- Text Size +

Daddies’ Girls

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 36

 

Calleigh

 

Disbelief is the first emotion I feel. Reese and Seth together? The world is coming to an end. They are the last two people I thought would get together. Reese seems a little out of sorts, so I don’t say anything.

 

“Yeah, I guess we can talk to Grandma.” I say unsurely. I just want to talk to Reese about Spencer and kissing.

 

We head towards the kitchen, both us are thinking about the evening. I can’t believe I had my first kiss and made out with a boy. Things were moving fast with Spencer, but I kind of liked it. Now I understand how Reese felt about Jake.

 

Reese abruptly stops, causing me to fall into her. She turns around and looks at me. “We’re going to be in deep shit. Grandma is going to flip and tell our dads. I don’t want to be grounded. It was just a kiss.”

 

Crap, if Reese is freaking out, I know we are going to be in a lot of trouble. The one time I let loose and now I’m going to go to hell.  If my dad finds out, I’ll never get to see Spencer. Life sucks.

 

Slowly we enter the kitchen. Denise is sitting in the breakfast nook with a cup of tea. She looks up at us; her face unreadable. I am scared.

 

“Umm….hi….Grandma.” Reese says nervously.

 

“Hello girls.” She motions toward us. “Have a seat. I think we need to have a talk.”

 

Reese quickly sits down. I slowly sit down next to her. I am shaking like a leaf on the inside.

 

“Grandma, we can explain.” Reese blurts out. Usually she’s so calm, but not at the moment.

 

“I was just going to ask if you enjoyed the movie.” She says casually, smiling at us.

 

Reese glances at me. I know what she is thinking. This is not a normal reaction from an adult who’s caught two teenage girls making out with their boyfriends. We are dead meat.

 

“It was nice, though I’m not fond of scary movies.” I manage to get out.

 

“You girls seemed to be enjoying them this evening.”  Denise takes a sip of her tea.

 

Neither of us knows what to say. Sure, Reese had been caught with Jake, but I was a good girl. I think Ree is more freaked out about Seth asking her to be his girlfriend than actually getting caught.

 

“Grandma Denise, we’re sorry. It won’t happen again.” I apologize.

 

“Oh, sweetheart I sincerely doubt that. I understand what it’s like to be a young woman. You’re in love.”

 

“I don’t think it’s love yet, but I really like Spencer a lot.” I can’t help it, I smile. I did enjoy my evening.

 

Reese is sitting silently. I’m worried about her. She is never quiet, but she hasn’t uttered a peep. I nudge her under the table and she gives me a shrug.

 

“I know both of you are into these boys, and they seem very nice. Making out can lead to things that you aren’t ready for just yet. Your body is telling you how good it feels, but that doesn’t mean you’re ready for sex.” Denise starts to lecture.

 

Her lecture is ruining the wonderful moment I had with Spencer. I don’t like it, but I keep quiet and listen.

 

“Come on, Grandma. There is no way I am having sex with Seth Livingstone. Sure, I like the way he kisses but geesh.” Reese blurts out. She finally came out of her stupor.

 

“Reese Elizabeth, I am not going to remind you about Jake. That wasn’t that long ago.” She gives Reese a stare and continues. “You both are mature for your age. Kissing and touching feels good, but sex at your age is dangerous.”

 

“We know. I’ve been through this conversation before.” Reese sighs, frustrated. I know she is sick of hearing it. I am, too.

 

“I believe it’s something you need to hear over and over. I wish I would have done that with Alex and Nick.” Denise trails off more to herself than us. It makes me curious about my dad. Was he a wild child? Did he have sex as a teenager?

 

“Please, I’m not like my mom and dad. They have sex in the kitchen. That’s so gross.”

 

My eyes get wide at Reese’s comment. I don’t even know what to say. If Uncle AJ and Aunt Aspen do that outside the bedroom, what do my parents do? This conversation is disturbing. I just want to go to bed.

