- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is the sequel to The Truth Between the Lies.  You've heard the Grey Sisters' stories.  Now it's time to find out how Calleigh Carter and Reese McLean fared growing up as the very spoiled daughters of Nick and AJ of the Backstreet Boys.

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Prologue

 

Jade

 

            You'd think that after years of being estranged and a weekend of bonding, confessing, and healing, my sisters and I would be ok, right? Wrong.  Things with Lilly only got worse. MUCH, MUCH worse.  Let me tell you what happened.

            After the weekend of healing, as Aspen and I called it, I did move back to Cali with Calleigh.  (No, I did NOT name her after the state!) I was settling in nicely, Nick and I were getting closer, and he was bonding beautifully with his daughter.

            Aspen and AJ were doing GREAT! Reese loved her Daddy. AJ bought a house and the three of them set up house as a family. Aspen even gave up the cupcake shop because she wanted to focus on Reese. She can stay at home and be what she always wanted to be. A mother.

            As for Calleigh and me, Nick wanted to move in with us.  The biggest part of me wanted to say yes, but my lingering doubts about his feelings toward Lilly kept me telling him no. Until Aspen and AJ's engagement party.

            It was fun. I was SO happy to see Aspen and Reese getting a fairy tale life from AJ. He doted on them, which made me love my future brother-in-law even more.

            Lilly seemed reserved at the party. And she drank a lot. She and Brian were trying, but there was one issue still between them. Nick. I saw her watching him. Every time she started getting closer to him, he'd move closer to me. At one point, he even pulled me into the men's room and had his way with me. I have to admit, not the most private place, but Nick was determined for me to know he's all mine.

            After the announcement of the engagement, I got pulled aside by Pam, who wanted to discuss my deadlines. It was at this point Lilly made her move. Nick never told me what she said before I showed up, but here's what happened.

            I went looking for Nick after Pam and I was finished. I saw her pull him down the hallway toward the bathrooms. I followed cautiously, afraid of what I might find.

I slowly made my way to the door, deathly afraid of what I'd find, but bound and determined that Nick was mine and no one would ever steal him from me. I eased down the hallway, listening at various doors for their voices. Outside the men's room I heard Lilly's throaty laughter and my heart clenched. I pressed my ear to the door in time to hear her say, "I know you want me Nick. You were watching me."

            My stomach knotted up. I heard Nick say, "Lilly, you're drunk. Why don't you go find your husband?"

            She whined, "I already fucked him. I wanna fuck you. Come on, Big Boy; let me see what you got hiding in those pants."

            I put my hand on the door handle and pushed down, slowly swinging the door open. I saw their reflection in the mirror. She was on the sink with her legs wrapped around his waist. Nick was trying to pull away, but she was holding his body with her impossibly long legs and had one arm around his neck. The other was tugging at her dress, trying to free her breasts for his perusal.

            He pushed away harder. "Dammit, Lilly, I don't want you. I don't want this. I love your sister. I thought you did too. I thought you loved Brian."

            She pouted. "I do love her. And I love him with all my heart. This isn't about love Nick. It's about you and me scratching an itch that's been there for years."

            I started to push my way in, but I stopped short when he said, "I thought I did want you, Lilly. For the longest time. Now I realize I only ever wanted Jade. I used you as an excuse not to let her get close. But it all changed. Everything changed when I realized just what I have with Jade. And how fucking stupid I was before. I'm not going to do this. I won't allow you to hurt her this way."

            I pushed the door open, garnering their attention. "What the hell do you think you're doing Lilly?"

            She dropped her legs. "Umm, nothing, Nick was...well, he wanted...FUCK Jade, you know what guys want!"

            Nick stammered, "I didn't...Jade, I swear to God this wasn't my idea! She..."

            I managed to assure Nick I wasn't mad at him.  I really wasn't.  My trust in him bloomed like a rose when I heard him tell Lilly I was all he wanted.  Not long after that, Lilly went into rehab, then her and Brian moved to Georgia.  He said it was to be closer to his family, but we all knew what it was really all about.  Keeping her and Nick apart.

            They came back to Cali once, the following June, for mine and Aspen's double wedding. Call it corny, which it was, but re-bonding with Aspen made me realize just how lucky I was to have her in my life. We wanted to share our wedding day.

            We managed to find time to sit and talk with Lilly. She seemed genuinely contrite about what had happened. She and Brian were happy, according to her. They had a new baby and I must say, my nephew stole my heart. But deep down inside, I just didn't trust her. Especially when I saw her watching Nick at the reception.

I'm glad they live on the East coast. She's the one person that could tempt Nick away from me. Not that I think he'd do it, but we all know about animal attraction. Shit happens and I'm glad we're not tempting fate.

 

Chapter End Notes:

We'd love to know what you think!!!