- Text Size +

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 9

Aspen

When I pull into the parking lot of the school to pick up Reese, she is standing there flirting with a group of boys. No wonder I worry about her.

Reese sees my silver Audi coupe and slowly walks over. She gets in and buckles up. “You trying to relive your youth?” She remarks sarcastically.

“Not really.” I look at her and chuckle. “I figured it would be cooler than your mom pulling up in a minivan.”

“Mom, this is L.A. nobody’s parents pick them up from school. For being a celebrity’s kid, I’m sure overprotected.” She sighs. Reese is still upset. I didn’t think she would get over it that quickly.

“You’ll thank us for it someday.” I pull onto the main road. “Anyway, I want to fill you in on some stuff before we get to the doctor’s.”

“Mom, we really don’t have to discuss this. It’s embarrassing enough without you going into detail.” Reese fiddles with her purse.

“Reese Elizabeth, if you think you’re mature enough to date and have sex then you get to deal with the consequences.” Reese doesn’t realize that I’m not totally comfortable talking about sex with her. I’ve always been open with her about everything, but that doesn’t make it easy. AJ is squeamish about talking to Reese about sex, so I get to do it alone.

“Fine mom. I’m waiting for the lecture.”

“Reese, this isn’t a lecture. Even though you’ve told us you haven’t had sex, dad and I want you to get tested for STDS.”

“What the fuck? This is unfair. I’m telling the fucking truth.” Reese yells.

“Enough with the foul language. You don’t need to curse to get my attention. You aren’t going to like what I’m going to tell you next.” I kept my eyes on the road.

“I haven’t the past few days. Why start now?” She mouths off. Reese and I were always butting heads. She has been a daddy’s girl all her life. At least I got the first three years.

“We also want you to get a pregnancy test. Just to be safe.” I pull into the parking lot.

As soon as I stop, she races out of the car. I take my time giving Reese some space to digest what I threw at her. Maybe it was wrong to spring it on her five minutes before her appointment. Damn, I was doing a horrible job raising a teenager.

Reese was sitting in the waiting room reading the latest issue of Cosmo. I took the seat next to her. “Did you check in?” I ask quietly.

“I’m Reese, not Hayden. Of course I checked in.” She says loudly. Everyone in the waiting room stares at us.

“Mind your manners.” She ignores me and continues to read. I grab the magazine and realize she’s reading an article about sexual positions. I quickly say a prayer of sanity to deal with my daughter. “Do you want me to go in with you?”

“Mom, this is embarrassing enough. You want me to be mature; then I can handle it on my own.”

“Reese McLean.” The nurse calls out. She gets up and stomps all the way into to the examining room.

I’m a nervous wreck sitting in the waiting room. In my heart I believe Reese, but my mind says it’s better to not let things get further out of control. She may be mad at me and her dad, but we are doing what we think is best.

I look around and see a young woman about nineteen or twenty with a swollen belly. I picture Reese looking like that and I feel a panic attack coming. What would I do if she was pregnant? I hope I don’t find out for a long time.

After our appointments, I take Reese out to dinner. (Yes, I had one, too.) I was hoping we could have a woman to woman discussion without an argument.

“So, was it as bad as you thought?” I pick at my salad.

“It was torture.” She dips her fry in mustard. “Nah, it wasn’t bad at all. Dr. Ballone was nice. We talked a lot and then she took some blood and stuff.”

“Did you learn anything?” I find it frustrating that I have to pull answers from her. Reese is usually a chatter box about everything. The one time I want her to be, she clams up.

“Mom, yes I learned a lot. Sex isn’t something to take lightly. There are a lot of things that can go wrong.  Abstinence is the only method that is 100% at preventing STDS and pregnancy. Oral sex is still sex. You have to be mature. Blah, blah, blah.” She rolls her eyes at me. “I know you’re trying to shield me from making mistakes. I get it.”

“Reese, you’re attitude astounds me. How can you be so blasé about it?” I wasn’t sure she got anything from talking with the doctor. I decide to remain calm and hear her out.

