.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nick started to get dressed and thought about Rayna. He knew she deserved to know about him he felt closer to her more than Kara, and Paris hell more than any other girl he has been with. Why was he so scared? Why couldn’t he just say “Hey, I’m a backstreet boy?” but would she believe him? She obviously wouldn’t laugh since she listens to them while she raids every week. Nick sighed.

“I guess I will talk to Brian and see what he thinks. This is killing me” Nick quickly grabbed his keys and headed out the door to the studio. He was the last one there, “Figures I think I am on time and I am late”

“Yo, Nick why are you late bro?” AJ Asked.

“I slept in I guess.”

“It’s noon you cannot lie worth shit you’re terrible at it. Who is the girl?”

“Why do you assume there is a girl?”

“You have that look on your face. You’re beaming like a pregnant lady” AJ chuckled. The rest of the guys came walking in.

“Did we hear Nicky boy is talking to a girl?” Howie asked.

“You know you all are worse than a bunch of teenage girls” Nick said.

“And your point is? Who is she” Brian asked.

Nick sighed.

“You’ll never understand when I tell you this believe me.”

“Nick, I think we have heard it all by now we will find out one way or another” Nick let out another sigh.

“I met her on World of Warcraft,” the guys started to chuckle,” I being totally serious here guys. I got into this guild and we just sort of hit it off. The only downside is, she is engaged and has two kids a boy and a girl. I haven’t told her who I am yet she doesn’t even know my name but I am pretty sure if I tell her she will either a) freak out or b) just not believe me.”

“Why would she freak out?”

“She has like a whole backstreet library playlist thing she listens to every week while we raid,” Nick chuckled,” I know this is crazy and hell I don’t even understand it myself but she makes me happy and this is completely different she lives in Washington, but I don’t know what to do I guess. I am afraid I have completely fallen for this girl who is getting married one day, but I guess I am hoping she feels the same way about me.”

“Well I think we can all say the same thing Nick, just go for it. You will never know unless you just do it. She could be the one and if you never went for it you may regret it, but I would find out if she feels the same since she is engaged in all. Do you think she feels the same way about you even though she doesn’t know who you are?” Brian said.

“I don’t know I just have a gut feeling I guess. I feel like we are a couple without even realizing we are a couple. Its hard to explain, but I will do some thinking and see what I can come up with.”

“As nice as this little therapy session is about Nick’s love life we probably should start getting to recording.” Howie said.

Howie was right. What does he have to lose? If it doesn’t work out they can still be close friends and if it works out he will finally be complete.