 

“Girls, I don’t want to be a great grandmother anytime soon. If you are thinking about having sex, please think really hard about it. Things can go wrong and guys will say anything to get you in bed. Talk to your moms and dads. You will need to use protection.”

 

“Damn it, we know all this. We’re not stupid.” Reese opens her big mouth.

 

“That’s enough.” Grandma Denise replies sharply.  “Reese your attitude doesn’t surprise me. You are your father’s daughter.”

 

That put Reese in full pout mode. It’s not funny but I want to laugh. I think we both want this conversation to end. I hated talking about sex with grownups. It was embarrassing. I think about having this kind of talk with my dad and my stomach gets twitchy.

 

“I get what you are saying Grandma Denise. I promise that I will talk to an adult if I ever decide to have sex. I plan on waiting a long time. It’s not a decision I take lightly. Kissing is nice, but I know I’m not ready to take it any further. The whole thing is a little scary for me. ” I say seriously. Reese reaches over and pinches me.

 

“That’s mature Calleigh. I’m glad you are taking things seriously.” Denise comments and Reese pinches me again. I’m going to be bruised. “Girls, I would like you to talk to your mom’s about what happen tonight.”

 

“Why not our dads?” Reese quips. Denise and I can’t help but laugh.

 

“Ree, can you imagine telling your dad that Seth had his tongue down your throat.” I tease.

 

“Calleigh Amber.” Reese shrieks and punches me in the arm. I can’t stop giggling.

 

“Girls, keep it down. The little ones are sleeping.”

 

“Okay, we better get to bed.” Reese announces. She gets up and gives her Grandma a kiss. “Thanks for not going postal on us.”

 

“You’re welcome. Please talk to your mom or I will mention it to her.”

 

“Sure thing. Let’s go Leigh.” She starts to pull me out of the room.

 

“Goodnight, Grandma Denise.” I say as I leave the room.

 

We rush upstairs to the bedroom Reese and I are sharing. Quickly we get into our pajamas. Then we get into bed so that we can talk about the boys.

 

“So how was making out with Spencer?” Ree asks as she checks her phone.

 

“I have to admit it was awesome. Kissing Spencer is everything I thought it would be and more.” I say dreamily.

 

“You are so hooked, girly. I’m so happy for you.” She gives me a hug. “Did he feel you up or anything?”

 

I blush at her question. She is always good at embarrassing me. “Oh, Ree. No! Spencer was nothing more than a gentleman. He didn’t even French kiss me.”

 

“Just you wait girl. Pretty soon his tongue will be in your mouth.”  Reese teases.

 

I blush profusely. I really don’t want to talk about it. Maybe I should change the subject, but I decide to be honest with her. “I don’t think I’m ready for that. That’s taking thing a little too far.”

 

“Oh Calleigh.” She remarks dramatically. “It’s okay. It’s a good thing you are dating a nice guy like Spencer. You picked a good first boyfriend.”

 

“Thanks, Reese. That means a lot to me.” I give her a quick hug. “So tell me about Seth.”

 

Reese thinks for a few minutes before thinking. I know that she is confused. “Oh, Leigh! When he kissed me earlier in the kitchen, it was a simple kiss on the forehead, but it was so gentle. I couldn’t think of anything else.”

 

“I’m so happy for you.”

 

“Then when he slid his tongue in my mouth. He made me feel like a woman. It was better than Jake. I just don’t understand why he likes me. I’ve been a bitch to him since middle school.”

 

“Ree, he sees the great person you are on the inside. I think Seth is the perfect guy for you.”

 

“We’ll see. I can’t believe I said yes.” Reese laughs.

 

“Just wait until your dad finds out. He’ll be planning the wedding.” I tease her.

 

“Hell no. I’m not getting married until I’m forty.” Reese says as she curls up under the covers.

 

“Night, Ree.”

 

“Night, Leigh.”