- Text Size +

Nick hadn’t seen or heard from Rayna. He figured she had already made up her mind. He felt sad and just heartbroken. He couldn’t help but feel sorry for himself getting attached when he clearly knew it was just too good to be true. At the same time, she needed to know who he was because he couldn’t just keep it a secret forever. The media was going crazy over the messages he sent via twitter and Facebook. He had yet to explain the message and he probably never would especially if she never talked to him again.

Nick decided to log onto World of Warcraft for the first time in a week. He was getting ready to leave guild when he saw Rayna pop online. His heart sank into his chest.

Rayna: Hey, I wanted to apologize to you for not responding, I had a lot to think about.  I had to make up my mind and just listen to myself. I know you are wondering what my answer is, but I honestly don’t have one right now. I can tell you that we are still friends. I understand why you couldn’t tell me you were a Backstreet Boy. I have followed you for years. I know everything about you, so maybe I just didn’t want to get hurt or get my hopes up and have them come crashing down. I hope you can forgive me, Nick.

Nick just sat there in his chair. Rayna put a smile on his face, despite all the stuff she had just put him through over this last week. She made him happy and was the one he wanted to spend forever with, whether she realized it or not.

Nick: I am sorry too, Rayna. I should have told you. You have no idea how relieved I am that you still want to be friends. I really do care about you more than you probably will ever know. Well... now that we have gotten everything cleared up... is it possible to finally see you? Like a picture perhaps? I noticed there weren’t any on your Facebook page.

Rayna: That’s because I don’t have any of me up there…believe me... I am no super model or anything. I'm just an ordinary girl, but if you really want to see one I will send you one in a few days. I am still in shock mode here, but I promise you will get something... and after all... I know what you look like ;)  But it looks like my monsters didn’t stay sleeping long. I shall be back on later.

Nick: Fair enough see you later then :)

Rayna logged off. It was nice to know she would always be around, but the question of being more than just friends still remained.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rayna had a lot of decisions to make. To leave John or not, was the question that was weighing heavily on her mind. Her kids being around the media all the time, how would everything work when Nick went on tour with the boys? Would he call or would it be like it is now with John? She didn’t really have any friends to talk to about this kind of stuff. Most of them disappeared when she had kids. None of them liked John and didn’t want to deal with the drama. She was so confused on the whole situation. She was thinking of leaving John for good but how would she even determine that? What would just set her off to the point of just leaving? She was pretty sure her mind was made up, but her heart was entirely just not sure yet. It was too afraid of getting hurt.