- Text Size +

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

Chapter 17

Aspen

AJ was going out of his way to avoid me. I knew he was pissed about the pregnancy. I didn’t plan on getting pregnant; especially until recently, we had sex about once a month.

“Mom, where’s dad?” Grayson collapses on the couch. “I need his help.”

“He’s in the garage. I think he’s cleaning the car.” I ruffle his hair. “Anything I can help you with?”

“No. Thanks mom.” He runs off toward the garage.

I sit on the couch watching Hayden play with her dolls. She reminds me of Reese at that age, except she had straight blonde hair and dark brown eyes. Hayden was quieter than her older sister.

It was hard to believe in less than a year, we would have another child in our family. Even though it was unplanned, I was going to love this baby with all my heart. My prayer was that AJ would love him or her just as much. This baby didn’t do anything; I was the one at fault.

“Are you going to ignore me?” I ask as he walked into the room.

He disregards my question. “Hay, you want to go visit Uncle Howie?”

“Sure. I can pway with Jonas and Farah.” She jumps up with excitement.

“I’m taking the kids to Howie’s.” He announces as he helps our daughter clean up her toys.

“What time will you be back? I’ll make sure to have dinner ready when you get home.” I stare at the carpet.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll make sure the kids get dinner.” He places the last doll in the toy box. “Let’s go Hay.”

 

Three hours later, I was sitting in the living room alone. With each hour I begun to get more pissed at AJ. Fine, be mad at me, but at least let me know why. I couldn’t handle the cold shoulder. Not being one to go to bed angry, this was killing me. He wouldn’t even sleep in the same room last night.

My stomach was growling, so I head into the kitchen to make myself some dinner. I look through the cupboards and see nothing I want. Heck with it, I find the take out menus. Greasy, comfort food sounds good right now.

Just as I got off the phone AJ walks in alone. “Where are the kids?” I ask calmly. I wasn’t going to get upset in front of him.

“They are staying at Howie’s overnight.” He sits down at the island.

“Don’t you think I should have known about this earlier? We just don’t cart our kids off to people.” AJ is back less than five minutes and we are having words.

“I didn’t. You’re acting like I threw them out of the car and drove off. Howie’s my best friend. We need to talk. I don’t think arguing in front of the kids is a good thing.”

“I agree with you. We’ve done enough of that lately. They don’t need to see any more of it. Reese blames it on herself. I hate that she thinks that.”

“Our kids have never been the problem. What’s happened between us?” AJ inhales sharply. I know this was killing him. Things between us had changed in the last year, and we would get over this hump in our marriage.

“Honestly, I’m not sure.” I get us some Cokes to drink.

“Things just aren’t the same. It’s like you stopped having sex with me and everything went downhill.”

“Why is it always about sex? You make it the problem, the answer, and everything in between. A relationship is more than just sex, sex, sex.” I am angry.

“I see I hit a nerve.” He laughs cruelly. “I forgot you have issues with sex. This is the one fucking time I wish you were more like your sisters.”

“Fuck you, AJ. You knew since the beginning that I had hang ups when it came to sex. You were fine with it in the beginning. I’m sorry I’m not humping you like a rabbit at all minutes of the day.”

The doorbell rings. I quickly run to get my food. I am starving and AJ can wait. When I get back to the kitchen, I open up my food and start munching on fries. I don’t offer any to AJ.

“You’re so busy with the kids or cleaning that you don’t even make time for me. Fuck, I practically have to beg you to touch me. What man has to beg his wife for sex? Nick doesn’t. Brian surely doesn’t. Hell even Howie gets laid regularly. I’m the only fucking man that doesn’t have sex with his wife.” He screams. I know he is frustrated, but this is ridiculous.

“How dare you compare me to my sisters or anyone else? That’s just downright mean.” I push my food aside. “Here AJ. Take me and fuck me right now. Right here on the counter or better yet the floor. Then you….”

AJ’s mouth is on mine. It is rough and hard, not what I am used to. There is something carnal about his kiss. My body starts to heat up. His tongue plunges into my mouth. I don’t think I have ever been turned on this much. Both of us slide off our chairs at the same time. My hands go around his neck, as his move toward my hips pushing me closer to him. 

I’m lost in the moment. AJ has the power to make me forget about everything. He is playing me, and I don’t like it. I am not going to be made a fool. I release my hands from him and back away.

“I thought you wanted me.” AJ glowers. I can feel his anger penetrating my body. “You always give such mixed messages. I can’t take it.”

“Honestly did you think I was serious? We’re fighting all the time, and you think sex is the answer. It’s not.”

“I don’t know what the fuck our problem is. All I know is I’m tired. I’m tired of it all.” He yells.

“Would you stop yelling at me? I hate it when you yell. I’m right here beside you. Why is this all my fault? Maybe you are just over sexed. That’s just as much a problem.” It is a low blow. In the heat of the moment I didn’t know what else to say. I want him to hurt as much as I am. I hate that he blames me for everything that’s wrong in our sex life.

“You know what? I’m sick of this shit. This game we’re playing is getting old. I’ve made sacrifices to make our marriage work.”

“Really?” I look at AJ like he is nuts. “Because I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Forget, Aspen. This isn’t getting us anywhere.” He starts to leave. “I’ll be sleeping in the studio. Don’t bother me.”

After he leaves, I sit down. I can’t even cry. Everything is getting out of control. Our problem is more than just our sex lives. I think it’s easier for us to blame it on that than actually figure out what is wrong.

Tomorrow is another day; I pray that things will be better tomorrow.