- Text Size +

Nick often thought to himself about Rayna. He couldn’t help it he was falling for her. He hoped she was feeling the same way even though she was engaged to be married. They both knew it wasn’t a healthy relationship but he understood why she wanted to try and work things out. Nick’s phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?”

“Hey bro what’s up?” It was Brian.

“Not much just sitting here bored in my living room and bored out of my fracking mind.”

“Not playing with your WoW girlfriend?”

“She isn’t on right now the kids were being terrors so she had to get off”

Brian kind of chuckled

“Well kids’ tend to make you kind of busy. You really like her don’t you?”

“Rok, I think I am just completely falling for this girl. I haven’t even seen a picture yet been too chicken I guess, but this is different, this is real”

“Then stop sitting there wondering and just tell her didn’t we just have this conversation last week? You need to tell her. You can’t just sit there and wonder forever if you do that you may lose the one person you will ever truly love”

“What if..” Nick started to trail off but was interrupted.

“Stop! The wondering and the “what ifs” won’t help; you need to understand what I am telling you. I am sure Rayna’s friends are telling her the same thing back in Washington. You just need to go and get off your ass and go for it.” Nick sighed.

“How do I always manage to get myself into these situations?”

“Cause it’s you,” Brian laughed,” But in all seriousness because you get attached and then it’s hard to let go, but you can let go of the past and move on. If this girl is worth it won’t make any difference that you dated Kara, Paris, or all the other girls you have been with because Rayna is the one you truly want and will love forever. You just have to make up your mind and see if this is worth taking the risk. There are a lot of feelings and a ton of stuff to get used, and also think about her kids there are two little ones here and if you’re not ready to go for it you don’t want them feeling abandoned especially if they get attached to you. I am sure your heart has made up its mind but now your head needs to do some thinking. I am here to talk anytime bro. I would talk some more but Leighanne needs some help in the kitchen its family pizza night.”

“Thanks Rok, for everything.”

“Anytime” Nick hung up the phone. Brian was right his heart was in the right place. He loves Rayna but he doesn’t know her children he hasn’t even physically seen her he just knows the heart and soul of Rayna from their late night talks on World Of Warcraft. Nick decided to log onto WoW for a little bit to get his mind off of everything and Rayna was online and within seconds Nick had a message from her.

Rayna: Hey you! Been waiting for you.

Shift: Yeah sorry I was on the phone with a friend.

Rayna: Everything ok? You have been down lately. Are you having girl problems? ;)

Shift: Not really girl problems, but I DID want to talk though.

Rayna: Alright, I am all ears kids’ are napping.

Shift: I think its time for you to know who I am, and what I do I just hope you understand why I haven’t told you yet.

Rayna: Shift, you know I will always understand just like you understand me.

Shift: I am Nick…from the Backstreet Boys and I couldn’t tell you because I was too chicken I didn’t want you to run away or not take me seriously because I really like you and I really care about you. If you don’t want to talk to me I understand completely. My heart has been hurting because I haven’t been able to tell you the truth, and I wanted to tell you so bad, but I just wanted to you know that I care about you very much and I will always be here for you no matter what the outcome of this conversation is.

Nick was relieved to get everything off his chest and out into the open but he was scared all at the same time.

Rayna: Why couldn’t you just tell me? You say you can trust me with everything but you keep this from me? Believe me I get why it is so hard being you, you’re fracking famous! This is hard for me to process right now hell I don’t even know what to think how can I be so sure that his IS you?

Shift: If you have known my track record with girls that is why I didn’t tell you, too scared of getting hurt for the first time in my life I am happy. I enjoy your company I can forget I am a Backstreet Boy and just be normal no talking about where are we going to go on our next vacation or where our new house will be or I need a new car. I got tired of every single person using me Rayna. I couldn’t risk it, my heart couldn’t take it. I can honestly give you proof that this IS me if you want it, just give me a few minutes and check my twitter and Facebook account and you will see the proof.

All Nick saw was Rayna logging off. He felt heartbroken all over again. He let himself get attached to someone he has never met but he still decided to prove to Rayna that his was indeed him whether she saw the photo or not.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rayna had a hard time being able to process it all. It was more of a matter of believing him than anything. If was truly who he was why couldn’t he just say it they were good friends in all. Rayna knew it was him deep down after all he was her favorite Backstreet Boy she decided that she would go and check out this “message” and see if he kept his word. She didn’t have a twitter account so she logged onto her Facebook and sure enough just like he promised he was holding a piece of paper which wrote

“Hi Rayna, Hunter, and Olivia…I hope to see you in the world of Azeroth…and Rayna I’m sorry”

His page was already booming with comments on who is Rayna and why was Nick apologizing could Rayna get used to being under a microscope twenty-four hours a day could she subject her children to this? She was still with John Rayna had a lot of thinking to do.