“Fine!” She gets a serious look on her face, as she flips her hair behind her back. “I understand the perils of sex. I could get pregnant or get a disease. I’m not going to be that stupid. Mom, please trust me.”

“I want to trust you, but I remember what it’s like to be young.”

“Mom, how did you deal with these feelings? When I’m with Jake I get these urges.” Reese looks down at her plate. “I like the way I feel when he kisses me and touches me. I forget about everything else and want to act on those feelings.”

Oh, lord. What do I say? I think for a minute. “It’s perfectly normal to feel that way. I still feel that way with your dad.” My daughter gives me a look of disgust. I’m kind of happy that I grossed her out. I take a long breath before I start to speak again. “Reese, I’m going to tell you something that I’ve never told anyone. I don’t want you to judge me, but I think you need to hear this.”

“Mom, I know about your one night stand with dad.”

I ignore her comment and start telling her a story no one knows. “When I was fourteen, I had the biggest crush on Aunt Lilly’s boyfriend. He was seventeen. One night when she was working, and I was home alone, he stopped by. He flirted with me. I ate it up, thinking I was the coolest girl.”

“Did you sleep with him, Mom?” Reese stares at me.

I nod my head. “He didn’t have a condom and said he would pull out. Unfortunately, he didn’t. I was so scared. Lilly was going to kill me if I got pregnant by her boyfriend.”

The look on my daughter’s face is one of mixed emotions. “You didn’t get pregnant?”

“No, I was very lucky. Reese, I wasn’t ready to have sex. That guy used me and thought nothing of it. Sex is a beautiful thing, when the time is right. I urge you to wait until you are older and in a loving, healthy relationship.”

Reese wipes a tear from her eye. “I’m sorry, Mom. That had to suck.”

 

I get into bed and start reading a book as AJ enters the bedroom. He undresses until he’s naked. I admire his body from behind my book. Tonight I’m glad my husband sleeps in the buff.

“Sorry, things got busy at the studio.” He apologizes as he gets into bed.

“It’s okay.” I sigh.

“What’s wrong?” He takes my book and places it on the nightstand.

“Long day.” I snuggle down in the covers.

“Aspen, I know things have been crazy these past few days. I’m sorry for acting like an ass with you and Reese.” AJ apologizes and places a sweet kiss on my lips.

“I understand, AJ. Things with us have been off for a while. Our relationship has been strained.” I let it all out. “It’s been so long since we’ve been intimate.”

“Baby, I love you. You’ve shown little to no interest in having sex lately.”

“That’s not true. You’re such a liar, AJ.” I raise my voice.

“Every time I try to be close with you in bed, you push me aside.” He states as he takes my hand in his.

“You must be losing your touch.” I reply frostily.

“I saw you with your vibrator getting off. It hurt. I figured I wasn’t good enough for you that you had to use something mechanical to make you cum.” AJ is pissed, I can tell by the look on his face.

“I was so horny, but you were ignoring me. What else could I do?”

“You could have jumped me. Why do I always have to be the one to initiate sex?” AJ pouts. I hate when he pouts.

I know that I should say something, but I have a better idea. I remove my hand from his. Then I straddle his waist. My lips barely graze his before AJ starts lifting up my shirt.

“I love that you aren’t wearing panties.” He pulls my shirt off. “How did things go with Reese today?”

“So-so.” I kiss him. “Can we talk about our daughter later? I want to make love to you, right now.”

“Fuck baby, this is such a turn on. Will you ride me baby?” AJ moans as I rub my pussy against his erection.

“Anything for you, sexy.” This is the first time we’ve ever had sex in a different position other than missionary, with our drunken one-night stand excluded. No, I wasn’t a prude. I knew what I liked and was comfortable with that.

His eyes light up. “Really?”

“Yeah, I think it’s time I put your needs ahead of mine.” I grind against him. “Now shut up and fuck me, Mr. McLean.”

We spend the rest of the night making love. I have to say, if I knew how good all these other positions were going to be; I would have tried them years ago. Sex was going to be fun for a long, long time.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you are enjoying the story. Let us know what you think! We love hearing your thoughts.