- Text Size +

 

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 38

 

Jade

 

            I've tried twice to get Nick to sneak away with me.  Both times, he brushed me off.  Yes, ok, I get it, this is Aspen's big night and we should stay a while.  Fine, whatever.  But does he have to be so cold about it?  I can't even get him to kiss me which makes me even madder.

 

            I chose Red Riding Hood for a reason.  This was the absolute sexiest costume I could find that was suitable for such an occasion.  Aspen even made a cupcake called Red Riding Hood Velvet.  Sounds kinky I know, but she has some DOOZIES in her adult cupcake line.  Lick Me Key Lime.  Peach Passion.  AJ's favorite, Better Than Sex.  And that's just a few. 

 

            After talking to Red, I figured the best thing to do was just point blank tell him I want him.  So far, it hasn't worked.  Last time I looked, he was talking to Kevin about the new album.  I seriously think of just leaving when I see Bryce, Jensen and Chuck.  I didn't think they would come to a cupcake shop grand opening, but they did.

 

            We've known them since we were kids.  Jensen was my first crush, back in fourth grade.  Too bad he was gay.  Instead of becoming the best boyfriend ever, he and the other's became fast family friends that lasted our lifetimes.  They are dressed up like the Three Musketeers and look so cute.  I push aside my problems with Nick and go over to talk to them.  If nothing else, I'm sure Jensen will at least make me laugh.

 

 

            It takes all of thirty seconds for me to realize Chuck is drunk.  He caught his wife with the mailman a month ago and since then, he's been drinking more.  Tonight is the worst I've seen him.  Jensen and Bryce are trying to get him to leave when he looks me over and says, "Damn, Jade, why didn't I ever notice how hot you are?"

 

            I blush, pulling my cape tighter around me.  "Chuck, I think you need help."

 

            He laughs loudly and I know people are staring.  "Come, Jade.  I don't need help.  But what I do need is to see more of you. Come on, show me what you got."

 

            He pulls my cape apart and starts groping my breasts.  I'm mortified.  Jensen grabs at Chuck but he pushes him off and manages to run a finger down my cleavage.  From the corner of my eye I see Aspen watching in horror.  I push Chuck's hand away and whisper fiercely, "Chuck, you're ruining Aspen's party.  Get out of here."

 

            From behind me, I hear Nick and I swear to God, the tone of his voice sends a chill straight to my soul.  "Get your hands off my wife!"

 

            Nick places himself in front of me, staring at Chuck. I can't see Nick's face, but Chuck turns white as a sheet.  "Geesh, I was just playing around. Where's your Halloween spirit?"

 

            Nick grabs his shirt and pulls him forward.  "If we were anywhere else, I'd flatten you, but for Aspen's sake..."

 

            I step around Nick.  "Chuck, go home."

 

            He nods, not meeting my eyes.  Jensen grabs one of Chuck's arms and Bryce grabs the other.  "He's not himself, Jade. I'm sure he didn't mean it."

 

            I nod.  "I know Jensen.  I'll talk to you later."

 

            I start to turn around and Nick whispers, "No. Don't look at me."

 

            I feel my lip quiver.  He's pissed.  SHIT.  I don't turn around, I just say, "Nick, he was drunk and he's upset about Maria.  It was nothing."

 

            I feel his body touch mine lightly and his breath tickles my hair.  "DON'T say another word.  If you hadn't been flaunting yourself..."

 

            His words push me over the edge.  I walk away from him under a head of steam.  I pull Aspen and Lilly into the kitchen and hug them both, whispering, "I have to leave."

 

            Lilly grabs my shoulders and shakes me.  "Twig, what's wrong? Is it Chuck being an ass?"

 

            I shake my head but before I speak, Aspen says, "No, NICK is the ass. Are you going home, Jade?"

 

            I shrug.  "I don't know. I'll call you in a while. I'm sorry Red.  The place looks great."

 

            She hugs me.  "It's because he loves you."

            I sigh, tears seeping down my cheeks.  "I know."

 

 

            I end up at the Redbury.  I haven't been here in years, but I just couldn't go home.  Not to the house I share with Nick knowing he thinks I'm a slut.  I throw my purse on the table and take off the cape.  I didn't plan this very well, I have nothing to wear home.  Oh well, I'll call Red in the morning and ask her to bring me something.

 

            Just as I start taking off one of my boots, my phone rings.  I grab it.  Aspen.  "Hey, Red."

 

            I hear her relax.  "You're ok?"

 

            I sigh.  "Yeah, I'm fine.  I just can't believe after everything that's happened, it ends up like this."

