- Text Size +

Daddies' Girls

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 3

 

Reese

 

            My parents…AJ and Aspen McLean. Until tonight, I thought they wanted me to have everything my heart desired.  Now I know it’s just not true. Dad probably wants to recapture the glory days of his fame by making me a star. Yeah, I want to be a singer, but not for him!  I don’t want to ever see him again.  He’s such a hypocrite.

            As for my Mom…what a joke! She had me alone because she fucked AJ one night after getting drunk at a bar.  A one-night-stand. But oh, Heaven forbid me making love to my boyfriend!  Geesh, it’s not the 70’s anymore.  I know girls younger than me that fuck their boyfriends on a daily basis.  The difference is, Jake LOVES me. He told me so. He wants to be with me all the time.

            Now that I’m out of that house, I head straight to Jake’s. He lives in the apartment above his parent’s garage.  He graduates this year. I can’t help but smile as I think about how sweet he’s been. No guy ever treated me like Jake. He’s such a great kisser…and when he touched my boobs, I thought I’d die it felt so good.

            I just want to feel more.  Last time we made out, when he pressed his knee between my legs, I got all dizzy. I want to feel that again. I want him to do it. Be my first. No, we weren’t gonna do it at my parents. I just wanted some alone time to make out with him. Leave it to Calleigh to fuck everything up for me. She’s always telling me I should slow down with him.

            I climb the steps to Jake’s place and knock.  When he opens the door, he looks behind me with a grimace on his face. “Why are you here, Reese?”

            His attitude really hurts.  Whispering, I say, “I…ran away. I can’t…they said no more practice, no more band…no more you…until I graduate. I can’t…live without you Jakey.”

            He snarls, “DON’T call me that! Fuck, you ran away? If they find you here, they’ll arrest me! You idiot! Why did you come here?”

            Letting my tears fall, I whisper, “I thought…you…loved…me.”

            His expression softens.  “I do, Reese-Cup. You’re my girl. But you can’t be here.”

            I sob loudly as he hugs me to his chest. “What can I do?”

            He says, “Go home. I’ll find a way to see you.”

            I shake my head violently.  “NO! If I go, I’ll never see you again!”

            With a sterner voice, he says, “You have to go home Reese. You’re only 15. If the cops show up, I’ll go to jail then you’ll NEVER see me again.” I pale considerably. “See, you didn’t think of that. Go home. We’ll lay low, keep it quiet and when we can, we’ll get out of here together. OK?”

            I know he’s right. If he goes to jail I’ll never see him.  I throw myself against him and say, “I love you Jake. At least let me stay a while?”

            He pushes me away. “No. As soon as I make sure the coast is clear, you’re outta here. Dammit Reese, I don’t want to go to jail.”

            I sigh, biting my lip. “Sorry Jake. I just…can’t take it anymore. I can’t live there.”

            He snaps his fingers. “What about Calleigh’s? Would her mom and dad take you in a while?”

            I can’t help but snort. “HA! She ratted me out and told what we were doing. Why the hell would I move in with her?”

            He says, “So we can see each other, Stupid. You know she does anything you ask.”

            I think about what he says. “OK. I’ll leave. Will you kiss me before I go?”

            He pulls me roughly against his body and slams his lips over mine. It almost hurts, but at the same time it feels so good.  His hands slide all over my back and my butt. When he finally pulls away, he’s breathing hard. “I’ll go see if it’s clear. Stay here.”

            After he leaves, I roam around his apartment. I’ve never been up here. It’s kind of cool. You can tell a guy lives here. A pile of dirty clothes in the corner, a pile of what looks like clean ones on the couch. 

            I poke through a stack of DVD’s on the table by his bed.  Close to the bottom I see Alice in Wonderland.  Thinking it’s weird he has it, I move the DVD’s on top of it. When I see the cover, I know I blush to my toes. It’s a porn movie. I quickly try to hide it, then I see the movie that was under it. Lilly of the Night. Right there on the cover, is none other than my Aunt Lilly.

            I feel like I’m gonna puke.  I shove the movie in my backpack and restack the DVD’s. I hope to GOD he hasn’t watched it. Aunt Lilly did porn? SERIOUSLY?

            I turn and run down the steps, meeting him at the bottom. He grabs me and says, “I told you to wait.”

            I push him away and say, “I gotta get out of here…I…don’t want…to get you…in trouble.” I turn away, hoping he buys the stuttering act as me still being pissed at Mom and Dad.

            As I’m leaving, he yells, “Call me when the dust settles.”

            I run as fast as I can, thinking there’s no way in HELL I’m gonna call him now. If he found out what Aunt Lilly did, I’d be the laughing stock at school. My aunt, the porn queen. Isn’t that just fucking great?

 

            When I get home, cops are everywhere. Aunt Jade is on the porch with Mom.  When they see me, Mom runs across the grass and practically tackles me, yelling, “Don’t you EVER do that to me again!”

            I struggle to push her away and yell back, “Stop treating me like a baby!”

            Dad comes off the porch, yelling, “DON’T speak to your mother like that! Dammit Reese, what’s wrong with you?”

            I struggle to keep from crying. But tears spill over anyway. “I guess I’m a big fuck up, just like you!”

            I push past him and charge in the house, ignoring his demands for me to stop.  I hear Aunt Jade say, “She’s home you two. Give her time to calm down.”

            Calm down? I’m never gonna calm down. EVER! When I get to my room, Calleigh is there, crying. I’m still pissed at her. “Why are you here?”

            She sniffles. “I…didn’t tell…Reese. I swear, I didn’t!”

            I throw my bag in the corner. “Whatever. Just go already. My life is ruined.”

            She slinks to the door but before she leaves, she whispers, “You’re my best friend, Ree.  I wouldn’t have done that to you.”

            OK, on some level she got to me…not because I believe her…but because Jake’s right. I can use Calleigh to score time with him. I jump up and say, “Leigh, wait.” She stops but won’t look at me. “I know you didn’t.  It’s ok.”

            She looks at me. “You mean it?”

            I roll my eyes. “Yes, I mean it. I ran to Jake’s but he said I had to come home. He doesn’t want to go to jail.”

            She looks at me with her mouth open. “Jake?”

            I snap, “Yes, Jake. I love him. He loves me. Period. When I’m old enough, I’m going to be with him. They can’t stop me.”

            She cringes. “Ree, be careful. Your Dad is really hot now about him. He wants to have him arrested.”

            I sit on my bed.  “If he does, I swear I’ll never EVER speak to him again. I may not anyway after the way he embarrassed me.”

            The door slowly opens and my dad steps inside. He looks…sad. I bite my lip, ashamed of my outburst. As mad as I am, I do love my dad. With his eyes on me, he says, “Calleigh, your mom and dad are ready to go.”

            Calleigh nods. She looks at me and says, “See ya?” I just nod at her.

She tries to skirt around my dad, but he stops her. He turns to her and says, “I’m sorry for yelling at you Calleigh. I was just...mad. I didn’t mean it.”

She nods, looking away from him. “It’s ok,” she barely whispers.”

After she leaves, he turns to me. “We have to have a discussion Reese.”

I nod, knowing it’s gonna be bad.