- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For all of you reading, thank you!!!  and for all the reviews that haven't been responded too, we do thank you and ask for your patience.  I know for me personally, spare time if not easy to come by this month.  I even worked today and it was my day off.  :)   But we SO love hearing what you think!!!! ~ D

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 30

 

Jade

 

            I tap my foot on the tile floor, waiting for my baby girl's plane to land. Calleigh is coming home and I'm thrilled.  The girls asked Aspen and I to meet them at the airport. Apparently they planned a surprise for their fathers.  Nick wasn't please to be left on baby duty.  He's decided poopy diapers are Mommy's domain.  Silly man.

 

            I smile.  Jasmine is 2 months old and growing like a weed. My eyes mist over every time I think of Nick holding her and singing to her. I caught him one night around 1:30 sitting in the nursery holding her and singing to her. I just leaned on the door watching him. He leaned down and kissed her tiny head gently and whispered, "You're so tiny, I feel like I'm going to break you." Tears swam in my eyes. "I'm glad you look like Mommy, Little Bit."

 

            Ever since then, he's dived right in and helped me every step of the way.  I frown slightly, thinking about my last doctor's visit. I'm still not cleared to have sex with my husband. My blood pressure hasn't come down since the delivery. The doctor says I shouldn't get over excited. OK, so yeah, I get excited thinking of making love to my husband, but I swear I think it would only HELP my blood pressure to scratch this particular itch. 

 

            I'm jarred from the x-rated thoughts of my husband when Aspen elbows me and mutters, "Earth to Jade! Where are you?"

 

            I shrug, shaking off my melancholy feelings. "Just thinking about Nick."

 

            I had already told Aspen what the doctor said. Frankly, she doesn't understand it either, but Nick was there and he won't even so much as LOOK at me like that until the doctor gives the all clear. "Still holding out on you, is he?"

 

            I nod and mutter, "More than you know. He threatened to sleep on the couch if I didn't quit rubbing up on him in bed. What am I supposed to do Red? Rape my husband?"

 

            She chuckles.  "Possibly.  He only wants you to be ok. You know that."

 

            I sigh deeply. "I know. But if he keeps holding out, I'm bringing the vibrator out of retirement!"

 

            I giggle hysterically as Aspen chokes on her water. When she catches her breath, she says, "If that doesn't get him going...I know AJ loves it when..."

 

            Her blush sets me off into full blown laughter. Ever since AJ bought her the cupcake shop and they started opening up, Aspen's been a different woman. I didn't really need to know she's into kinky sex with her husband, but seeing her happy and loving life again makes my heart sing. "Well, well, welcome to the world of kink Baby Sister!"

 

            She lowers her eyes, her cheeks burning with embarrassment. "Stop it Jade!"

 

            I just laugh and hug her tightly. "I'm glad things are ok now." Glancing over her shoulder, I squeal, "Their plane just landed! Red, they're here!"

 

 

            Twenty minutes later, my Calleigh rushes into my arms before I even got a good look at her.  She squeezes me tightly, "Mom, I'm SO glad you came!"

 

            I pull back and look at her. Her skin is a golden brown, thanks to the two week trip to Orlando Brian and Lilly surprised the kids with. "Calleigh, you look beautiful! I'm SO glad you're home!"

 

            She hugs me again, "Mom, it was so much fun! Thank you for letting me go!" She looks around. "Dad stayed home?"

 

            I nod, stepping back and hugging Reese as Calleigh hugs Aspen. "Well, you girls didn't want them here. What's going on?"

 

            Reese links her arm with Aspen's as she carefully looks her mother over. I can see Reese has matured a lot. Worry etches her face but she's careful not to let it show when she says, "We have a surprise for Dad and Uncle Nick. Can we have a big family dinner tonight? Please?"

 

            Aspen laughs. "Well, we kind of planned one. A welcome home party, if you will, at Nick and Jade's. IF we can drag Dad away from his newest find."

 

            I can't help but laugh. "Admit it Red, AJ has an ear for talent and Seth has it."

 

            After getting the girls bags, we head to the car. "Seth who?" Reese asks, fighting with her suitcase because one of the wheels won't turn.

 

            Once the bags are in the car, Aspen replies, "Seth Livingstone. Dad heard him singing at the grocery store and now he's hell bent on signing him. I'm not sure Seth is as into it as Dad is though."

 

            We start climbing into the car, but Reese is standing stock still by the door. "What's wrong Reese?" I can't help but worry after everything that's happened this summer.

 

            She ignores my question and practically screeches, "Dad's working with Seth Livingstone? HOW COULD HE?"

 

            Aspen sighs. "Reese, it's not a competition, now get in. You're causing a scene."

 

            Reese climbs in the back seat with Calleigh and bristles, "Mom, seriously, SETH? He's such a pain in the a..."

 

            Aspen turns her head sharply as I back out of the parking space. "Watch your language Miss!"

 

            Reese sighs deeply. "I'm sorry, ok? But really, why Seth?"

 

            Before Aspen can answer, I chime in, "He does have a great voice. And he's a pretty nice kid. Nick's helping him hone his drumming skills while AJ works with his vocals. He's pretty talented."

 

            Calleigh leans forward. "He sings and plays drums? Hey Reese, maybe he could..."

 

            Aspen turns, "Maybe he could what?"

 

            I check the mirror and see Reese shooting daggers at Calleigh. "NO! N-O NO!  Calleigh, I couldn't sing with him. We'd kill each other in a day! I hate him!"

 

            Calleigh sighs. "Reese come on, he's not a bad guy. You just hate him because occasionally he showed you up on the academic team. It's not the end of the world you know. No one is asking you to fall in love with him!"

 

            I make the turn onto our street, almost hitting a fire hydrant when Reese says, "You mean like you fell in love with Spencer? Hmm Calleigh?"

 

            I stop the car in front of our house and turn.  "Spencer?"

 

            Calleigh blushes. "Can we talk about this LATER please? I don't want Dad freaking out."

 

            Before any of us can speak, she's out of the car and running for Nick, who just came out the front door. When he swings her up in his arms, laughing, my heart swells. His Pixie is home. He's gonna be one happy Daddy tonight.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Let us know!! :)