- Text Size +

Rayna awoke from a strange dream, she dreamt of a late friend of hers. She was telling her to “let go” Rayna didn’t quite understand what this meant she almost thought it was some kind of a sign that she needed to let go of the past and move on. John wasn’t any good for her, he wasn’t around raising the kids or helping financially she was doing it all. She wanted some kind of sign to know that it was alright to let go. What would make this worth letting go? Having everything she would have ever dreamed of? Would everything just crash and burn and not work out? Then what would she do? She’d be in the same predicament she was in the first place living with her parents, no job and no money. As Rayna sat there and pondered her phone rang and to her surprise it was John.

“Hey beautiful, I’m sorry I haven’t called you in a while been busy work”

“Mhmm”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means sure you have been “busy” I got tired of calling you I figured you would call at some point to check on us, if you ever did”

“Don’t start this shit Rayna, you know I have been busy all I do is think about you and the kids. All of this work I am doing I am doing for us”

“But you aren’t even getting paid for it John. What don’t you understand about that? I am flat broke, I have no money, no job and my parents have to pay for everything right now.”

“But I will be in time. I have to go and we’ll finish this conversation later”

“You know what? No we won’t be finishing this conversation later. I am just done John I am just done with everything. I cannot deal with it any longer.”

“What do you mean by done?”

“Me, you, your job it's just everything.” All Rayna could hear was the screaming of swear words on the other end of the phone.

“Just answer me this one question, is there someone else?” Rayna was silent she didn’t know what to say,” Well then I am just going to take that as a yes.” John hung up the phone. Rayna sighed that was not how she was expecting the conversation to go was this her sign from her dream? Maybe her heart was finally telling her John wasn’t worth the trouble and heartache, but why did she feel so terrible? A few minutes later her phone rang again.

“Hello?”

“Hey Ray its Hunt.”

“Oh hey, I assume you heard everything?”

“Yes, I did and I just wanted to call and say I’m sorry I feel like this is how some of my fault and I understand why you are so upset with him. He told me he hasn’t exactly been the best at communication for the last few months; he said you were more frustrated than anything.”

“Yes, I am frustrated with him, he keeps saying all these things and then they never happen he expects me to move down there. He doesn’t have any kind of plan on where we will be living, what we will be doing for money since he isn’t getting paid, which I totally understand by the way, I do not want to end up living on the streets with the kids all because he couldn’t get his shit together.”

“He seems to think there is someone else, is there? Please just answer me truthfully.” Rayna debated on whether to tell him or not.

“Yes, but it’s like nothing official or anything it’s not like I am cheating or anything, you should ask him about the cheating if this is what he is assuming. I haven’t even decided anything all I know is I cannot deal with him I just can’t after six years of putting up with his cheating and the verbal abuse I am just done Hunt.”

“Give me a month Ray. I can change him. I know I can, you just have to trust me.”

“No, I can’t do that I’m sorry. I took him back once and this is where it ended up. I cannot put myself through this mess again when it crashes and burns. I am sure this messes with your business Hunt and I am sorry about that.”

“No, I understand Ray. He is pretty upset right now and is kind of capable of anything but I will keep you posted. I don’t think he will hurt anything around here other than himself, but I can straighten him out if needed.”

“Alright,” Rayna hung up the phone and logged onto WoW to find John in the middle of Dalaran yelling obscenities towards her and everyone wondering what in the was going on.

Nick: What in the world is going on Ray?”

Rayna: ugh! That is John pissed off because I told him off just a few minutes ago. He had the nerve to call up and say he was sorry for not calling blah blah blah and I told him off I was just so irritated and I had enough of his shit. It just wasn’t working out.

Nick: Damn and I missed the conversation? I wasn’t really expecting it to happen that quickly I guess so what now?

Rayna: I don’t know, but we should probably give everything a few days to settle down around here because now I have to go and sort out this mess that John caused in the middle of Dalaran and within the guild too, but I think shit just literally hit the fan.

Nick: Alight, but this is a good thing for us isn’t it?

Rayna: Yes, it’s a good sign for us

Nick: :) Well I have some stuff to do, but if you need me you know where to find me.

Rayna: Mk, see you soon! :)

 She saw him log off. Rayna continued to try and sort everything out between all the whispers from guild mates, friends and even random people wondering what in the world was going on. Rayna was starting to question herself all over again wondering if this was a good idea after all.