- Text Size +

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 21

 

Aspen

 

Jade’s situation scares me more than anyone will ever know. I’m glad that everything was okay in the end. I would die if anything happened to my sister or my niece. My own pregnancy is a major concern. So far everything was going normal. This is the first time I had major morning sickness. Personally, I think stress is what’s making me nauseous.

 

“Do you want some tea or coffee?” AJ asks.

 

“No, I’m fine.” I answer. Things are still strained between us. I can’t even talk to my husband.

 

“I’m glad Jade and Jasmine are doing well. That was scary.” AJ sits down on the couch across from me.

 

I’m angry. I can feel the anger start to boil inside me. “I don’t think Nick helped in the situation. What a fucking asshole he is!” I let it out.

 

“What are you talking about?” AJ is confused.

 

“The son of a bitch has been watching porn at their house. You know that’s like their number one rule he fucking broke.”

 

“So he made a mistake.”

 

“It wasn’t just any porno. It was Lilly’s porn video.” I stand up. “When I get that mother fucker alone, I’m going to give him a piece of my mind.”

 

“Calm down, Aspen. That’s between Nick and Jade. It’s not your business to interfere. Let your sister deal with him.”

 

“My sister could have died. You didn’t see how upset she was when she found the DVD. I’ll lay into his sorry ass if I want to.” I scream.

 

“So you want to cause them even more problems? They need to be a team right now, yet you want tear them apart. Geesh Aspen, I never realized how unfeeling you actually are.” The disgust on AJ’s face hurts. It’s like there is no love between us.

 

I can’t bear it any longer, I leave the room. I make myself busy in the kitchen. Hoping that the dishes take my mind off of things. I want things to be different, but I’m not sure what to do.

 

I hear the front door open. I peek through a crack in the door. Nick looks like crap. I wonder why he’s not with Jade.

 

“AJ man, she kicked me out. She fucking kicked me out of her hospital room.” Nick sits down and buries his head between his knees.

 

“What happened Nick?” AJ asks, even though he knows.

 

“I don’t know. Jade didn’t even say. We talked about Calleigh, then she got upset and told me to get out.  She doesn’t even want me to come back.” Nick leans back against the couch and looks at the ceiling. “She said Aspen will pick her up.”

 

I march into the living room. “You are nothing but a fucking, bastard, asshole, scumbag.”

 

“Umm...excuse…me?” Nick looks perplexed. He’s acting clueless, but I’m not buying his act.

 

“Why in the fuck would you bring porn into your house? Lilly’s porn of all pornos. You are nothing but a fucking idiot.” I bellow. Nick has me more than pissed.

 

AJ is shooting daggers at me. “Aspen, you need to calm down. Go back into the kitchen and come back when you can act like an adult. This is none of your business.”

 

“Fuck you, Alex.” I stare hard at him for a minute. Turning to Nick. “How dare you do that to Jade? She loves you with all her heart and soul. What kind of man are you?”

 

“Aspen, I don’t know what you are talking about. I haven’t seen that DVD in years. Hell the last time I watched it was with Jade. You got to believe me.” Nick says in agony. “I wouldn’t do that to her.”

 

I am too upset to even listen to Nick. I know he’s lying.  “Whatever Nick. Just leave Jade alone. She doesn’t need you adding any more stress to her life. She has Jazz to worry about.”

 

“Go to hell!” Nick yells. He actually scares me, he’s that angry. “You have no fucking right to butt into my marriage. Yours is falling apart. I can see why AJ doesn’t want to be around you.”

 

I look at AJ. He’s definitely on Nick’s side. I feel the tears in my eyes. There is no way I’m going to cry in front of them. I turn on my heels and go upstairs.

 

What the hell is AJ saying about our marriage? I’m sure he’s making me out to be the bad guy. I can’t deal with this. This isn’t how I thought being married to AJ was going to be.  I sit and cry my eyes out.

 

“I can’t believe you.”

 

I look up and see AJ leaning against the wall of our bedroom.  He’s looking angrier than I’ve ever seen him. He wasn’t this mad after Reese’s debacle with Jake.

 

“You need to mind your own business. You are worried more about Nick and Jade than our marriage. We are on the brink of losing it all. You don’t even care.”

 

His comments sting. How could think I didn’t care? “That is a lie. Our marriage is important to me. I don’t know what to do to fix it. How do we make it right when we don’t even know what it wrong?”

 

Silence fills the room. Neither of us know what to say or do. I’m at a loss, and I think AJ is, too. When did things go so wrong? I was feeling horrible about bringing a baby into this.

 

“Aspen, I love you, but this isn’t working.” AJ murmurs softly. His expression is one of pain and sadness.

 

“AJ, I love you, too. I wish things were different. This has been going on for so long. I’m tired of fighting with you.”

 

AJ walks over to the bed and sits next to me. He takes my hand in his. “I don’t want our marriage to end in divorce. I’m scared. We’re moving further apart each day. I don’t know you anymore.”

 

Divorce. I can’t believe he utters that word. I never thought about divorce when it comes to AJ and me. I feel sick to my stomach. 

 

I jump off the bed and run to the bathroom. I make it just in time to spill my guts. AJ doesn’t even come in to check on me. He’s not happy about the pregnancy. I get that, but to not even care about how I feel, that is harsh. I sit on the floor and think for a few minutes. I need to make some decisions about my relationship with my husband.

 

When I go back into our room AJ is gone. I find him downstairs in the studio. He’s fiddling with a guitar.

 

“AJ, I just want to let you know that I’m leaving. I think we need some space. There’s no reason for you to leave since you are recording. I don’t want to be in the way.” I try to remain strong, but all I want to do is cry.

 

“You actually think that’s going to help?” He looks at the ground.

 

“We’re living in the same house, and it’s not helping. Maybe we need time away from each other.” I pause to breathe. “I’m going to stay in the apartment above the old cupcake shop.”

 

AJ looks up at me. “I thought you sold that place.”

“I sold the shop, not the apartment. I’m going to pack a bag.” I start to leave. “I do love you AJ.”

 

He ignores me as I walk out the door.  My marriage is falling apart and there’s nothing I can do about it.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you are enjoying the story. Let us know what you think.