 

            She asks quietly, "Did you go home? Is Nick there yet?"

 

            I shake my head like a moron, thinking she can see me. "No...I'm not home. I came to the Redbury.  I don't...isn't Nick there?"

 

            She raises her voice a little. "Why are you at the Redbury?  Dammit Twig, how can you fix things with Nick if you don't go home?"

 

            I feel anger bubbling up in me.  "It's none of your business Aspen!"  When she gasps, I instantly feel horrible.  "I'm sorry Red.  Chalk it up to sexual frustration, ok?  I'm fine.  I think I will go home.  In a while."

 

            She murmurs, "I'm just worried. If you need me call."

 

            I smile and whisper, "Thanks Red.  Love you."

 

            I feel drained.  I put my phone aside and lay back on the bed, still fully dressed.  I close my eyes and take a deep breath.  No wonder my blood pressure is through the roof.  Look at me, flying off the handle about everything.

 

            I sit up and reach for my purse.  I pull out my blood pressure pills and mutter, "What if I just stop taking them?"  As I contemplate such a daring move, someone knocks.  I sigh, popping open the lid.  As much as I want to just flush them, I better ask my doctor first.  And take the dose I forgot to take before the party.

 

            I go to the door, expecting Lilly.  Surprisingly, I find my husband.  He looks...scared.  I sigh and say, "Come in."  I turn away from him and reach for a water bottle. "I'll be so glad when I can stop taking these stupid pills.  They are probably making my blood pressure soar."

 

            I hear him groan and turn in time to be swept into his arms.  I drop the bottle of pills and the bottle of water as his lips crash onto mine.  I revel in his savagery but I wonder where it's coming from.  I manage to push him away and ask, "What do you think you're doing?"

            He leans back a little but keeps a firm grasp on my waist.  "I'm kissing my wife, what do you think?"

 

            I wiggle out of his arms and shove him away. "What, you think that ring gives you a right after the way you spoke to me?  Get a grip Carter, I'm not "flaunting" myself any more tonight!"  I grab the cape and wrap it around me, turning away from him.

 

            I hear him sigh.  "Jade, you know I didn't mean it.  I was furious.  I was jealous.  Instead of blaming myself for being such an ass, I threw the blame off on you.  I'm sorry."

 

            I lower my head and sniffle. "Nick, what's happened to us?  Ever since Jazz came, things are different."  I wrap my arms tightly around my waist.  "I...Nick I just need you.  I don't care what the doctor says, I need you and it's killing me."

 

            As the sobs overtake me he steps in front of me and pulls me into his arms.  I bury my head in his chest and my body shakes.  He rubs my back and whispers, "Jade, it's ok.  Baby, stop crying."

 

            We end up lying on the bed wrapped in each other's arms.  When my tears are all dried up, he tilts my face up to his and whispers, "Jade, I thought I was doing what was best for you, and it was killing me.  There isn't a day that I don't want to make love to you in every conceivable position and not stop until we both collapse."

 

            I sigh, frustrated.  "That damn doctor is a certifiable quack.  There is nothing wrong with me."

 

            I see worry in his eyes.  "Jade, when I got here tonight...when I saw you with those pills...it really scared me."

 

            I prop myself up on my elbow.  "Why Nick?"  Then it dawns on me. "Nick, I'm so sorry Sweetheart. I hope you know I would never...I would NEVER try to hurt myself again. You have to believe that."

 

            He smiles sadly.  "I do.  But for a heartbeat, it's like I was seeing what happened to you all those years ago and it scared the shit out of me.  Jade I love you."

 

            I lean closer to him and kiss him. "I love you too, Nick."

 

            Our kisses deepen and my body responds to him almost instantly.  When he starts to pull away, I plead with him in an agonized whisper, "Nick, PLEASE!"

 

            I see his mouth turn up in that smirk I love so much before he whispers, "Just gonna get a bit more comfortable, Little Girl. Don't you think you should?"

 

            I watch him slowly take off his clothes and my body throbs with need.  I stand and put one of my feet on the bed, slowly lowering the zipper on the boot.  He whistles and in a sultry voice says, "Much as I love a show, Jade, I need you naked. NOW!"

 

            All else is forgotten as I quickly strip.  We meet in the middle of the bed and he pushes me quickly onto my back, nestling between my thighs.  "Mine Jade. You're all mine."

 

            I feel the weight of the world lift from my shoulders as the weight of my husband presses me into the bed.  I gasp in pleasure as he fills me and I whisper, "All yours Nick. Now and always." 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

We'd love to hear your thoughts! :)